Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

zappara

Mod Designer
Please post bug reports and feedback from v2.7 to this thread.

About bug reporting:

1. If you find bug in the mod try to describe it in detail when you post about it. This helps me to locate it more accurately and faster.
2. About missing UI problem: Please post what Windows type and language version you are using. Also tell which one you are using, Beyond the Sword or complete Edition.
3. CTDs ie. Crashs To Desktop, try to provide as much information as possible what happened just before it occurred. Even better if you can upload save game file so I can take a look at it. If you are experiencing CTDs in late game, try reducing graphic settings, BtS is known to have crashes when saved games get big and when there's lots of stuff in late game - most common reason for CTD is that Civ 4 can't find enough free memory.
4. Some Civ4 Map scripts can not make maps for Giant or Gigantic map sizes.

BtS log files

To speed up finding possible causes for bugs, you can enable logging in BtS and attach zipped log files in this thread when you post about your findings.

To enable logging go to BtS folder and open Civ4Config. Check following options to these settings:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Now when you start game, it logs everything to log files. When you exit the game, go to BtS folder, there should be Civ4logs, go there. Zip the log files in that folder and attach the zip file in your post so I can take a look at those files.

Known issues list:

Gamefonts display wrong icons next to city text in mainscreen
Events with more than 3 choices are not working properly (known RevDCM issue)
Multiplayer mode might not work correctly (reported issue with RevDCM 2.5)
Pre-made maps have not been updated yet to v2.7 resource changes ie. new resources are missing from the maps.
Pre-made scenarios need tech adjustments due to new techtree

Download v2.7 ;)

I spent yesterday 14 hours to get this patch ready... now I could sleep few days :crazyeye:

I hope there isn't any major issues left, other than the stuff that I left out because I didn't have time to merge python / add graphics for some things.

Enjoy the mod and report here if you see any oddities. I just started my first game with this version so I don't know yet how balanced everything is. Anyway there will be v2.71 patch at some point which adds some more stuff (mostly to future era but other things as well ;)).

i could not unzip the mod, both 7zip and windows failed

7zip test of the file comes back with "is not supported archive"

:eek:

re-downloaded it and got same message (win xp)

buddy with vista got corrupt error zip messages

Same here, The archive seems corrupted. That's what happens when you get your hopes up.

Same here, The archive seems corrupted. That's what happens when you get your hopes up.

the news is that within a day or two zap will have it all worked out... pieman11 will chop you up to pieces so watch for forum trolls... :crazyeye:

What if Zappara is trolling us by deliberately uploading a corrupted archive, I bet he's even wickedly laughing right now!:crazyeye:

What if Zappara is trolling us by deliberately uploading a corrupted archive, I bet he's even wickedly laughing right now!:crazyeye:

it looks like Zappara has gotten into the Finnish Party scene and has gotten laid... [party]

oh, such is the sadness of me waiting for the 3.19 scheisse blast to get corrected... :deadhorse:

Zap between lager gulps :beer: is doing his best!

My download is corrupt too. Winrar will open it, but about 10 of the files are listed as "corrupted."

Read page 15 of the "RoM Latest Version " thread and find out how to work around the issue until zap can upload a new file tomorrow.

at least it still works after downloading the 2mb of fixes in the corruption. A cell Phone modem, don't those have monthly bandwidth limits of 5gb? That's harsh.

A cell Phone modem, don't those have monthly bandwidth limits of 5gb? That's harsh.

Yeah, and it doesnt make it better that I'm on a very small island in the bay of Thailand. Sometimes the main generator goes down and there's no electricity/connectivity. :cry:
Thought it was my download only that was corrupted, so I was quite pleased to see others had the same problem.

at least it still works after downloading the 2mb of fixes in the corruption.

I took the missing files from 2.7test2 but there was still some missing files (mind_storage.dds, nanite_lab.dds, orbital_hotel.dds and quantum_lab.dds)
I don't think those files (+ alot of other missing files I took from 2.7test2) are in the 2mb fix.

There is still a small problem with the gamefont (see picture)
I uploaded a gamefont.tga that might work.

Sollution : Magic Wand tooled (1 tolerance) the pink color in the primary (rgb) channel. Switched channel to alpha channel and background color to black. Hit [Del]. The Selection for the pink borders will now be 100% black on alpha channel, removing any "invisible" pixel errors.
Works for me so far.

Another small bug : the 3rd woodsman promotion is still bugged. The unit doesnt get the attacking bonus when attacking to forrest (can be a battlefield feature blocking it)

There is still a small problem with the gamefont (see picture)

Another small bug : the 3rd woodsman promotion is still bugged. The unit doesnt get the attacking bonus when attacking to forrest (can be a battlefield feature blocking it)

it's the battlefield that blocks it, I've gotten this too =p It works just fine on regular forests. And I haven't tested it yet, but I imagine it might happen to all other terrain attacking promotions on battlefields.

So, if a city is in turmoil, not the red unhappy face is shown, but the health icon...
...strange.

And if a city is in revolution, it shows the power (lightening) symbol.

yeah. The gamefont.tga file is definately the hardest part to mod, because if 1% of a pixel hits the invisible border in the alpha channel, everything will change place. It is nearly impossible to locate the source of the problem as even with a 40'' HD monitor (not that I have one) looking at the file in 2000% zoom, the one pixel that is 99,9% black will look 100% black (impossible for the human eye to see the difference.) I hope the workaround that I put works. Otherwise let me know.

Top Bottom