WW II Polish Rifleman

Gary Childress

Student for and of life
Can't have a WW II mod without the Polish! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

NOTE: I decided to go strictly with CIV scale for this unit so that it will blend in with Firaxis units.

EDIT: In honor of this auspicious month 70 years ago, here is a sharpened version of the Polish Rifleman. Basically an enhanced version using Paint Shop Pro.

For a comparison of the sharpened vs unsharpened, see below. First one is the sharpened version, second is the original.

Download sharpened version here

Gary Childress
:goodjob:

good thing
I can think of stone from the heart, I thought of Gary Childress is no longer a unit!

:)drool:Mir fällt ein Stein vom Herz, ich dachte schon von Gary Childress kommt keine Einheit mehr!)

:old:
MfG Wotan49

Very nice timing for this one, Gary. Smooth and crisp animations! Its a bit pale in colour though, given the Polish Summer uniform was more brownish though, while yours seems to resemble the Winter uniform.

Thanks. I was working off a pic posted by Wyrmshadow in my Poser creations thread in the main forum a while back.

I could do a summer uniform too I guess.

Unfortunately they seemed to use a lot of different uniform colors, from that grey green color to a dark brown. They seemed to change from branch to branch. Also I don't know how prevalent the helmets were, as I've seen a lot of pictures with them wearing the soft rogatywka.

Just did some research on that Spanish site on helmets and uniforms. While apparently the design of the model Wz 31 Helmet* was initiated as early as 1930-31, the delivery of the first helmets didn't take palce until 1935. By 1936 Poland signed a contract with Sweden to speed up the lagging production. All in all a total of 300.000 helmets were produced until 1939, while it remains unclear if these were all distributed by the outbreak of WWII. It is also stated that 1936 saw the introduction of new, brown uniforms, colour to which the helmets already produced where adapted accordingly. Unfortunately there is no colour photographs of the actual shade of brown of the uniforms, though later time colour pictures of the helmets suggest a tendency towards replacing the greys with a strong tone of brown.

While seen as "national" helmet, this particualr model wasn't the only type of helmet in use with the Polish army at the time, with French WWI era Adrian helmets and the reject model Wz 1935 type (then destined to civil defence) being issued. So it is indeed safe to assume that several different types of equipment and uniforms were issued to the Polish army at mobilization. :)

Gary Childress said:
I could do a summer uniform too I guess.
Nah, this one here is quite cool the way it is

Excellent unit, Gary! :thumbsup:

It is appreciated that you're still making units while at busy work.

And if there is possibility, I still expect the Chinese rifleman in your preview thread, the nationalist amry or the Red Army. :p

Excellent unit, Gary! :thumbsup:

It is appreciated that you're still making units while at busy work.

And if there is possibility, I still expect the Chinese rifleman in your preview thread, the nationalist amry or the Red Army. :p

Thanks crazyanswer! My original plan was to do every conceivable infantry unit for WWII but that is scaled back drastically now. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a few here and there. It's good to be working though. I was a little worried there for awhile that I would never find a job. :eek:

Top Bottom