RevolutionDCM for BTS

I hate to say it but this mod is no longer fun.....

It is STUPENDOUS FUN!!! A combination of intrigue and mayhem on a massive scale. The game is too good now. It has become ridiculous....

Dale has definetly improved his mod again, and it is more stable including stack attacks (still a report of a CTD but better so far it seems). Do a large modern era stack attack, sit back and enjoy the mayhem :D. If you don't end up with a smile on your face you better go see a shrink.... ;)

Of course, Jdog and Dom Pedro have done a simply superb job yet again. Revolutions is an indispensible realism addon to civ, extremely clever, beautifully coded and stable.

Three cheers for the big brains of modding!

I found it, nevermind

My idea of current perfection would be to combine RevolutionDCM
with Chiyu's fabulous Extra 3.13i MOD
Anyone have any luck? I've been using winmerge, have a little programming experience but can't get a working copy, yet, and would love a working copy.
I'd settle with a good merge with JKP1187's NOT JUST ANOTHER NEXTWAR MOD.
It would be great if some of you guys would team up. Thank you for all you guys do!

I have a strange bug - no interface while playing the new version. It looks the same like when I pressed the "H", but I don't press anything.

Did you by chance try to replace the dll with one of Dale's DLLs that allows more civs? If you do this (I also tried) then the game loads but you get no interface. I had to get rid of Dale's higher DLL and get back the revolutionDCM dll.

I hope that helps.

I'd like to share my first game with the updated Mod. Holy @#$%! I started on a Large Terra Map with Raging Barbs and Aggressive AI on Prince level and chose Brennus. Oh, and I purposefully reduced the total civ count to 10, hoping to see some minor civs etc...

The Barbs are rediculous! Thank God I built the Great Wall!

It's only about 300 AD or so, I expanded like crazy, and started getting revolution warnings when I got to around 6 cities under Despotism. Slavery is a big kicker in the Revolution warning, fyi, so avoid as long as possible. First, the rebels wanted Budica, then they wanted Napolean, and when I rejected them this time, I had 4 cities revolt! Napolean's Archers showed up around those cities, and it was all I could do just to hold them off.

Napolean at one point had 3 of my cities! 3! Which left me with 4 cities, and two of them were locked in a struggle to hold off Napolean's Archers. Archers are very strong in DCM by the way.

I had to switch to Slavery to pump out some military units just to keep from being over run! Slowly but surely, I was able to build a small army of Archers, Axemen, and a couple Horse Archers, and as my State Religion is Christianity...I set about doing God's work restoring and reuniting my people. :evil:

The revolution or civil war lasted for nearly 400 years of game time! However, I did eventually conquer the French upstarts and am now rebuilding my infrastructure and trying to get to Monarchy ASAP so I can switch out of Despotism.

Elsewhere in the World, Charlemagne has risen as the leader of a Minor Civ, there are two civs in the New World, and the Egyptians must have had a revolt, but with only the one city, they were taken out by the Revolutionary forces of the Ethiopians.

What a mess :evil:

Let me tell you that on Prince, the RevolutionDCM mod plays like Emperor.

Very nice challenge indeed!

I just have unpacked the contents of new zip in a new folder. That's weird...

Try unpacking it in your desktop, then cut the folder, then past it into your BTS/Mods directory, see if that works.

It's not working.
The main problem is that I don't even get the "aiautoplay on; barbarianciv on; ..." popup window. Thus I don't have a "dawn of man" window and such. Everything is at its place.
I reverted back to the 0_31 and it's fine.
There should be something about versions compatibility broken. I have a pure english BTS 3.13 with no additional patches applied.

It's not working.
The main problem is that I don't even get the "aiautoplay on; barbarianciv on; ..." popup window. Thus I don't have a "dawn of man" window and such. Everything is at its place.
I reverted back to the 0_31 and it's fine.
There should be something about versions compatibility broken. I have a pure english BTS 3.13 with no additional patches applied.

Very weird...I have BTS 3.13 also. I deleted the previous version of revolutionsDCM prior to install of new version of the Mod...did you do that also?

For sure, many times ). I tried it in different ways...
P.S. Civfusion which merges DCM 1.3 and Revolutions 1.4 along with other things has the same problem for me... Must be something with merging the latest versions of the DCM and Revolutions...

P.S. I've found it... Revolutions 1.4 mod ruins the pathfinding of the game and it cannot be played in russian Windows.

I'd like to share my first game with the updated Mod. Holy @#$%! I started on a Large Terra Map with Raging Barbs and Aggressive AI on Prince level and chose Brennus.

