[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

gj man, your RoM mod is just GREAT, and your work is superb!

also looking forward for Kalimakhus adding the RevolutionDCM to this :D hehehe why don't you do it yourself Zappara?!

Hello Zappara,

Congratulations for the greatest modpack ever!!!!!!!
I fixed my Vista BtS, I’m playing with China at Gigantic map and Epic speed, 32 civs, running smoothly with the memsaver option turned on. Thank you for help me too.

I have some suggestions to Rise of Mankind 3.0 (please develop it….):

- I think military production should be much more faster, and connected with the food available. More soldiers mean more food necessary to maintain the army at road.

- There should be one way to mix more deeply the military units, making the interface of a battle between two gigantic armies more agile, and enhancing the war strategy.

- The units’ movement should be far quicker. Like I said, I’m playing at gigantic map and epic speed. My travel to the new world through the ocean lasted more than 50 years. If I have to move my army south to north of my empire, it takes 10 years. I suppose that effect would be mitigated if I play in marathon speed, but even so I think it would be unrealistic. The difficulty of the game should rest in the discovery of technologies and creation of units. Once the player has achieved these goals, the moving of the units shouldn’t be an obstacle.

- A brazilian Civ (hehehe)

- The Warlords expansion has Great General, the Beyond the Sword expansion has Great Spy, and the Rise of Mankind expansion (yes, for me it’s an expansion, not just a mod) has Great… My idea here is Great Revolutionary, a Great Person who would cause the civics to change more dramatically, or more easily, or temporarily. In the latter option, for example, a civilization at Medieval Era could be beneficiated by the possibility of Free Speech for 30 or 50 turns.

- Certain units should have a limit of turns necessary to build them. A simple building, like a butchery, if it’s necessary 180 hammers (I don’t know if it’s right), in a island new city, takes 180 turns to build. A limit of turns should be available, like 20 or 30 turns.

Forum’s guys, stress these ideas out.

Hugs,

Konrad

gj man, your RoM mod is just GREAT, and your work is superb!

also looking forward for Kalimakhus adding the RevolutionDCM to this :D hehehe why don't you do it yourself Zappara?!
I can't do SDK modding - I'm not really programmer and I don't have software for that kind of job. So I have to leave that part for others.. ;)

Zappara,

one more question. I was wandering in the Customized Civs threads, and i'm interested in play with the mod CIVGold 4.0. Is there a way to combine the civs i found there to RoM2? If not, is there a way to add other custom civs to RoM2?

Konrad

Zappara,

one more question. I was wandering in the Customized Civs threads, and i'm interested in play with the mod CIVGold 4.0. Is there a way to combine the civs i found there to RoM2? If not, is there a way to add other custom civs to RoM2?

Konrad
Just added answer to your question to my Frequently Asked Questions section. :D The answer is no, not without modifying CivGold or modular civs to match the changes made in Rise of Mankind. I'm working on extra Civ addon pack but it will take some time to convert civs for RoM. Currently I have 28 converted.

I loved RoM 1. It was simply beautiful. Probably the best mod I've ever played (and I'm an old Civ fan).
I'm sure you know there's a lot of us out there who appreciate your effort.
Can't wait to see RoM 2. Downloading it now :)

Kudos man. Keep up the good work.

would it be possible to make strategic resource to limit the number of units which requires that resource? For example, 1 ammunition supports 10 tanks or something. Later in the game these resources becomes abundant but yet AI civs treat them as strategic resource and buy at high prices. i hope it gets fixed somehow.

Congratulations for the greatest modpack ever!!!!!!!I fixed my Vista BtS, I’m playing with China at Gigantic map and Epic speed, 32 civs, running smoothly with the memsaver option turned on. Thank you for help me too.
I can't run it on those settings.. would choke my computer to death. I'm glad that some have fast enough computer to run the mod on highest settings. :D

- I think military production should be much more faster, and connected with the food available. More soldiers mean more food necessary to maintain the army at road.

