This scenario is...

• Incredible!

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Great!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Good.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Very good report and suggestions, including a few small things I would have missed.

I have discovered a MAJOR Bug in the game for the exp scenarios. I will release the 1.2 versions to fix that bug.

Hi, The only problem I saw is requirments for railroad to have a uranium ;) That available from extas...

Alright! I'm using a hotel computer right now but when i get home I'll download all those new versions!

Originally posted by kingvance
Hey Sarevok,
Do you happen to have a PTW version of 3 kingdom? I'm really looking forward to play this scenario.
Thanks

No I dont unfortunately, and converting it to PTW is nearly impossible... Sorry :(

Welcome to CFC BTW :D

Originally posted by Sarevok

I was too lazy to change it ;)

By the way you are not so lazy :). You have created so many things...

Still Railroad starts to work after inventions of railroads. May be u need coal for this.

I have start as emperor probably as Liu Bei. After "blitzcrig" conquering nearest 2 neibors I have decided not to wait longer and I have organized massive attack on Wei. Have cut 4 towns already including wonder with barracks. Without horses Wei is losing ground. I have notice that most of his best units are simply staying in the capital :).

Long live LU BU AND DIAO CHAN Wahoo

Originally posted by Sarevok
so what should be done about that?

The problem I saw that AI strategy is empty on Unit page (That should be put in the Offense diffence). So it should have load ability to set offence on to allow AI to use it.
But it will cause other problems. AI will load them in Armies. U may want to place armies and warriors in different towns.

The other problem is follows I have play 3 kingdoms and rise and never have leader or a warrior arise from the battle. Just curious.

I have been tinkering around with the original (ver 1.3) of TTK and have a couple of observations from my limited exposure.

I elected to play as Wei. I did some trading with Wu and managed to get the Medium units technology. Having a lot of cash left, I proceeded to upgrade a pile of units in the army, mainly cav, but also some archers and swordsman and pikeman. At 60 upgrade cost for archers, swordsman, and pikeman and 90 for the cav, I was able to upgrade quite a few.

Shu open the festivities by moving what appeared to be most of their army to the north and moving their cav out front. I had moved some troops in the area and also had 2 of my corps markers filled up with medium cav to counter attack with, so Shu lost most of their cav and retreated back.

I played 10 turns or so and finally took one of the isolated Shu cities. The heavy catapult is brutal with a 12 bombard and 3 square range. I have a pile of them in the middle of the map now and should have no issues moving forward against the target of my choice. I am also in the golden age, so my cash is starting to build up again. This is also helped with the fact that growth rates are incredible and cities grow very fast, increasing tax base.

On the units:

Spearman are not worth much. I was disbanding some of them to help with production and reduce troop expenses. Should probably do the same to some of the naval units.

I am currently building a mix of medium cav and catapults.

Catapults do not have lethal bombard against ships. Perhaps they should.

Light cav has 4 pips at regular status and medium cav has 3 pips at regular status. Would think they should be reversed perhaps. Perhaps light cav could move 3 instead of 2 as well to add some mobility.

Will tinker some more when I get a chance (my civ playing time has taken a drastic hit in recent weeks). So far, I have been having some fun with it and the topic is interesting.

I am going to have to cancel work on The Battle of Red Cliffs at this time as a scenario.This is the current scheduled list of the extra scenario's I have planned.

The Battle of Guandu: Cao Cao VS Yuan Shao (200)
Expected Release: March 28

The Nothern Campaigns: Zhuge Liang VS Wei (227)
Expected Release: April 4

The Rise of Jin: Sima Zhao, Sima Yan, etc. (263)
Expected Release: April 10

Top Bottom