[BtS] World of Civilization - New Modular Loading Standard

Any timeframe for a 1.00 release?

We ran into a problem that Firaxis was/is having a hard time solving...mainly a time/availability thing....

V.91 is coming once this problem is resolved with a work-around on our part and that should be VERY close to the final v1.00 release. I want to make sure we have documentation available before the release....but the Core and some Modules will be available before it is "official".

I have to appologize for this taking much longer than it should have....but trying to fix a lot of flaws in the Firaxis system without having the full and open code is not easy....and having only one main, full-time coder has doubled/tripled the time I originally thought as I expected better support from the CFC Community.

Ok... good to know. Thanks for the hard work.

I am getting ready to test SVN 1487, but a few things should be fixed now and I am hoping it is ready for a v.91 release....once I get back home this weekend.

Version 0.91 is available as a single Installer now.

http://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/worldofciv/Installer/WoC-v_91-setup.exe

Please remember that any modder can take away the Modules and just have the WoC Core to base their own mod upon....but for beta testing I have put the Modules and Core together in one installer. It is also recommended to use the available Modules in your own mod....that is the whole point for the modder, keep it simple, quick, easy.

AWESOME! Downloading and installing now!!! My favorite mod by FAR.

AWESOME! Downloading and installing now!!! My favorite mod by FAR.

A ton of stuff has changed and been added with this version. We are adding a system to handle dependencies and then we will be VERY close to a full v1.00 release....mainly missing documentation for the modder right now.

So we'll HAVE to have the WoC core inside of our mod, in order to get any modules inside of it to work? That seems to be the case, I made a simple mod just for testing, put the Blue Marble Terrain and custom UI in the modules, enabled modular loading and neither will work without the WoC core.

Greetings TAfirehawk and friends in this forum. I have been a silent supporter of Sevomod, Visa mod etc. You guys are simply GREAT for devoting your time and energy to come out with something the community can enjoy. I just want to show my deepest appreciation and thanks for the hard work that has gone into it. To all the modders out there, Great job !!!!

So we'll HAVE to have the WoC core inside of our mod, in order to get any modules inside of it to work? That seems to be the case, I made a simple mod just for testing, put the Blue Marble Terrain and custom UI in the modules, enabled modular loading and neither will work without the WoC core.

I don't understand your request....how can you use the WoC without using the WoC? I guess I am really lost here....this is a New Modular Loading Standard that replaces the CCCP/Firaxis version.

Greetings TAfirehawk and friends in this forum. I have been a silent supporter of Sevomod, Visa mod etc. You guys are simply GREAT for devoting your time and energy to come out with something the community can enjoy. I just want to show my deepest appreciation and thanks for the hard work that has gone into it. To all the modders out there, Great job !!!!

Thank you for the support :D

No changelog? No need to have all but some changes?

Well this is revision 1542 on the SVN....so a change log at this point would be MILES long....wait for V1.00 and revisions after that will be detailed when the changes are smaller....this is beta....

Please find the installer (yes with option to change install location :) ) here:

http://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/worldofciv/Installer/WoC-v_92-setup.exe

We now have "modular" python meaning we have different selectrable screens via XML....which means once the Front End Program is running then the process will be automated through a GUI and not manually manipulating files.

The folder structure and schema files are pretty well set in stone as well.

The main item keeping us from releasing this as V1.00 is the documentation for the modder. We are making a wiki site for the WoC and will open it up for V1.00. This provides a better means to communicate the fine details of the WoC Standard.

I must be confused as well. I thought that the "modules" could be used stand alone or with other mods... as they are right now, none of your "modules" will work by themselves or with other mods, without the woc dll or other core stuff. I didn't think the "modules" were considered core.

ps. What I was exactly trying to do is use the blue marble module. I figured it out on my own already. To truly make this modular, all you have to do is put the textures in the correct folders inside a module, and enable modular loading. No xml is needed whatsoever.

I must be confused as well. I thought that the "modules" could be used stand alone or with other mods... as they are right now, none of your "modules" will work by themselves or with other mods, without the woc dll or other core stuff. I didn't think the "modules" were considered core.

ps. What I was exactly trying to do is use the blue marble module. I figured it out on my own already. To truly make this modular, all you have to do is put the textures in the correct folders inside a module, and enable modular loading. No xml is needed whatsoever.

What is there to be confused about? The WoC is NOT a mod but a fix to the Modular XML Loading standard that Firaxis totally screwed up. This is just what Firaxis should have released with BtS....so yes the WoC Core is required just like BtS v3.13 is required.

BTW, doing that to Blue Marble or any other module is NOT really modular. If you just want to use Blue Marble, then just install it in Custom Assets as it does already directly from the Blue Marble installer.

Please find the installer (yes with option to change install location :) ) here:

http://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/worldofciv/Installer/WoC-v_92-setup.exe

We now have "modular" python meaning we have different selectrable screens via XML....which means once the Front End Program is running then the process will be automated through a GUI and not manually manipulating files.

The folder structure and schema files are pretty well set in stone as well.

The main item keeping us from releasing this as V1.00 is the documentation for the modder. We are making a wiki site for the WoC and will open it up for V1.00. This provides a better means to communicate the fine details of the WoC Standard.

I just want to say you are making a great job! I'm checking v0.92 now and wait for the documentation. Thank you! :goodjob:

Thanks avain. As most people know here, documentation is always the last thing :) but in the WoC it is really the key.

Thanks avain. As most people know here, documentation is always the last thing :) but in the WoC it is really the key.

Well, in this case the documentation will be up-to-date, so it's not necessarily a bad thing!;)

Why was this thread rated 3 stars? I can't understand some people. Ok, with my 5 now it's (only) 4. Shame, really.

Keep up the great work!

Well, in this case the documentation will be up-to-date, so it's not necessarily a bad thing!;)

Why was this thread rated 3 stars? I can't understand some people. Ok, with my 5 now it's (only) 4. Shame, really.

Keep up the great work!

I know exactly what your saying there are three people(or same person different screenname) that go around here on CFC and give people 1 star all the time, just for kicks, its a da_n shame.:mad: At a bare minimum nobody should get below a 3 star (just for trying).

Top Bottom