- There should be one way to mix more deeply the military units, making the interface of a battle between two gigantic armies more agile, and enhancing the war strategy.

- The units’ movement should be far quicker. Like I said, I’m playing at gigantic map and epic speed. My travel to the new world through the ocean lasted more than 50 years. If I have to move my army south to north of my empire, it takes 10 years. I suppose that effect would be mitigated if I play in marathon speed, but even so I think it would be unrealistic. The difficulty of the game should rest in the discovery of technologies and creation of units. Once the player has achieved these goals, the moving of the units shouldn’t be an obstacle.
On huge maps moving units for war does get pretty slow. My tacti is usually to build faster units far from enemy borders and slower units near the border to compensate the speed those units have. Hurrying with slavery/gold is must too in early game. With ships I try to get Navigation I promotion as soon as possible as it adds one extra movement.

About the food supply - I think that on wars those armies usually took what they could find from the areas they conquered. On modern day armies provide most supplies themselves (logistics) but on ancient times it might have been different - sure they probably had some food with them but for example Alexander The Great who was years on his conquest trip must have taken supplies from areas he was at that time. I usually reach 1 turn military turn amount on major cities when building armies, just need to have some buildings built first. ;)

Anyway, I'll put movement rates to my list of things that can be considered for small future changes.

- A brazilian Civ (hehehe)
Haven't found one yet in modular format. There was one in database before but now when try to download it just get message "error, file not found".

- Certain units should have a limit of turns necessary to build them. A simple building, like a butchery, if it’s necessary 180 hammers (I don’t know if it’s right), in a island new city, takes 180 turns to build. A limit of turns should be available, like 20 or 30 turns.
I guess this happens on gigantic map with marathon speed, the multipliers from those make building times quite long. I just use gold and hurry buildings in new cities if I can. Usually get workers there too and build mines + food production and hurry Lighthouse if it's coastal city so that I get the city size up fast.

would it be possible to make strategic resource to limit the number of units which requires that resource? For example, 1 ammunition supports 10 tanks or something. Later in the game these resources becomes abundant but yet AI civs treat them as strategic resource and buy at high prices. i hope it gets fixed somehow.
There's Quantitative Resources-mod in the works but I haven't read that thread yet so I'm not sure how it will be done and how easy it would be to combine such effects to RoM. I saw in BtS:Next War some coding for quantitative resources but again haven't really looked into it how it was done. Another possibility could be to make buildings that use up resources, though not sure what kind of building would "eat up" ammunition :lol:

The idea with these resources was to enhance trade as not all civs have access to sulphur/coal/iron/oil but they could buy the products made out of them to have access to units/buildings that require those products. They do get abundant in late game. I might try enhancing resources little bit more in future but can't give now any promises that the system would change.. I just might cripple AI players totally with my experiments.. :D

I have a problem when I activate this mod. I also have this problem with version 1.0... (tested) The problem is that my 'Hud' disappears ingame and that i can't do anything besided clicking on my first units and use keyboard inputs. Did i something wrong? PS: i have no other mods installed and updated tot the latest 3.13

Hi There,

First of all, I'm very excited about trying this out ... Unfortunately for me I'll have to wait some more as the version I just downloaded (may 1st) is not working properly with my French version of the game (I'm using v3.13).

First, as said in the read-me file the user interface (before starting the game) doesn't show any text ...
Second, in-game numbers seem to be visible, but any kind of text is still invisible ... in any kind of menu. So in the governement menu, I see the pictures but no text ...

Was this was clear enough ? :confused:

I hope it's a quick fix, as I'm very eager to try the mod !

Cheers,

Niko

Mod works perfectly, playing the Earth 28 civs and turns take about 3-5 secs, so far no bug, no CTD just awesomeness !!

Thanks a LOT ! Perfect mod !

Just a question tho; why do you recommend playing at Marathon speed ?

