Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Is it just me or the German flag is wrong?

BTW, I love this mod and the map. Love the religions and what you've done with the civics.

Thanks!

Bast said:
It's allright.

V. Soma said:
Oh, I thought the Danube would be fixed for 2.5 :(
But then in the next version? :)

Next Version. ;) Actually, there is the preview with the Danube fix in this thread, could you check it and also the city placement? Could other people also check the city placement in that file? Thanks for your help!

Woodelf said:
I noticed Sulieman having troubles as well, but I love the fact that the barb cities were a bit harder to take. How did you nerf them AG? By not putting them on hills? It must have taken me 20 turns to take Athens once and then I lost it the next turn! Fun stuff.

In v2.5 I removed all in the Balkans except, I think, Athens and Belgrade. Iberian Peninsual only has Lisbon. That should help the AI. Thanks for your feedback.

Also, 10 civs are probably enough in this version... what I will be doing in the, however, is having multiple scenarios starting at 1100, 1200, 1300 AD, etc, each with different civs, etc.

Bast said:

It's the flag of Imperial Germany. I'm glad you like the mod.

what I will be doing in the, however, is having multiple scenarios starting at 1100, 1200, 1300 AD, etc, each with different civs, etc.
:drool:

When the first scenarios from those will be done ? :) :king:

I noticed a very minor typo. When you research Hunting it shows the spearman button on the tech in the F6 window. Thankfully spearmen aren't available then.

What's in store for 3.0?

I played a 2.0 game as Spain, and let me tell ya, those barbarians are fun (if painful). Eventually I conquered the Iberian Penninsula but not before France and Italy gained a huge lead on me. Italy had 6 more technologies than any other civilization! I think perhaps Rome is overpowered, but I was merely observing. France went totally military on my face, ending my game in 1500 via the conquering of some of my major cities (My capitol and Holy City). I love the new civics, as Spain I got to experiment with most of them, very fun!

In my opinion you should add the Dutch as a Civilization, as we were (I'm a dutchman) a major force on the world seas in the 17th century. If you need any help on that (not on the technical part) contact me.

Spain was a blast once I got Lisbon. I had to pick a fight with Napolean and eventually he started getting the best of me... ;) Good fun.

I tried out Austria and got lucky with Venice, took it with 2 archers. I threw a great Nobleman there for defense against Italy and by a fluke I flipped Florence into my hands. The Italians never recovered. :) The Germans converted to Sunni and have been pestering me lately. 2 wars so far so the AI is somewhat aggressive.

And I'm still loving the barb cities. Other than Zurich and one near Sulieman they all seem to be growing well and defending nicely. Zurich has wheat 1 tile beyond their borders, but they simply don't grow their culture like some other barb cities do. I think you'll have to move the wheat down 1, bump up their pop 1, or expand their culture (if possible).

I agree about the Netherlands as a possible fill in for the Teutons, but they can wait for additional scenarios if need be. Tremo did a nice job making their civ a month or so ago.

I'm 80% through an epic game as Germany in 2.0 now. Good stuff. Loving the barbs. I have to disagree about the Dutch though. They were a major power but if they are put in they will become just as big as Germany and France, which will look rather silly, the Germs not having a border with France.

The Chronicles of King Thomas III of England:

4000BC - London founded.
2400BC - York founded.
2160BC - met the pompous ruler of France, Napolean.
1880BC - Stonehenge built in London.
1520BC - Catholicism founded in York with the Council of Nicaea.
1200BC - The barbarian city of Edinburgh captured.
625BC - met the ruler of Germany, Bismarck. Adopted State Promotion civic.
575BC - France converts to Catholicism.
425BC - Nottingham founded.
325BC - Parthenon completed in London, met the ruler of Russia, Peter.
150BC - The Great Lighthouse completed in York.
25AD - The treacherous French declare war. Chariots land near London, fishing boats destroyed on the coast.
75AD - The French are repelled (barely) at York. The last of their chariots die after pillaging the land.
100AD - Saint Peter born in London.
125AD - Catholic Shrine built in York, Hastings founded.
275AD - met the ruler of Poland, traded some good British wool for deer.
300AD - met the ruler of Austria.

This is one awesome mod so far. The French completely have me in a bad way, the barbarian cities are still standing (except Edinburgh), and I'm starting to lag in tech. I need a very, very convincing victory soon or Napolean may never let up. :)

One thing I noticed about the Council of Nicaea; should it have 1 or 2 more prerequisite techs? Maybe Pottery at least so it can't be researched quite so quickly.

haven't loaded v2.5 yet but am suprised by some of the comments. As France I was having real trouble with Spain. Also, I like the fact that Russia is somewhat crippled by being Orthodox. Removing Tuetons, Yeah!! Any thought about UU's? For what it's worth... Italy: Crossbowman, England: Frigate, Germany/Prussia: Musketeer, France: Redcoat, Russia: Cossack, Spain: Conquistador, Austria: Granadier. Another possibility would be Italy with the Caravel and England with the Longbowman.

