[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

You owe me a night of sleep !

I installed your mod yesterday evening, and played until 4 am, which results in me being very tired at work today, and my wife being angry at me for getting to bed late...

However, there are some elements which don't work in my french version, like great people

Very nice compilation sevo. i have following problem:
every time i pres any key on keyboard message comes up:

python exception:

tracebak (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 27, in onEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 164, in handleEvent
File "CvSevoEventManager", line 63, in onKbdEvent

NameError: global name 'theKey' is not defined

i have found that place in code but am unsure what to do with it, not into python, so help...please

btw i would like to add some of resources that are used in mylon mod but dont know how.
tnx

Thanks for the :goodjob: all...I'm playing the mod right now as Japan and that freakin' Alexander just keeps harrasing me. I hate that guy. Anyway...

jollyroger3 said:
...the only doubt I've got is, that the tech seems for me just a bit too quickly achieved (I don't mean it's bad in any way, just speeds the game up a bit ;) )

Another thing is, that IMHO 40 turns for planting a forest is too long :rolleyes: What about reducing this time to 30 or 25 turns ?

Yeah...I'm finding the more I play the more I want the tech to slow down a bit as well. I was waiting to see what effect the 1.52 patch had, but it really hasn't slowed things as much as I'd like. I'll probably slow it all down in the next release.

As to the forest, yeah...40 turns is a long time. I might have to come down on that a bit, but I really wanted to make it hard to strip your empire of trees and then just replant the whole thing. With the plant time that long you still tend to want to keep your existing forest if it's at all possible, and plan to maybe replant one or two key spots later with a team of 3 or 4 workers (which brings the job down to 10-13 turns).

Mr. Zak said:
File "CvSevoEventManager", line 63, in onKbdEvent

NameError: global name 'theKey' is not defined

Hm. Wowsers. I'm trying to think, and I don't ever use the keyboard during a game. What do you know about that. No wonder I didn't know this. Let me look into it; I must have lost one of the globals along the way.

houdini said:
Excellent mod to combine, would be wonderful if you could incoporate some more civs,fro either super civ or next level mod, and also perhaps some of the buildings from Mylon mods & New Traits

Yeah...the civs. Still waiting on that one. I'm waiting for solid new traits and civs that include the language audio files...etc. I want to keep the standards high, and while there are some very good compilations right now, I'm still not sure we've seen the best we're going to get. I know this is important to people, though, so it's on the list.

keren said:
You owe me a night of sleep !

I installed your mod yesterday evening, and played until 4 am, which results in me being very tired at work today, and my wife being angry at me for getting to bed late...

However, there are some elements which don't work in my french version, like great people

Excellent...:devil: (also, I removed Great People...the idea was great, but the popups really did start to get old...maybe there's a better way to incorporate them. I'll think about it.)

Sevo said:
Excellent...:devil: (also, I removed Great People...the idea was great, but the popups really did start to get old...maybe there's a better way to incorporate them. I'll think about it.)
A bit off topic but how about this, instead of a pop-up, put all this info about the great people into the 'pedia, and when one is created, if it's possible, make the unit name a link to the 'pedia entry.

tnx sevo, i have tought that the problem is in global var. i just dont know where and how to declare it. if you want just tell me how to declare it.
i use almost more keyboard than mouse..shortcutes for almost anything, scroling...etc... but it is still a great mod...nice job

Sevo, you asked me this on the previous page, but apparently missed my reply. Here's your question, again:

Originally Posted by Sevo
Honestly, I didn't see how the feature fits into a game strategy. I've never really wanted to destroy a building. Why do you guys use this?

There are times when I'd like to build a national wonder in a city with plenty of shields, but I can't: the city has reached its quota. This would let me remove the wonder, at a considerable cost, and replace it.

Glinka said:
Sevo, you asked me this on the previous page, but apparently missed my reply. Here's your question, again:

Originally Posted by Sevo
Honestly, I didn't see how the feature fits into a game strategy. I've never really wanted to destroy a building. Why do you guys use this?

There are times when I'd like to build a national wonder in a city with plenty of shields, but I can't: the city has reached its quota. This would let me remove the wonder, at a considerable cost, and replace it.
The problem with this, as was pointed out on that MOD's thread, is that the AI will not know about, and hence won't use, the ability to destroy buildings - that gives players a somewhat unfair advantage.

I'm still hoping you can incorporate a few more mods (cross my fingers)

Beautiful new Era pictures by Frenchman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=139865

Low's completely Random map option:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143597

Diplomatic Victory Movie: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144347

Center wonder/era movie popups: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144323

The diplomacy victory movie might be a larger file than normal, but the other 3 would fit in quite nicely.

ghen said:
I'm still hoping you can incorporate a few more mods (cross my fingers)

Indeed. I already d/l'd the era pics. Problem is: I'm busy playing! I gotta finish up the current game (you know how it is once you start...)

