[BTS] MarnzMod

it seems that th problem is caused by patch 3.13 because problems with other mods like Rhyes And Fall of Civs... :lol:

Keep working Firaxis !

EDIT 13h37

I cant load my savegame Marnz 1.6b of BTS 3.13

Game load, crash to desktop just before viewving my world map where is my sweety empire...

I will join my save

Attachments

• BismarckMarnz1.6b.CivBeyondSwordSave
    212.5 KB · Views: 77
I cant load my savegame Marnz 1.6b of BTS 3.13

Game load, crash to desktop just before viewving my world map where is my sweety empire...
Is this save from 1.6a, and you cant load after patching, or is save from 1.6b and just doesn't load? Did you try an earlier autosave?

Is this save from 1.6a, and you cant load after patching, or is save from 1.6b and just doesn't load? Did you try an earlier autosave?

I installed 1.6 then 1.6a then 1.6b by overwriting :goodjob:

Hey "my Lord"! :p This is easy (reduces the cost of tech)! Even me can do this! HeHe! And im very very very dumb! HaHa! Im sure that you can do too! I ll teach you:

Just open "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\MarnzMod\Assets\XML\Technologies" (this is the custom folder...) and then open the XML file (civ4techinfos.xml) with the notepad (you must click with the right button and choose "open with"... notepad). Now, look for the "cost" of each technology, like this:

<Type>TECH_MYSTICISM</Type>
... lot of stuff about the tech
<iCost>50</iCost>

Ready. Just change the number (50) for the new cost that you want. I sugest you rize 100% the ancient, medieval, renacence, and then rize just 50 % the rest.

Actually, a much easier and more flexible way to do this:

In your BtS folder find Assets/XML/GameInfo/Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml

copy this file to the Mods/MarnzMod/Assets/XML/GameInfo directory.

When you open this file, each speed has a section that looks like this:

<iGrowthPercent>300</iGrowthPercent>
<iTrainPercent>200</iTrainPercent>
<iConstructPercent>300</iConstructPercent>
<iCreatePercent>300</iCreatePercent>
<iResearchPercent>300</iResearchPercent>
<iBuildPercent>300</iBuildPercent>
<iImprovementPercent>300</iImprovementPercent>
<iGreatPeoplePercent>300</iGreatPeoplePercent>
<iCulturePercent>300</iCulturePercent>

The above settings are default for Marathon games in BtS w/o a mod.

Generally too slow for me, I usually play Epic with research kicked up to 300. You can get some pretty extended periods of financial depression if you aren't careful, but you get time to build and use whole armies of units for each era

np, just glad to be able to answer someones question :p

Used to play Total Realism on warlords, then RoM (Industrial Age CtD /shakefist) on BtS, downloaded your mod last week, Love it so far, just like it better sloooowed down a bit.

Nothing worse than building your first heavy swordsman just as musketmen become available :(

Actually, a much easier and more flexible way to do this:

In your BtS folder find Assets/XML/GameInfo/Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml

copy this file to the Mods/MarnzMod/Assets/XML/GameInfo directory.

When you open this file, each speed has a section that looks like this:

<iGrowthPercent>300</iGrowthPercent>
<iTrainPercent>200</iTrainPercent>
<iConstructPercent>300</iConstructPercent>
<iCreatePercent>300</iCreatePercent>
<iResearchPercent>300</iResearchPercent>
<iBuildPercent>300</iBuildPercent>
<iImprovementPercent>300</iImprovementPercent>
<iGreatPeoplePercent>300</iGreatPeoplePercent>
<iCulturePercent>300</iCulturePercent>

The above settings are default for Marathon games in BtS w/o a mod.

Generally too slow for me, I usually play Epic with research kicked up to 300. You can get some pretty extended periods of financial depression if you aren't careful, but you get time to build and use whole armies of units for each era

A very easy way, for sure! I like it! ;)

Thanks for this new "lesson"! However, i still prefer mine way, once that the future techs have a good cost, i think. I usually double the cost of the early techs and raze just 50% the later ones! ;)

I can send mine .xml of techs, if u want guys. Just tell me. I already done all the dirty work, anyway! HeHe! :)

See you!

Vini

Yes, having more units makes it worse. Does everyone agree with 50% increase in research?:)

I almost made custom speed to slow culture grow cause of all the wonders and stuff, but added a new culture level instead.

Yes. Agree! ;)

New subject:

I was thinking... Maybe we would use the resources in a new way. Like clay. Clay was and IS very important to civil construction. I ll change my .xml files to have clay, for exemple, like a prerequisite to build some buildings (granary...), stone i ll make prerequisite to walls. There are so many possibilities...

Everthing in the world needs or iron (steel) and glass, or bricks. Bricks need clay! steel needs iron. Glass needs sand! Would be amazing if we could build a bricker, for exemple, to produce bricks and then we could build the other buildings... Same for glass and steel! Could be resources like the "single hits" or "movies". a building would produce them, and you just can build this building with that specific resource... ;)

Just an idea... What do you think about?!