That was quick and fun. The long and the short is that I made peace with France, failed to build my army, and got squashed 20 turns later when Napolean landed 8 Horse Archers, 2 Axemen, and several chariots near London. I really, really need to make more defenders.....

woodelf said:
That was quick and fun. The long and the short is that I made peace with France, failed to build my army, and got squashed 20 turns later when Napolean landed 8 Horse Archers, 2 Axemen, and several chariots near London. I really, really need to make more defenders.....

Sorry to hear your dynasty ended so quickly... ;). Thanks for the AAR. I wanted Niceae to be researched early for a good spread... do you think Catholic spreads too much?

davebenbak said:
Any thought about UU's?

Thanks for the UU suggestions... I don't think I'll really implement them for a while. I'm starting lots of work on the scenarios based on this mod.

Crash757 said:
When the first scenarios from those will be done ?

During the winter holiday break (late December)... trust me, it'll be worth it to wait.

@ everyone else
Thanks for the feedback... sorry I can't reply to all individually, but your comments do get noticed and considered. As I've said before, the more feedback, the better the mod.

Catholicism seems to spread quickly to other country's cities, but within your own Empire it sometimes skips over towns, frustratingly so! :)

Too bad there wasn't some earlier competition. Maybe Paganism or Druidism could be a super early religion that gets displaced by Catholicism somewhat easily?

Also, please consider adding the log changes Mod. It involves some Python scripts and I don't want to take the chance of messing with your changes or I'd try dropping it in myself. It might be really easy, hard to say.

One change I made with my own mod that I was playing before this one took over my life was the addition of a trebuchet unit. I moved catapult up to being available at Mathematics and the trebuchet at Construction. This might make it easier for the AI to capture the barbarian towns. I took the info from the Lost Units mod if you're interested. It was simple to add.

I've now started and played 6 of the civs through 1000AD. I don't have a favorite, but so far Italy was the easiest with marble and stone. Russia seemed the hardest because there really isn't that much in resource variety. They might be easier if the number of cities penalty was upped by 1 so the severe cost incurred comes that 1 city later.

England and France tend to lag behind for me due to the lack of hills, thus hindering hammer production. Isabella was well balanced as was Austria. In my games Austria has been hovering around last place. Maybe they're getting squeezed? I didn't have that problem, but I was aggressive with Venice and Italy.

Oops, sorry for the scattered post. That's my input, for now. ;)

Playing as England it's easier to build a large navy and prevent Napoleon from landing in the UK then building units to take and HOLD any of his cities...He always seems to have about a million horse archers...It's also nice to get everyone to love you, because they always seem to hate Napoleon anyway! They'll be happy to declare war on your behalf!

The Teutons always seem to get really, really powerful...maybe there should be another civ in that area? Or more barbarian cities? I'm sure someone else can suggest something (Or maybe they have, I didn't read the rest of the posts very carefully :blush: )

Wow this scenario looks really great. I think I'll try it sometime in the next week.

I mainly stopped in just to tell you that you don't actually say the specific time range of the scenario anywhere in the first post. Or maybe I'm just blind which is quite possible. Other than that the first post is really great for informing what its about.
I love the shamlessly ripped Paradox graphics. Can't wait to try it out.

Tried the Version 2.0 + 2.5 patch now....great job AG, thanks!

As for the religions....they could only be founded by the origins (islam by 'Turks' for this scen, aso.), lot of barbar cities/tribes that are fitting, like Venice in northern Italy or Zurich for Switzerland aso.

Currently playing Austria, that is quite good long-term builder civ...early founded the christian church, Poland is calm since Teutonic Order has left...think there will come a turkish 'holy war' in the future ( +/- 0 bc actually).

AG - Is it possible to make certain Leaders hate certain Leaders more? I know you can set aggression, how long they hold a grudge, ect. But can you make Victoria and Napolean more likely to war each other than say Victoria and Metternich?

Hell, maybe you already did it since whenever I play England or France the other comes right for me!

Very, very good. I can't wait to play this scenario, but mostly I'd love one with the Byzantines in. Please, oh Please with lots of cream and a cherry on top, add Byzantium to the next instalment (or to the scenarios!).

Also, it would be great to have some UUs there...

Top Bottom