Next Up: Wyrmshadow's Flame-Throwing Steam Tank

Ozymandias

In Terra Fantasia
Supporter
No, I haven't caught the Steampunk "brain fever". I simply figured, "Why have only one major unfinished mod in the works when you can have two?"

Premise (historical): British and French troops face off at Fashoda near the headwaters of the Nile. Ahistorical: they shoot at each other, triggering the first global war. As this is meant to be fun as opposed to a "counter-factual" exercise, the CSA will have won the Civil War, France's Maximillian's son will be ruling Mexico, and Wyrm's great Harry Turtledove units will come into play.

Alliance 1: Great Britain, Germany, Austria-Hungary, CSA, Japan, Portugal

Alliance 2: France, Russia, Serbia, USA, Spain

The rest TBD.

Technological premise: the British were already employing steam tractors during the Boer War. Whenever war breaks out, one tries to improve upon the most reliable/robust - in this case, the steam engine, with some metallurgical magic to keep the boilers from exploding.

Irrespective - ENJOY!

:D ,

Oz

EDIT/PS - Woops! -and THE LINK.

Attachments

• USsteamtank.gif
    USsteamtank.gif
    388.1 KB · Views: 366
  • SteamTank.jpg
    SteamTank.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 10-23-2009 9-12-36 PM.jpg
    10-23-2009 9-12-36 PM.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 290
:eek: THAT's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!11

EDIT: By the description you're giving, does this mean there's another alternate-history/end of 19th century scenario I should be looking forward to?

Whilst I truly appreciate this unit (and it goes directly into the SP Mod) allow me to note with a wry smile that it appears to be a Flame-spitting Steam Tank...

"Spitting" is the Victorian equivalent of "Throwing".

And if you think that makes no sense whatsoever, you pass. :p

and Wyrm's great Harry Turtledove units will come into play.
Interesting....

:eek: THAT's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!11

EDIT: By the description you're giving, does this mean there's another alternate-history/end of 19th century scenario I should be looking forward to?

No. This was actually built, but the boilers were too weak to make it move very much.

There is one more actual tank that Oz wants me to do. Its the most difficult model sofar, but otherwise unremarkable.

It's a 2 in 1! A new mod in the works and another incredibly awesome Wyrmshadow unit! Thank you both!

Tom
I will definately agree with that. I look forward to any units that Wyrmshadow creates his animations are always top notch and I am sure anything that Ozzy makes will also be.

I will definately agree with that. I look forward to any units that Wyrmshadow creates his animations are always top notch and I am sure anything that Ozzy makes will also be.

Ozzy makes not. This, the Land Monitor, and an upcoming ~1920 British Mk.B are all commissioned from Wyrmshadow: he is their sole creator.

Best,

Oz

Ozzie I know that the units are all created by Wyrmshadow, however I thought I saw that you had a mod in production.

:lol: Who doesn't? - Two, actually, this one and one I've been beating my brains out over for ... years ...

I'm thinking this one will make for a nice interlude :)

Best,

Oz

"Spitting" is the Victorian equivalent of "Throwing".

And if you think that makes no sense whatsoever, you pass. :p
If one were so rude as to mention such a thing, the phrase would be "conflagratory expectoration".

If one were so rude as to mention such a thing, the phrase would be "conflagratory expectoration".

Tut, tut! :) Not rude at all. Fiendishly new devices require a fiendishly new vocubalary, and I quite like, "conflagratory expectoration."

:devil: ,

Oz

Top Bottom