But I'll be back at it. =)

Glinka said:

I saw this. I was still thinking about it. It's true that the AI will probably not use this feature, as they will not properly use the demolition units. *Shrug* There's a lot of good stuff out there, so I'll probably hold on this for now.

sevo--keep making the mods--ures are the best!

anyways--what happened to random events? I liked the olympics and fertile/drought--earthquake got annoying sometimes, but was still decent (maybe having it happen with a small comment instead of interupting with a pop up would be better)

Id like to see green mod;s extra resources incorporated. I like having alot of variety

Maybe an idea for the great people mod would be to just have a larger text in the left side with a small bit pic of the person. Like the earthquake--popups get annoying after awhile. (i guess thats more of an idea for the person that makes taht mod though..lol)

Anyways..keep up the good work!

ok, solved the problem for those using the keyboard
just change
if (theKey == int(InputTypes.KB_I)) and (self.bShift):
to
if (int(Key) == int(InputTypes.KB_I)) and (self.bShift):

in the ...sevomod/assets/python/CvSevoEventManager.py

and a new error:

tracebak (most recent call last):

File "CvSevoEventManager", line 84, in onEndGameTurn
File "CulturalDecay", line 50, in onEndGameTurn

ArgumentError, Python argument types in
CyPlot.changeCulture(CyPlot, int, int)
did not match C++ signature:
changeCulture(class CyPlot{lvalue}, int, int, bool)
it pops up on beggining of each turn. kinda annoying. different function declarations i sopouse but cant seem to find them...have fun

once again...great mod sevo..;p

I've tried to play Warlord, standard map size, 18 civs (max allowed), no barbz, city convert after conquest, permanent alliance, normal game speed an I MUST say the game is greatly balanced, even the date i appropriate to the tech tree :goodjob:

I'm still playing this game, but next will be with Noble difficulty :D

Sevo - is there any chance you will add Polish civ to your mod ? There is a mod "Poland" or so, I'll find it for you if you would be interested and very kindly ask you to add it to next Sevo's mod ;)

I'd really LOVE to see two modifications from Exaviers mod in yours:

1. A Tactical ICBM - it has 1 square range and can be loaded on Nuclear Submarine, it costst 250 Shields (available at the same time regular ICBM is)

2. A Nuclear Submarine - a ship created to carry and hide ICBM's from other players - for me important as a historical unit, which took a great part in cold war...

Could you consider addinth these 2 units ?

jollyroger3 said:
1. A Tactical ICBM - it has 1 square range and can be loaded on Nuclear Submarine, it costst 250 Shields (available at the same time regular ICBM is)

2. A Nuclear Submarine - a ship created to carry and hide ICBM's from other players - for me important as a historical unit, which took a great part in cold war...

Could you consider addinth these 2 units ?

I will look into the tactical nuke; didn't know anyone had created one yet. I wanted to add nuclear subs myself, so I'll put that on the (growing) list, too. :)

Mr. Zak said:
ok, solved the problem for those using the keyboard...
and a new error:
CyPlot.changeCulture(CyPlot, int, int)
did not match C++ signature:
once again...great mod sevo..;p

Zak--I'm giving you official recognition for debuggin' assistance in the next mod release! :D

And that error shows up in my log as well. In the 1.52 release Firaxis changed the cyPlot call and it broke cultural decay. The fix is easy.

I'll plan on integrating all these fixes and uploading the new patched mod tomorrow. I have a couple other goodies I'll throw in there as well. Also, I finally think I have a concept for what I want to do with the religions (as far as those of you requesting the religious units from Lost Units and so forth. It'll be fun...

are new civilizations even something that need merging with your pack? I would think they'd be completely seperate and work together seamlessly.

Hey Sevo if you want anything out my mod let me know and i will pull all the code out for you... I have yet to actually make my additions readable (exept being clumped at the bottom of the XML files)

My Tactical ICBM can still hit anywhere on the map as thats hard coded. but it only does damage to the targeted square, cheaper to build, and can be loaded onto my Nuclear Submarine :p

Was I the only one who really liked the GP mod? I loved the pop-ups coming up and showing me who was created, and a little background info on them. I always had trouble finding them, and the little text info at the start of the turn never grabbed my attention, so this little piece was lovely! If you are looking for a more practical way, is it possible to just have a little advisor pop-up window to come up and just say '(Name), a (Type) has been born in (City).' That would make it useful without the entire screen being taken up.

Hey SEvo, Great mod

A couple of things....F1 doesn't work to show the domestic advisor (nor the button on top). In the civlopedia, they are all shifted down a slot from wehre they should be. Also, kinda minor, but it doesn't show the combat odds anymore (94%), just the numbers (2.1 v 1.0).

Thanks!!

Nevermind, i was using an older version....D'oh!!!

Although i still don't get the odds....no biggie....Anyone know how to get em back??

A very nice mod. Just needs to be better civs out there for it. Not your fualt though.

Top Bottom