[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

Anguish and frustration update. :mad:

Alas, my friends, the Better BAT AI merge is not going well. I've spent a few evenings with it, and the mod plays fine, but every time a female missionary is built, the game crashes. It has something to do with the "Unit Kill" function used to destroy the original male missionary graphic and replace it with a female substitute. As soon as that method is called in Python - poof! :(

I'm therefore moving to the SDK, to see if I can find a way to fix this once and for all, the way that I wanted to in the beginning, which is to simply call the proper art tag in the first place.

Grrr! Never make an Irish woman angry. Now it's a personal vendetta with me. :trouble:

Are you going to tie it up with your golden lariat, and make it tell the truth? :)

Replacing a unit with python doesn't sound very elegant but I still have no idea how this would not work. Similary clueless am I when it comes to art, I don't even know if the dll handles art at all, so I'm as useless as ever.
It was a very kludgy way of going it, unfortunately. At the time, I wasn't quite up on the whole SDK business.

I'm still just a dumb ol' girl when it comes to C++, but I think I've figured out some of it.

If only it were as easy as buying shoes.

Scratch that, I'd have 47 C++ compilers. :lol:

Better BAT AI !!

All right kiddies, the long awaited Better BAT AI merge is complete. My friend Gurn is beta testing it for me, (objectively, I hope), and then it's release time if he doesn't break anything. :mischief:

I should be able to package it up on the weekend. :)

Better BAT AI !!

All right kiddies, the long awaited Better BAT AI merge is complete. My friend Gurn is beta testing it for me, (objectively, I hope), and then it's release time if he doesn't break anything. :mischief:

I should be able to package it up on the weekend. :)

Sweet!!

@ Lemon Merchant : I couldn't get the 7z file to extract for some reason. :confused: I have the 7z file manager (downloaded via 7z.org link to sourceforge). It said that the archive could not be open. I think the 7z file downloaded okay since it is 210 MB on my hard drive. No worries though...hopefully I will be one of the first ones to download the installer when you release it. :D

@ Lemon Merchant : I couldn't get the 7z file to extract for some reason. :confused: I have the 7z file manager (downloaded via 7z.org link to sourceforge). It said that the archive could not be open. I think the 7z file downloaded okay since it is 210 MB on my hard drive. No worries though...hopefully I will be one of the first ones to download the installer when you release it. :D
Oh nuts. I just can't release anything without making a mess. :blush:

It's the same for me, but my original is fine. Sourceforge must have done something weird to the file. I made it a 7z file because the compression is better, and it takes less time for the file to upload/download..

I'll make a zip archive and upload it this evening. Sorry for the confusion.

Just wondering if there's still a demand for additional civ packs? I haven't modded in a good year or so, but I feel like starting again. I could easily update the old NA Expanded mod. ^_^
Oh yes, a big demand. :)

Nurse Cratchett!? :crazyeye: Did someone have a bad day at work? (one of the best movies ever)

Nurse Cratchett!? :crazyeye: Did someone have a bad day at work? (one of the best movies ever)
Oh, you just ask some of my patients when they misbehave. :)

And truthfully, I am every bit as evil as Nurse Ratched, when it's necessary. And sometimes it is, unfortunately. ;)

what's the status of these extra civs? And will they work with better bat ai?
Still progressing, and there are more on the way. I haven't had a chance to test them with BBATAI yet, but they should work.

The Natives pack is now available for BAT 3.0.1. Simply install into the Modules folder and it should work out of the box. I'll make an installer to simplify installation at some point, but this should work as-is for now. It also includes a small patch for MovieMod which removes unnecessary building definitions.

Top Bottom