Futuristic Tanks Models - [Based on RW tanks]

C.Roland

FFH Art team member
I do some minor editing on Rabbit White's WH 4k tanks.

I want to thanks him, his model are so beautiful and they are easy to edit because it's all in differents part.

So I have to version, one with the original Rabbit's skin and the other skinned by me.

I use custom effect for those so if you want to use them you'll have to modify your CIV4EffectInfos XML.

For the first one is the original HellHound effect of Rabbit White's Tanks, so you have to add those lines :
<EffectInfo>
<Type>EFFECT_WEAPON_HELLHOUND</Type>
<Description>Hellhound Flamethrower</Description>
<fScale>6.0</fScale>
<fUpdateRate>0.4</fUpdateRate>
<Path>Art/Effects/fire_afterburn/fx_fire_afterburn.nif</Path>
<bIsProjectile>0</bIsProjectile>
</EffectInfo>
For the second you have to add those lines :
<EffectInfo>
<Type>EFFECT_WEAPON_HELLHOUNC</Type>
<Description>C.Cyborgt Flamethrower</Description>
<fScale>2.0</fScale>
<fUpdateRate>1.0</fUpdateRate>
<Path>Art/Interface/Effects/LaserHit.nif</Path>
<bIsProjectile>0</bIsProjectile>
</EffectInfo>

And of course tou can make your custom attack effect if you want, but on the screenshot is theese effect that are used.

I'll do others futuristics tanks and vehicules in the future, based on Rabbit White's stuff and some stuff by me too. Currently i'm working on a steal tank, but i have to do some FFH stuff do ;)

So here is it : The Rabbit's modified tank and the cyborg tank.

Attachments

• Cyborgtank.jpg
    Cyborgtank.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,726
  • Rabbittank.jpg
    Rabbittank.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,811
  • rabbittank.zip
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,115
  • cyborgtank.zip
    128.3 KB · Views: 696
These are awesome, Roland -- I'm looking forward to featuring both in our mod.

EDIT: I was mentioning that this was causing a CTD, but that's because there's no KFM in the file. I'll copy the one over from RW's original and see if that works.

woodelf said:
Normally you can leave the kfm from Civ4's original as well.
Not in this case, these have new animations :)

@Padmewan: Yeah copying the animations from my tanks should work, Roland probably didn't include them to save space.

Rabbit said:

@Padmewan: Yeah copying the animations from my tanks should work, Roland probably didn't include them to save space.

Thanks Rabbit. I had forgotten you had put in custom animations.

Rabbit said:

Well, I edited a bit with an hexadecimal editor the cyborg tank(the red one). I'll post the animation soon. (now i'm hurry i have to go)

The tanks look like the ones from Empire Earth (Oh yes I had lots of fun playing that) good job!!!!

Cyborg Tank ??
Considering the definition of Cyborg shouldn't this unit be renamed.

Dictionary.com = A human who has certain physiological processes aided or controlled by mechanical or electronic devices.

NT_Jedi said:
Cyborg Tank ??

Dictionary.com = A human who has certain physiological processes aided or controlled by mechanical or electronic devices.
Exactly, and this human just happens to have his "ass kicking" and "face bashing" processes aided by some 5 tons of mechanical armor and electronically guided missiles. :D

Rabbit said:
Exactly, and this human just happens to have his "ass kicking" and "face bashing" processes aided by some 5 tons of mechanical armor and electronically guided missiles. :D

:lol: we need more "processes"...

NT_Jedi said:
Cyborg Tank ??

Well, I didn't have any better name when i posted it and it's red like the cyborg that I did just before this tank and "Rabbit Tank" was already used so i called Cyborg tank, let say that the pilot is a cyborg :D

If someone want to add it in a mod he can rename it like he want.

ok c.roland,

this is where im at and what i need :)

i have the jetfighter bomb effect with the nuke effect nif attached below it. this makes the nuke effect travel down with the bomb however. it looks kinda lame.

what i've done is looked at EffectsInfos.xml and added EFFECT_JETFIGHTER_BOMB_EXPLOSION2 and referred it to the nuke blast effect.
but how do i link the bomb's nif file to this xml entry (now that i added the "2" to the end of it)?
how do i reference it there?
nifviewer?

Now that Garret has re-opened this thread...

Can the flame color be modded to look more like plasma?

ok c.roland,

this is where im at and what i need :)

i have the jetfighter bomb effect with the nuke effect nif attached below it. this makes the nuke effect travel down with the bomb however. it looks kinda lame.

what i've done is looked at EffectsInfos.xml and added EFFECT_JETFIGHTER_BOMB_EXPLOSION2 and referred it to the nuke blast effect.
but how do i link the bomb's nif file to this xml entry (now that i added the "2" to the end of it)?
how do i reference it there?
nifviewer?

When I did this unit I used an hexadecimal editor (in this case you can't create EFFECT_JETFIGHTER_BOMB_EXPLOSION2, you would have to create a new effect called this way : EFFECT_JETFIGHTER_BOMB_EXPLOSIO2 because you need to keep the same number of letters).

But I think you are not obligate to use an heaxadecimal and you can do it via Nifskope. I'll check this tommorow.

Now that Garret has re-opened this thread...

Can the flame color be modded to look more like plasma?

It can be recolored easily. If you want a new effect, it's possible but it's harder. You need to create a new effect in max (Blender can export correctly effects). If i'm right (sorry if I forgot someone) the only 2 members who created new effect are Chalid and RW(I think, i'm not sure).

i think i could make the tank a plasma tank, i would just have to:
1.find the texture file used for the effects, and
2.then take them out of the shared folder, and
3.edit them to have lighter color and saturation, with a blue tint and more alpha channel.
4. make sure that the textures load in the new location.

Top Bottom