Great Prophet Question

bbobb23

Chieftain
I am generating a ton of fate from my cities but everyone on my continent is already converted into following my religion. Thanks to my faith generation, I generate a great prophet every once and a while and I dont need them for anything. Is there anyway to turn off great prophet generation before the Industrial era?

Nope. All you can do is manage as best you can.

You can try to tune down your faith generation (including selling shrines and temples, if necessary) or switching to tiles that don't generate faith (if you have a faith-giving pantheon, like desert folklore). Otherwise, you can park your GPs until you have discovered Astronomy and can spread your True Faith to the heathens on other continents, or you can plant them to form Holy Sites (+6 faith).

In the future, if you anticipate above-average faith generation, it can be useful to take a "faith-sink" follower belief, like one (or two) of the religious buildings or Holy Warriors, to get "value" for your pre-Industrial faith and avoid generating un-needed GPrs.

Another option is building a missionary.

Also, while this could screw up timing for Industrial era great people, a Great Prophet still has some use: It's a common city state quest to be converted and if there's another religion already entrenched, a GP is very good at clearing it. (And who cares in this case if the AI flips it back a few turns later since they've already awarded you the free influence points)

Top Bottom