PS: masternic just switch to english version. Thats what I did once I started playing with mods, btw do you prefer the french voiceover ? I know I do.

EDIT: one small bug, some religion icons dont appear beside the leader names in the score tab. The one that show up are confucian & amon ra.

BTW: I still dont understand why incense and fur have no tradeing value !?

I have a problem when I activate this mod. I also have this problem with version 1.0... (tested) The problem is that my 'Hud' disappears ingame and that i can't do anything besided clicking on my first units and use keyboard inputs. Did i something wrong? PS: i have no other mods installed and updated tot the latest 3.13
Are you playing on Civ 4 Complete Edition? Or on Windows Vista? Using non-english OS? Those are few common issues which have caused missing UI button issue. I thought I had finally fixed it for RoM 2.0 but seems the bug still manages to surface. If you could provide some more information on what kind computer you're running the game it might help to solve this problem. This same problem has appeared in other mods as well which have used CvPath.py python file (required for configurable options).

Hi There,

First of all, I'm very excited about trying this out ... Unfortunately for me I'll have to wait some more as the version I just downloaded (may 1st) is not working properly with my French version of the game (I'm using v3.13).

First, as said in the read-me file the user interface (before starting the game) doesn't show any text ...
Second, in-game numbers seem to be visible, but any kind of text is still invisible ... in any kind of menu. So in the governement menu, I see the pictures but no text ...
Try changing your Civ game language to English - it should be somewhere on the options page. This mod has only English version available.

Just a question tho; why do you recommend playing at Marathon speed ?

EDIT: one small bug, some religion icons dont appear beside the leader names in the score tab. The one that show up are confucian & amon ra.

Marathon speed was the speed option for which I designed this mod (I like long games). It does of course work on faster speeds but you might find it difficult to reach the end of future era on faster speeds.

Religion icon bug is on known issues list - I know about it before I released this version. I've tried to edit game font files several times to get rid of that bug but haven't succeeded in that. I will try again and when I get them finally fixed, I'll include them in patch. For now you'll just have to ignore this bug - religion icons should be shown correctly everywhere else in the game.

I don't know exactly how AI values certain resources (besides resource type: luxury, strategy etc.) so it's bit difficult to find good balance for resources. I'll be going through all resources some time in near future so I'll try to figure it out then.

I really like this mod. I had to start over, because I started in the modern era and I was immediatly confused after a hundred turns.

Resources are cool too, added variety and just about everything was cool.

I just have two small suggestions, advantages to civilizations with more of a resource than others, and something like a changable trait for a leader. Like, the leader would have one trait they'll always have and their second trait would change depending on play style.

All in all, epic mod and perfect, even without the suggestions. 5/5

masternic just switch to english version. Thats what I did once I started playing with mods, btw do you prefer the french voiceover ? I know I do.

Hello Guys,

I was afraid I'd have to re-install the game ... to have it in english (I didn't know you could toggle that in the options)

I tried it in english and no surprises, the mod works :king:

--> Thx

@HiroHito: I haven't tried it yet with the english voiceover ... I'll let you know once I do :p

Hello Zappara,

.................... playing with China at Gigantic map and Epic speed, 32 civs, running smoothly with the memsaver option turned on......
Konrad

What's the 'memsaver option' and how do I access it please ??

It sounds like an answer to some prayers..!

Thanks

@Pilotis

In Beyond the Sword folder there's file Civ4Config, open it and find lines:

; Allows some memory savings *** ALT-TAB WILL NO LONGER FUNCTION ***
MemSaver = 0

Set that to 1. I think it needs Fullscreen mode to be on too.

@keldath

The DLL I've included is from Lt. Bob's [BtS]40 civs-allows colonies AND 34 civs. You can get sources from that thread. Everything else is done in python and I've tried to mark them with # Rise of Mankind -lines. As you see, RoM doesn't add any huge SDK changes ;)

Top Bottom