[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

Okay folks, I will be uploading another beta test soon. This beta will have fully functioning ranged field bombardment, missiles (conventional and nuke) as well as combined arms stack attack.

Note however that I have disabled animations for stack attack at this point as it is the cause of the bug that allows defenders with strength ? to remain on the field. This is what is causing all the lockups everyone has experienced.

I am still working on that part as I think the animations really make this concept spectacular. Sorry about this but we will get there in the end. :)

Dale

Beta 2.9 uploaded. :)

See first post for details.

Dale

This is amazing. I can see this becoming a full time base component for the whole of Civ 4. Great work, and keep at it :)

Will next release be the first full release?

Coopa said:
This is amazing. I can see this becoming a full time base component for the whole of Civ 4. Great work, and keep at it :)

Will next release be the first full release?

:nono: No no no no no! Not at all. :)

The road is yet long....... but the promised land is at the end. :smoke:

Dale

Dale said:
- Units now require two extra flags in Civ4UnitInfos.xml for bombard ability (see below) Updated!
- Civ4UnitInfos.xml new flag: bDCMBombard (bool) indicates that this unit can bombard Updated!
- Civ4UnitInfos.xml new flag: bDCMBombRange (integar) indicates the range the unit can bombard New!

Why not just use one tag that defaults to 0 (or -1 if zero means a unit can bombard it's own square)?

Roger Bacon

Good question RogerBacon.

The answer is simple:
bDCMBombard is also used to place units on the third line in stack attack. You may want a unit there that does not have ranged bombard ability. A ballista is a good example of a unit I would put on the third line with catapults, but no ranged bombard ability.

Remember, this mod is to be open to allow other mod makers to use in their mods. :)

Dale

wow this mod works great I downloaded it last night and tested it :coffee: so far no crashes or any problems :goodjob: so I'm now going to bed happy knowing i now have missiles :satan: thanks Dale :salute: :cheers::thumbsup:

:thanx:
:sniper:

Ps i also added M.A.D. Nukes Mod v0.1.1 By: TheLopez as it was just python i just droped it in the DCM\assets folder ;) I like the nuke that destroys a city & units in it:satan:

The Great Apple said:
Very very off topic, but why is the sniper shooting the guy saying thank you?

EDIT: Actually he's aiming a bit low. Still looks dangerous.

lol it reminds me of the fair :mischief:;) :lol:

crappy Shi*t wont work.... parse error xml files
this forum is full of "wannabe" modders - only release ****

DigitalD creates his own hell, I can tell. :shake:

DigitalD:

Delete all your "crappy shi*t" from custom assets.

DigitalD said:
crappy Shi*t wont work.... parse error xml files
this forum is full of "wannabe" modders - only release ****

Add your own stuff wrong and this is what you get..... I've managed to use dales civ4unitinfos.xml and my own custom assets civ4unitinfos.xml with all my units in all i needed to do was add the extra tab's Dale done on the units and this mod works just fine. I even dropped another mod in with it and its great. Dale is doing a brill job and is still working on it he has my full support This mod will rock when finished and i'm willing to bet it'll be better than warlords when done

I would like to see you do C++ modding on your own and do this much for the game.... If you have nothing helpfull to say then keep it shut!! what does the D stand for in you name? is it Dunce?

Dale keep it up mate :goodjob:

Sorry if i seam cranky but i haven't had much sleep was up all night a today playing the mod ;) and I can't stand people slating a mod that someone has put alot of hard work into FOR FREE :mad: :mad: [pissed] :ar15:

Dale quick question do you think this mod will be ok with warlords? or will you have alot more work to do to get it to work? I have heard WARLORDS will have a patch inc in it for the vanilla game

This mod will not be compatible with Warlords.

Can't really say too much more than that though. :)

Dale

Dale said:
This mod will not be compatible with Warlords.

Can't really say too much more than that though. :)

Dale

That sounds like you're privelege to particular information....

I'm sure it'd be possible to adapt it to Warlords however.

But truelly, it's only a guess. Think about it. Warlords modifys combat by adding great generals and warlords. I would also assume that base combat will be changed as it's one of the most complained about components of Civ4. Firaxis would be silly to not look at how the base combat works. I have nothing in this mod to accomodate those units or methods. Therefore, I'm sure it won't be compatible with Warlords. :)

Dale

Dale said:
... Therefore, I'm sure it won't be compatible with Warlords. :)
... until you mod your mod so it IS, of course. :D

Miracles just take a little longer.

Top Bottom