[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

how do you install this mod.....i keep getting a 11.8 kb file. please help, i have been waiting for this mod to be released.

bramage said:
how do you install this mod.....i keep getting a 11.8 kb file. please help, i have been waiting for this mod to be released.

mod is already released...it has about 61MB installer file..maybe clear cache in your browser (or select another server from list)

there is only one option to download and it is still coming up as a 11.8kb file, even though it says on the webpage its a 61mb file. please help, i deleted all my files from the cache folder and still nothing. do i put the setup.exe(11.8kb) in that file and then double-click????

bramage said:
there is only one option to download and it is still coming up as a 11.8kb file, even though it says on the webpage its a 61mb file. please help, i deleted all my files from the cache folder and still nothing. do i put the setup.exe(11.8kb) in that file and then double-click????

no

how you download this: right-click and save-as ?
i yes..you must click on filename, you will be forwarded to SourceForge download page , where you can select from more servers (if default one is not working..)

Edit:
(right now i tested this right-click and save-as file and it is really 11.8 kb ;-) - so i think this is your problem

Mexico said:
ok, i will test this again
meanwhile, download this registry patch (is zipped because of restrictions)
just unzip and dubleclick on this file - this set correct info

When I doubleclick on that file, it says that it cannot import the file, because it is not a registry script....

vegard said:
When I doubleclick on that file, it says that it cannot import the file, because it is not a registry script....

oh sorry..my mistake..i was uploaded wrong file
here is good:

Attachments

• civ4-registry-1.61-patch.zip
    312 bytes · Views: 455
ruffriders23 said:
I am using the Chineese, and when I have a unit in a city, one of the options (in the fortify/sentenal/go to menu) is a tile that looks like a baton being handed off. It is just to the right of the "Explore" button.

this is part of mercenary mod..you can contract-out your own unit (when is in city) as mercenary - this unit is removed from your force, and is avaliable for hire as mercenary in other nation (alo for you) - money which civ pay for this merc is added to your account

bramage said:
Download from another source, it happen to me too, change the FTP server at the download link.

Hi, thought I'd take the trouble of making an account just for saying how great I think this mod is. And to add some feedback

Good points:
about everything. My first impression was a settler *with a cart* standing on plains with a new look, and different looking warrios alongside them. and after finally being able to let my eyes go of them, you notice all the tiny useful changes in the interface. I mean, this isn't a mod, its a completely new game :p really, great job on about every level.

Just some negative points I tought I'd point out:
one bug (?) I've come across is the fact that, to be specific, french galleys continually managed to cross a tiny sliver of ocean square.. guess this isn't as it should be. :p
another thing is the sound for the new religion (forgot its name, sorry ;) ).. well it's pretty much annoying the heck out of me. Too long, and a li'l too loud. Might want to cut its length a little?

But apart from those 2 things.. well what new can I say :p it's just a f***** great mod. thumbs up, and my respect

@Isca and Geebo - you don't have to remove the empty folder but if you have anything in there you would want to remove it as it "could" cause conflicts with the changes we have made in the Mod as they would overwrite the same file that we have. As for Blue Marble we have that implemented in the mod so no worries there mate!! :)

@Toys - we haven't done any pedia work but if you are volunteering we love to have ya!! :D

@ibcoltscrew - what you are experiencing is NOT a bug but is a aspect of the stack aid promotions. It is NOT recommended to have more than 15 units in a stack. You can have more but it gives penalties in moving and negates some of those stack aid promotions.

@Pisces - ain't it great? The AI will do some pretty Player like moves. Get ya when ya down and gang up on ya too.

Thanks to everyone else for the Nice comments

I must have missed something... All of a sudden I have a slave revolt attacking my city! Dang, you have to be on your toes here. I must have missed that in the read me file.

i really like the mercenary mod, and the religion mod is really "cool",

it was weird seeing the whole "x" holy city moved or something like that..:D

i actually built hypastists, interesting...:lol:

the religion songs for zoratrism, cant spell, surprised me....:goodjob:

not too much mention some superb buttons

maybe for the next patch you can add the wonder video for great wall, and maybe include that temple, which there is also a wonder video....and maybe add the eagle warrior, it would replace spearmen...

no sleep for me tonight:(

I didnt read at 1st and I wonder if I boobooed? I started the Earth map 1st! Will this rune stuff? You said NOT TO use the Earth map 1st! Also what are all those extra symbols on the USER INTERFACE? The tiny box ones across the center of the screen?

ty

A quick question - I've been playing around with mercenary mod ini settings.

Before release, I've found some settings that seem more appealing to me already on pre-release subversions (promotion chance 10 - come on! mercs are not supposed to be that powerful; hiring at capital also seems more realistic to me), but now, with 2.0, I'm finding that no settings are read from ini - though the file is there, all settings in actual game are default (I even screwed myself when I was hiring a merc troop to cover my capital). Has anyone experienced anything similar?

P.S. A suggestion - promotion chance looks at all available promotions for a unit. Original merc mod was made for vanilla promotion availability. Your mod more than doubles this number (not only by adding new promotions, but also by making every older one available to almost every unit, if I understand correctly). That's why in your mod all mercenaries are ridiculuosly overpowered - some 15-20 level guys versus 1-5 level in original mod component (see the screens in the thread of origin) with the same ini settings. I suggest you tone those down somewhat.

vegard said:
This is just great:

The Total Realism 2.0 mod is finally here, and just to make things even better, when I try to install it I just recieve this message: "This mod require Civ 4 patch version 1.61".

I do have the 1.61 patch installed, but I still can't install the mod!:eek: :cry:

Does anyone know what I should do to be able to install the mod?

same trouble.
1.61 patch was installed via separated download.

What sense has promotion "Defense I" ? It give +5% defense, at the same time promotion "Combat I" give us +10% strength (defense and offense). I mean "Defense" must be +15% defense.

Ok, I've download and installed the mod.

It work very well (with the civ4_registry1.61 patch). But only with the realism earth map.
In fact, when I launch the game with the "Civ IV Total realism Earth Map" icon, all is good. But if I launch with the "Civ IV Total Realim" icon, I've a crash when I launch the game, during "INIT XML (Uncached)".

Is it possible to play the game with both "Total realism" and "KREarth_217x119_v1.2" (for example) ? Is it the problem ?

NB : I've the french version of CIV IV

Thanks for help ;)

Top Bottom