Work in progess and Previews

This is what I did today

Attachments

• KumasoEmsihi.jpg
    KumasoEmsihi.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 112
Well it could be a bad angle, but that looks more like a tapir than a horse ;) Its way to fat (I suppose Shiro was trying to shorten it so it can be more asian), and his front legs are all wrong. Horses don`t kneel like that when standing. The legs should be strait, even when then the rider is attacking with a spear or some other weapon. Thats why I suggested moving the horse a bit sideways when attacking, you can`t hit anything infront of you when on a horse, unless you have a lance.

So the legs should be straight, and even if a horse bends the knee, they very rarely bend it without also bending the ankle.

And here is a GIF of a european work horse (nothing like it was used in warfare, except the medieval european knights. Perhaps not so medieval, more rennesaince, when the horses wore full plate armour.), which is what this horse looks like. Notice the leg movement.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Muybridge_horse_walking_animated.gif

Horses weren't introduced to Japan until the Dark Ages- time period anyways :mischief:
But I won't say no to a horse archer anyways! :D

Hmm, well, I think the latter era of these guys overlaps with the introduction of horses, so I think that I am incorrect in saying that they aren't historical :blush: I'm not expert of Japanese history by any standards, but for a moment I thought they were finished before the horses were introduced.

Top Bottom