Nice combination of settings for a suitably chaotic game well done! Raging barbs is particularly nasty in some situations but "aggressive ai" doesn't necessarily mean total war. My game it just means "grumpy uncooperative and standoffs". Cool.
Cheers.

:rolleyes: DCM 1.5 seems to have some critical bugs. Be carefull!

Yeah I'd be interested to know what the worst of them are. I'm assuming that stack attack can cause CTD's, that archer bombardment might be unbalancing and that some of the bomber missions are unbalancing too. However these are just assumptions.

At least you can turn options off. That's cool. Even having ranged bombardment or battle effects is worth it.

Cheers.

For sure, many times ). I tried it in different ways...
P.S. Civfusion which merges DCM 1.3 and Revolutions 1.4 along with other things has the same problem for me... Must be something with merging the latest versions of the DCM and Revolutions...

P.S. I've found it... Revolutions 1.4 mod ruins the pathfinding of the game and it cannot be played in russian Windows.

That seems like a good find Deon. Could you pass that onto the bugs forum of Revolutions?

The order of debugging merges is that if it crashes on load or during the game it's most likely the DLL. If the interface is missing but the game loads thats most likely Python. If you are technologically inclined you could enable Python logs and debugging to find the source of Python related bugs that can occur in a mod.

Cheers.

I have 2 python exceptions on start, they were not in the prev. version of your mod so I think they are the problem. Also I get the same exception errors with the clean Revolutions 1.4. I've posted this in the rev. bug thread and I hope it can e fixed... You know, it's hard to fix something that runs smoothly on your machine. Because I don't want to lose this part of civ4 :(.

Archers are a tad strong, but if they weren't then Barbarians aren't something you fear. Also, it makes you consider researching Archery, and finally, Archers were strong units throughout history. Name one major battle where they weren't featured in history (prior to knights and gunpowder)?

I haven't experienced the bombing mission yet, as I start new games allot, because the beginning is the most fun for me up through the middle ages.

Bombers can't kill units outright (is this still correct?) but they do allot of "shock" as well as "real" damage. Can you imagine hunkering down in your trenches, getting carpet bombed for a few hours prior to a massive land assault??? If you survive, odds are that many in your group wont or if they do, then they could be seriously injured or mentally too shocked to mount much of a defensive effort. Artillery (ever since the days of Archery) and then later Bombardment (Catapults, Cannons, Bombers...) have been pinnacle force multipliers in every major land engagement. You could tweak Archer damage from bombardment perhaps and you could reduce "accuracy" but I wouldn't remove it, nor would I weaken them much than they are now.

Raging Barbs with DCM is a bit much though, and without the Great Wall, your empire can be under allot of pressure, especially if you play on a map that you setup to load up the barbs in hopes of seeing new civs spring up from the ashes.

To me, inducing chaos is what this mod is all about. Glider1 is right about Aggressive AI making the AI less amenable to you, and not necessarily a stronger military opponent, especially on the higher game difficulty settings. However, Raging Barbarians is a serious challenge increase on a large map that is sparcely populated.

I just started a game this morning as Alexander with a large map, low water level on Continents with only 10 AI preset. This way, technically, the starting continent should be even more sparcely populated. I'm on Monarch and in Normal speed, at around 1650BC or so, I only have two cities, am working on the Great Wall, and have killed 3 Barbarian Archers already. There are no civs to the North of my start...and there's allot of land up there on my continent...should be fertile ground I think...for chaos!

This mod really does bring some excitement back to the game. I hope Deon's issue does get sorted out. Hopefully, Revolutions will come out with a fix.

To merge with Varietas Delectat I did this and it worked.

- DL'd VD3.6 and created a separate folder for it in mods
- modified RevDCM.ini to have modular loading set to 1
- copied the fpk files in VD/assets and put it in the matching RevDCM/Assets
- copied the VD/assets/modules folder and put in the corresponging RevDCM/assets/ folder
- then I merged the attached text files. I have created a zip of the ones I merged or copied over from VD3.6 - started a game and looks like no problem. The part I was concerned about was that I copied the formations over but not VD's unit.xml but I'm not sure what the changes were, but the game started normally and I played a few turns. If we run into problems we'll have to do merging of these two files - probably adding dale's new xml tags to the vd unit.xml.

@EKmek

Two files do actually need to be merged rather than copied over from VD to RevolutionDCM. The unitInfos.xml and artdefines_unit.xml. I merged both files. You may like to include them in the zipped xml folder for others to use.

Top Bottom