New trade routes screen

M07

Prince
Hello,

This post is about the new trade routes system in DoaNE that will be available from the DoaNE v4.00.

Now, we are able to create a trade route between two colonies or one coastal colony and Europe.
For one trade route, you will be able to add one or several resources with for each of them some options (See screenshots)
After that, you will be able to affect one trade route to a group of ships or wagon trains, we also some personal options.

If you did a trade route between one of your colony and Europe, you will be able to :
- Ask to automatically buy some resources in Europe
- Ask to immigrants you chose in Europe to automatically embark in one of your fleets and disembark in your colony.

Believe me, I tried those two features and I can assure you will gain a lot of time :).

Attachments

• TradeRoutesList.jpg
    TradeRoutesList.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 342
  • TradeRoutesDetail.jpg
    TradeRoutesDetail.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 369
  • TradeRoutesConvoys.jpg
    TradeRoutesConvoys.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 332
  • TradeRoutesSeaway.jpg
    TradeRoutesSeaway.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 389
when you will release the new version ...or at least the new trade routes ?
The version will be on-line in 2 or 3 weeks and these options will be included.

Well done!

However, we still have to make more clicks than necessary. I would like to be able to set a default destination for new colonists, so I don't have to make two extra clicks for each of them. Alternatively, the game could ask me upon hiring, where the colonist should go. Similarly, buying goods in Europe in the trade route menu requires too many clicks. Could you make it so that my ships always buy enough goods in Europe to replenish the target city's stores to a particular level? Lastly, the renewing of contracts takes too many clicks as well. When doing so, the game shouldn't ask me to select a target city again. After all, if I really have to, I can do it in the contracts menu. Also, why offer me shorter contracts? Longer is virtually always better. Why not offer me different payment methods instead?

Example:

"Your contract with the natives of Hiwase village over 60 Furs in exchange for 30 Tools has ended. The natives have offered you several new contracts to take its place."
  1. Agree to trade 60 Furs for 35 Tools with an expiration time of 20 Turns.
  2. Agree to trade 90 Furs for 50 Tools with an expiration time of 30 Turns.
  3. Agree to trade 90 Furs for 45 Trade Goods with an expiration time of 30 Turns.
  4. Agree to trade 90 Furs for 40 Horses with an expiration time of 30 Turns.
  5. Maybe later.

Hello Zholef,
Thank you for your comment, it is very interesting.
Alternatively, the game could ask me upon hiring, where the colonist should go.
I prefer this idea because with the previous one, we can have an issue. If we forgot to assign our colonist in another city. The colonist will automatically leave Europe in a wrong direction.
Could you make it so that my ships always buy enough goods in Europe to replenish the target city's stores to a particular level ?
Really good idea. We have something similar for cities but we forgot it for Europe.
When doing so, the game shouldn't ask me to select a target city again. After all, if I really have to, I can do it in the contracts menu. Also, why offer me shorter contracts? Longer is virtually always better. Why not offer me different payment methods instead?
We really like those ideas too.

Well done. Those changes should be in the next version of DoaNE. ;)

Top Bottom