Realism Invictus

Playing it as England in the World Map. Very nice mod overall. Luckly my PC can handle it.

hey guys

finally got the chance to take a look at the mod, and as a lot of other mods, there is the icon problem. it doesnt take long to fix, and when everything looks to have such a nice finish, its a shame that the graphics doesnt follow. It was the first thing to look at and a lot of the icons doesnt have border/alphachannels/have mipmaps or just not nice icons, plus a lot of the units seem very similar, but have been unique'fied.

I bet the first (icons) will take less than an hour to fix, and it would make the mod look much more "pro"

cheers
vincentz

just a couple of examples of what I meant :

hey guys

finally got the chance to take a look at the mod, and as a lot of other mods, there is the icon problem. it doesnt take long to fix, and when everything looks to have such a nice finish, its a shame that the graphics doesnt follow. It was the first thing to look at and a lot of the icons doesnt have border/alphachannels/have mipmaps or just not nice icons, plus a lot of the units seem very similar, but have been unique'fied.

I bet the first (icons) will take less than an hour to fix, and it would make the mod look much more "pro"

cheers
vincentz

just a couple of examples of what I meant :

Hm, I am aware of the issue and generally try to avoid this kind of stuff (this comes from including mipmaps in the button dds files). Unfortunately, when it appears, I don't see it, because I normally play on high graphics settings (and the issue doesn't exist there). I will browse through the buttons and fix all the issues I encounter.

In my games combat is not zoomed (no combat zoom is not selected). How can i fix this?

HI Walter!

First i want to congraz u for nices mod in while.

In my bad fortune i have to tell that this good game is ruined becouse of crashing.
Can u tell me why it crashes? (its not win 32)

specs:

win 7 64
q9550
8gig 1333 ram
4870x2

all drivers up to date

SO im playing really gib earth game (scenario) and every tunr in quite slow. It all went good until i get to reneisance era and started my world conquer. I had like 20 cities with scandinavians by taking down barbarians and polish. AFter one point i saved my game but every time it crashes in same turn. And i cant get over that.

WIn

Widows prob reporter says

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d56ed28
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0003429c
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1035
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

its c0000094 every time

Its not overheating eighter becouse my temp are all under 50c

Task manager says that civ uses 1 500 000 kb memory while in game..so its guite big usage, but my 8gig should handle that.

any suggestions?

im used to it..thanks to civ 5 madness :D

keep up good work and keep me informed about this issue

Just out of curiosity. What influences the most performance in those enormous maps with many civs?

My computer has a Phenom II X6 1075T with 3,75gb DDR3 1333 (i'm using on-board video for now because my off board video card it burned.). I'll be buying a new video card anyway. But aside from that what would have most effect on the performance of Civ4 in those enormous games if upgraded? The RAM or the processor?

BTW, i'm using Windows 7 64bits.

That depends a lot; I think Civ4 is not multicore-friendly, so if it is CPU you'll be upgrading, number of cores will not significantly affect speed, while performance per core surely will. As for RAM, I am not sure increasing it past 4 Gb will give Civ4 any performance boost - even at its worst, it doesn't really allocate more than 2 Gb RAM for itself.

When I first heard that this game was similar to the warlords version of Total Realism, I got to try this out since I like Total Realism, got to say that it's somewhat feels like Total Realism and a small bit of the pandemic system from the Total War mod. Some of the old sounds from the old version was transferred here, and I wish there was more religions in the game to make this game seem more realistic since this mod want to go for realism.

I like the graphics, it's different and almost remind me of the FFH until I see the green trees and how detailed some of the graphics are, so these graphics are new to me, and I like it.

The AI is finally somewhat of a challenge as even if I cheat, the AI build like 5 cities in a few turns and also having border culture battles between each other, in most mods I usually win cause of all the wonders and buildings I've got to combat one's other culture, however in this mod I tend to lose most of my border's due to how early in the game that I don't get much buildings with culture.

I found one minor bug is that the organized religion civic "can build missionaries without building a Monastery" does not really work, as I was playing as the Celtic Empire as Brennus, and converted to Hindu that I just founded on my empire, and switched to Organized religion, and I still can't build Guru's even if I don't have the monastery.

I found one minor bug is that the organized religion civic "can build missionaries without building a Monastery" does not really work, as I was playing as the Celtic Empire as Brennus, and converted to Hindu that I just founded on my empire, and switched to Organized religion, and I still can't build Guru's even if I don't have the monastery.

The fact that you can build missionaries without monasteries under Organized Religion (and yes, you can) does NOT mean that there aren't any other prerequisites you have to meet. In this particular case I bet you don't have the required tech to build hindu missionaries.

The fact that you can build missionaries without monasteries under Organized Religion (and yes, you can) does NOT mean that there aren't any other prerequisites you have to meet. In this particular case I bet you don't have the required tech to build hindu missionaries.

It still say that I can't build the Guru without a hindu Mantir, However I've already researched Ritual and built the wonder that enabled all religions and changed my civic towards free religion. Although I still wish I could build churches and religious buildings under the Free Religion, instead of not. As that is not realism as the truth is that even in today's world we still build churches under free religion.

I miss that combat zoom in multiplayer but if it can prevent oos or any other bugs ill live with it :) anyway this piece is best non-fantasy mod i ever played on civ 4. Big thanks!

It still say that I can't build the Guru without a hindu Mantir, However I've already researched Ritual and built the wonder that enabled all religions and changed my civic towards free religion. Although I still wish I could build churches and religious buildings under the Free Religion, instead of not. As that is not realism as the truth is that even in today's world we still build churches under free religion.

Nope, it is not realistic. Free religion means that the church is separated from the state, and thus the state does not build any churches of any religion. Happiness and culture bonus from Free Religion could basically imply that religious communities freely construct their own temples, without you - the state - providing them any aid by diverting production of your cities towards it. Basically, Free Religion civic boils down to all religions in any given city having a free temple...

And Guru is not the Hindu missionary - Hindu missionary is Swami. Guru is Hindu special unit, and it requires a cathedral.

Nope, it is not realistic. Free religion means that the church is separated from the state, and thus the state does not build any churches of any religion. Happiness and culture bonus from Free Religion could basically imply that religious communities freely construct their own temples, without you - the state - providing them any aid by diverting production of your cities towards it. Basically, Free Religion civic boils down to all religions in any given city having a free temple...

And Guru is not the Hindu missionary - Hindu missionary is Swami. Guru is Hindu special unit, and it requires a cathedral.

Ah... now if only there was another system to where the people will randomly build certain buildings that the state cannot built. Even if i am the state, I can't build the temple anymore, but the people can and I wish there was messages and city improvements for the people can build randomly.

Top Bottom