Resolution

orcutt989

Chieftain
How do I change the resolution of Conquests? Whenever I launch the game, there is a black space, about an inch wide all around the screen. I run normally at 1024x768 pixels, and that is what I would like to run the game at. But there are no graphics preferences..right? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

EDIT: Okay I just read other posts and found that the default resolution is 1024x768, but how do I get rid of the black space when the game is launched?

Are you sure your resoluation is 1024 x 768? Most likely it is, but just make sure. Also, in your Conquests.ini file, add "KeepRes=0" - that will make the game use 1024 x 768 instead of your default, which is causing the black border. I hope it works, if not, let us know. :)

First of all it would help if you had the manual to your monitor. However it isn't neccesary. On the front of your monitor you should see some buttons (and dials). Now each button (and dial) does something different such as move the screen to the left or right (which is what you want to do). On or next to the buttons (and dials) there is usually a symbol that "tells" you what that button (and dial) does. Try messing around and see what they do.

hi justbought new computer and bought civ3 and when i follow all the on screen install prompts i try to set the game away and the screen gose black with the message out of range ps im new with computors so please try not to make any instrution to difficult thanks.

Turner_727 said:
Find the refresh rate of your monitor. It could be that Civ3 is changing the refresh rate when it changes the screen resolution. Then find your Civilization3.ini file in your Civilization III folder, and add the line Refresh=XX, where XX is the refresh rate of your monitor.

Your Civ3 folder is in C:/Program Files/Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/

Top Bottom