Civ Names Basic Help

Thomas Redbeard

Chieftain
Hey guys, I asked thall i got back was a load of 'techy' words, that i just couldnt work out. So i need it in basic terms if anyone can help! I have Civ 4, and I'm after installing a patch(?) that changes nations names, so if they convert to islam they become "islamic kingdom of portugal" for example, or if someone adopts hereditary rule they become a kingdom or some such, can anyone help me in plain english? i dont know what unzipp or anything is, i need literally basic step by step

That would be a mod, I believe. ..

Do you know if it exists already? If it does, you just need to ask directions on loading a Mod
And I would try the Mod Forum

If I am understanding your post correctly, your having difficulty with various Civ's names changing depending on a set of circumstances. I.E; adopt Monarchy, and your civ becomes Kingdom of so and so.
If that is correct, then I'm guessing your playing a mod. If so, then the modcomp in question is called "Dynamic Names", which is part of the mod. Simply go into your bug menu ( which is a little lady bug or small beetle" at the top part of your screen, select the "custom tab", and uncheck the box.
Or, if you start a new game, select custom game/scenario, scroll down, and uncheck the box from there.
It would help if you gave more detail for what your current issue is.

Top Bottom