See you later

Yes. Agree! ;)

New subject:

I was thinking... Maybe we would use the resources in a new way. Like clay. Clay was and IS very important to civil construction. I ll change my .xml files to have clay, for exemple, like a prerequisite to build some buildings (granary...), stone i ll make prerequisite to walls. There are so many possibilities...

Everthing in the world needs or iron (steel) and glass, or bricks. Bricks need clay! steel needs iron. Glass needs sand! Would be amazing if we could build a bricker, for exemple, to produce bricks and then we could build the other buildings... Same for glass and steel! Could be resources like the "single hits" or "movies". a building would produce them, and you just can build this building with that specific resource... ;)

Just an idea... What do you think about?!

See you later

Interesting.:) If you make clay more important, you'll also have to make it more abundant. As for a building making resources, already did that. See rubber factory.

Interesting.:) If you make clay more important, you'll also have to make it more abundant. As for a building making resources, already did that. See rubber factory.

Yep. Im designing my own map! :p

ahmmm.. good! I didnt know about this factory. I want to ask something, btw: Why the Gas Power doesnt need gas natural to build? I think this could be a good improvement to ur mod. Same to Nuclear Plant and uranium... Coal Plant and coal.

Tomorrow i expect send to you that save with the bug about the national wonders... ;)

Guys! a much more easy way to increase/reduce the tech cost! I just found this tool in the forum... Take a look:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140264

Bye!

Vini

A very easy way, for sure! I like it! ;)

Thanks for this new "lesson"! However, i still prefer mine way, once that the future techs have a good cost, i think. I usually double the cost of the early techs and raze just 50% the later ones! ;)

I can send mine .xml of techs, if u want guys. Just tell me. I already done all the dirty work, anyway! HeHe! :)

See you!

Vini

True enough...

Very Nice Tech Cost Editor

in playing and tinkering though, I notice that increasing only the research can have some unexpected effects.

Cities grow too quickly and become unhealthy without the techs to accomodate them, and city/unit maintenance becomes staggering without adjusting the inflation rate to compensate for not having the commerce increasing techs/buildings.

Its difficult to come up with a happy medium, but I suspect that game speed is the best way to adjust the pace of techs/growth.

Hi Bmarnz

Just wanted to say thanks for your exellent mod. Spent a some hours yesterday combining it with my own tweaks and now it works fine (took me some hours of frustration starting up with Julius Caesar before I noiticed 1.6c was up) - I'm especially thrilled about the second UU's! :goodjob:

Would you consider making second UB's? :p

\Skodkim

Hi Bmarnz

Just wanted to say thanks for your exellent mod. Spent a some hours yesterday combining it with my own tweaks and now it works fine (took me some hours of frustration starting up with Julius Caesar before I noiticed 1.6c was up) - I'm especially thrilled about the second UU's! :goodjob:

Would you consider making second UB's? :p

\Skodkim

I'm glad you like the mod.:D As for 2nd UB's, I'll consider it. Takes a lot of research to get ideas for each civ and find appropriate artwork on forums. Another route (an idea I've seen floating around forums) would be to make a unique national wonder for each civ. To start that, I could cannablize some of the new wonders in the mod and convert them to unique national wonders. What do you guys think? Any ideas (or preference) for unique buildings/national wonders? :scan:

Cities grow too quickly and become unhealthy without the techs to accomodate them, and city/unit maintenance becomes staggering without adjusting the inflation rate to compensate for not having the commerce increasing techs/buildings.

Its difficult to come up with a happy medium, but I suspect that game speed is the best way to adjust the pace of techs/growth.

I see you could adjust growth rate with the research rate, but I don't see where to adjust inflation.:crazyeye:

I see you could adjust growth rate with the research rate, but I don't see where to adjust inflation.:crazyeye:

It's a little lower, looks like this:

<iInflationPercent>10</iInflationPercent>
<iInflationOffset>-270</iInflationOffset>

Now what, exactly, these numbers mean, I'm not sure.. I am guessing a percentage of some inbuilt total and either a number of turns to wait until it starts accruing, or some threshold before applying maybe...

The above example is Marathon, as the game speed gets quicker the percent rises and the offset falls, probably to compensate for the falling number of turns.

Quick Settings look like this:

<iInflationPercent>45</iInflationPercent>
<iInflationOffset>-60</iInflationOffset>

EDIT
ach, need to adjust the turns too, never gonna have time to reach the modern era if research is slow but the years keep flying by at a normal pace...
Had to abandon a game wherein it was the eleventh century and us poor civs were just discovering calendar and currency...

That adds another pain in the assets, mucking about with the Month Increment and Turns per increment. Is there some kind of limit or guidelines to how these are supposed to add up?

Is it zero sum? Or can you vastly increase/decrease the number of turns and/or the upper limits of time (6500 AD?)

If you want, I'll spend some time experimenting with different set ups and let you know what I find.

ach, need to adjust the turns too, never gonna have time to reach the modern era if research is slow but the years keep flying by at a normal pace...
Had to abandon a game wherein it was the eleventh century and us poor civs were just discovering calendar and currency...

That's why I want to finish a game before making changes. Gives me an idea of when game ends so that I can my adjustments accordingly. I appreciate the feedback and play testing.:D

Top Bottom