Community Civ V [CCV]

Hi Thomas, had to check my version of CCV B4 I mentioned this, It is vers 4.35. I noticed when
you start a game in either Play Scenario, or Custom Scenario, specifically the "Rhys Earth 50 Civs-Egypt, Sumeria, India, China" that Sumeria doesn't show up as a choice when picking the civilization you want to play, only China, Egypt, and India.
I assume the problem is in Rhys's Mod. I also noted that when new Civs arise later in the game, it doesn't give you the option to take control of that Civ, as in earlier versions. I was just wondering if anyone has contacted him about this?

Sumeria has been removed like Holy Rome in CCV! Sumeria appears as an early version of Babylon in CCV if you are playing with Dynamic Nations. And that's the reason why it is missing.

@keldath

There is one more modification in CvUnit!

PHP:
bool CvUnit::canEnterTerritory(TeamTypes eTeam, bool bIgnoreRightOfPassage) const
{
	// Thomas SG - Gameplay
	if (isAnimal())
	{
		return true;
	}

}

I dislike civ5 as well, and find your project very interesting. Downloading ASAP, i'll give you feedback as soon as i play!

For some reason I cannot install this mod it is giving me this error (see screenshot) UAC is off and I have tried downloading multiple times and from different links/hosters that are posted.:confused:

*edit* oh I forgot to say it is the v4.36A Setup.exe

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 164
I'm trying the install, clicking ignore for that file - i think its mainly to do with a certain map/scenario. Hopefully the mod will run as long as i dont try to open that particular map...we'll see.

The name and path is too long. Ignore the error. And please don't forget to update the DLL. That solves some other problems. And please check the bug threads in the CCV forum. We are hunting a CTD at the moment. Maybe you got some good hints.

Just wondering what are some good system specs to have so i can play this mod because i have.
Dual core AMD64 2.1GHz = 4.2GHz
2GB of RAM
Nvidia 9500GT Video Card
Windows Vista Home Premium

Just wondering what are some good system specs to have so i can play this mod because i have.
2GB of RAM
Nvidia 9500GT Video Card
Windows Vista Home Premium

Meh. You comp will play this mod like a beast... though it will take several mintues per turn to play the latter turns.

For some reason I cannot install this mod it is giving me this error (see screenshot) UAC is off and I have tried downloading multiple times and from different links/hosters that are posted.:confused:

*edit* oh I forgot to say it is the v4.36A Setup.exe

I got those errors too, i was able to fix them by changing the mods directory from read only, and taking control of the directory.

In general, when one has multiple cores, the clock speeds are not added. Civ4, if i recall is not set up to take advantage of multiple cores anyway.

Meh. You comp will play this mod like a beast... though it will take several mintues per turn to play the latter turns.

:( I know. But I don't know why. Maybe somebody else like to have a look at the code. I can't find the reason for the CTD and I don't know what makes CCV in the later game so slowly at the moment.

And that's the reason why I'm building version 5 in old tradition again from scratch. And version 5 will no more be build upon RevDCM. I'll try to get rid of as many as possible Python stuff. And a lot of current stuff will no more be optional in the next version. I know you like that. But I got several reasons for this decision. CCV ver. 5 will be more like a new game and not like a mod or third addon. It's my last build upon Civ IV. It's my version of the ultimate Civilization. But that will take some time. And from my point of view I got a lot of time for it. Because if I should really move to Civ V I'll never do it before the first addon. And not before I see a chance to get rid of the damn 1 UPT rule. But before I start dreaming of a CCVI I got a lot of work to do.

Oh, and because I was asked. The code is now public because I'm now allowed to release it, there are problems I can't solve myself and I hope for some help furthermore I've started working on the version 5 code. ;)

:( I know. But I don't know why. Maybe somebody else like to have a look at the code. I can't find the reason for the CTD and I don't know what makes CCV in the later game so slowly at the moment.

And that's the reason why I'm building version 5 in old tradition again from scratch. And version 5 will no more be build upon RevDCM. I'll try to get rid of as many as possible Python stuff. And a lot of current stuff will no more be optional in the next version. I know you like that. But I got several reasons for this decision. CCV ver. 5 will be more like a new game and not like a mod or third addon. It's my last build upon Civ IV. It's my version of the ultimate Civilization. But that will take some time. And from my point of view I got a lot of time for it. Because if I should really move to Civ V I'll never do it before the first addon. And not before I see a chance to get rid of the damn 1 UPT rule. But before I start dreaming of a CCVI I got a lot of work to do.

Oh, and because I was asked. The code is now public because I'm now allowed to release it, there are problems I can't solve myself and I hope for some help furthermore I've started working on the version 5 code. ;)

I like this!

I don't mind things will not be optional, i usually play with all enabled. And rebuilding not upon RevDCM means you can finally make global warming mod v1.11 to work properly!

I like this!

I don't mind things will not be optional, i usually play with all enabled. And rebuilding not upon RevDCM means you can finally make global warming mod v1.11 to work properly!

I could. But I've got my own Global Warming mod. :p

I could. But I've got my own Global Warming mod. :p

Same. The important thing is that it 1) works 2) is not like vanilla but more dynamic and realistic (in reality its not a global warming but a climate change)

*my interest in this subject is justified by the fact i'm an environmental science university student :D

PS: oh and the rising seas thing (along with dynamic ice cap) would also be interesting!

I still have v4.29H downloaded in my computer. It doesn't have the extra resources (making the mod more dynamic), but it's a hell of a lot faster than v4.36. Now, personally, I still prefer the updated v4.36, but the 5-20 minute wait in the years 1850 and above is ridiculous. So I'm torn between going back to v4.35, knowing there's a far better version out there, or biting my lip and bearing with the 20 mintues/turn wait.

And I'm playing Standard (M) map with Normal speed, in case you're wondering.
My computer is a Intel E2200 with dual 2.2ghz and 4gb of ram.

It also occurs when I'm playing with my self-built overclocked Intel i7 core with quad 3ghz and 16gb of ram.

I still have v4.29H downloaded in my computer. It doesn't have the extra resources (making the mod more dynamic), but it's a hell of a lot faster than v4.36. Now, personally, I still prefer the updated v4.36, but the 5-20 minute wait in the years 1850 and above is ridiculous. So I'm torn between going back to v4.35, knowing there's a far better version out there, or biting my lip and bearing with the 20 mintues/turn wait.

And I'm playing Standard (M) map with Normal speed, in case you're wondering.
My computer is a Intel E2200 with dual 2.2ghz and 4gb of ram.

It also occurs when I'm playing with my self-built overclocked Intel i7 core with quad 3ghz and 16gb of ram.

So bad? OMG. :eek: Have you got a 4.38 save with such a massive delay? Would be interesting to see the difference to my last build. Can somebody please compare the turntimes of 4.38 and 4.38A? The new DLL is attached to this post.

Attachments

• CCV 4.38A_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 229
So bad? OMG. :eek: Have you got a 4.38 save with such a massive delay? Would be interesting to see the difference to my last build. Can somebody please compare the turntimes of 4.38 and 4.38A? The new DLL is attached to this post.
A test from my current game, 1844-1846 normal speed, medium size map (i think)
4.36C
6:30

4.38A
1:45

It looks much improved.

On another note, on two separate occasions, rebel Cavalry retreated, after losing a battle with my rifles, into two of my cities, forcing my troops out and capturing them. And in the process getting a half dozen or so free troops in the city. Is this behavior intended?

On yet another note, if you are going to build the next version anew, how about creating some separation between resources that are found on the map and those that are produced from buildings? Instead of resources, call them trade goods or something, might reduce the learning curve somewhat.

Top Bottom