Better BAT AI

@LM - Doesn't the BBATAI installer have the code you merged? And if not - can you publish it to save any merge problems? You've already done this work...
Ok. You're right. It would save some people some work. I'll zip it up and put it on SF today.

Thank you so much LemonMerchant! Hopefully people can use this to make all games better!

AFAIK Better BUG AI is BUG (has no DLL) + Better AI (has a DLL). It may include BULL but I honestly don't recall. If it does, there's no need to merge BULL into it. If it doesn't, you'll need to do a three-way merge which can be tricky if you don't know C++. There will be places that both DLLs have modified from the original source, and you'll need to rewrite those sections.

Of course it includes BULL, that is the whole point behind Better BUG AI. Better AI + only BUG is a merge everyone can do in about 10 seconds.
Which is why I really have no clue what was left to merge, to my knowlegde all of BULL as of revision 219 is there, and 220 just added UP 1.6 which I had included months before.

I'll have to look into that.

edit
: couldn't find any differences ..

Of course it includes BULL, that is the whole point behind Better BUG AI. Better AI + only BUG is a merge everyone can do in about 10 seconds.
Which is why I really have no clue what was left to merge, to my knowlegde all of BULL as of revision 219 is there, and 220 just added UP 1.6 which I had included months before.

I'll have to look into that.

edit
: couldn't find any differences ..
You're correct, however your source package was missing a few files that were needed by BAT in order to run. I added the necessary files from my SDK source, and it worked. IIRC, there was some merging needed because of the Female Unit code. That was it. :)

Again, I didn't find any differences - I compared my whole source folder to yours with WinMerge. If you did merge some Female Unit code for the dll, please point me to it.
The additional files you needed, you probably mean the cximage libs, those aren't necessary if you use the vcproject file, which is why they aren't there.

Again, I didn't find any differences - I compared my whole source folder to yours with WinMerge. If you did merge some Female Unit code for the dll, please point me to it.
The additional files you needed, you probably mean the cximage libs, those aren't necessary if you use the vcproject file, which is why they aren't there.
It's very possible that I borked something when I was unpacking your files and moving them around. It was way back in early May, but I do remember having to add header files to my solution to get it to work right.

You're most likely right that I didn't alter any SDK code. I can be quite forgetful with technical things. I'm sorry if I confused anyone. :(

LemonMerchant I think I have successfully compiled this with legends of revolutions. I'm testing now.

So what you're saying is that this mod is THE ultimate unaltered gameplay mod if used by itself?
I would never say that and actually mean it. If you like unaltered gameplay with a kick, then yes, this is one of the good mods out there that offers that. There are a number of others which are as good, or better.

That's not a kick. That's replacing a broken leg (BUG being the other leg). Mods like RI/LoR/Etc. are the ones with the kick :)

Is there any way to deep six the blue marble? My bad eyes don't like it (except for the fonts which this mod doesn't affect (thank god)).

Delete or rename BM_v4.50_HI.FPK in the assets folder to get rid of the Blue Marble terrain.

Hey Im trying to download this mod correctly, I am able to play it but was curiuos to know. From what I understood this mod should have blue marble as well as bat: witch provides better graphics in terrain as well as give each civilization their own distinct view (like the maceman appearing different to each civilization). Perhaps I didn't extract it right and I really enjoy the characteristic of distinction in my game. Could you help me out in where to unzip this or what else I need to do to get those option available. Thanks

Hey Im trying to download this mod correctly, I am able to play it but was curiuos to know. From what I understood this mod should have blue marble as well as bat: witch provides better graphics in terrain as well as give each civilization their own distinct view (like the maceman appearing different to each civilization). Perhaps I didn't extract it right and I really enjoy the characteristic of distinction in my game. Could you help me out in where to unzip this or what else I need to do to get those option available. Thanks
Blue marble doesn't affect the unit graphics, it only changes the terrain graphics. The unit graphic changes come from Varietas Delectat, which is included in the mod's Assets folder as "Varietas Delectat v9.2 Cheetah edition.FPK" This file must be present for the unit graphics to work.

Note that not all of the units are distinct. There are some "shared" graphics in some of the units.

The best way to install Better BAT AI, is to use the installer. IIRC, the zip files are from the beta version, and were only released because I hadn't done up the installer yet.

I wanted to thank you for this fine piece of work, I've been using it for some time now and love everything about it. I never grow tired of the "historically messy" combats, especially in the middle ages, with the fearsome Zulu heavy knights clashing against the noble Mayan musketeers. It was fun enough in vanilla, but is 100% better when the units have the appearance to match such a scene! And the meaner AI only makes it even more enjoyable (You want war, Shaka? I'll bring you war!!!)

A doubt I had though, I was interested in a 50 civ dll, so I set out to compile it without having a clue (as you might guess from my post count). After reading all the tutorials, grabbing the source code, installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, the 2003 toolkit and SDK, and 11 failed attempts (or was it 12?), I finally compiled a dll that seems to work just right (I can play with 50 civs and all the functionality from your mod seems to be still there), but it bugs me that my dll is 5244 KB whereas the original is 5248 KB. Any ideas about what those 4 KB could be? I guessed from your makefile that you used Visual 2010 instead of 2008, maybe it has to do with that?
I saw something in CvDefines.h that might make the whole recompiling hassle unnecessary:
Code:
#if defined(MAX_CIV_50) && defined(_USRDLL)
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(50)
#endif
Is there something to make the default dll allow 50 civs without having to recompile it then? I have no idea how to set or define MAX_CIV_50 or _USRDLL, my solution was to recompile with this changed:
Code:
#if !defined(MAX_CIV_50) && defined(_USRDLL)
/************************************************************************************************/
/* 50 Players END                                                                               */
/************************************************************************************************/

/* BETTER_BTS_AI_MOD                      01/03/09                                jdog5000      */
/*                                                                                              */
/*                                                                                              */
/* original bts code
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(18)
*/
// Change number of civs in game
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(50)

You have to recompile to change that value. The bit about _USRDLL that you posted is a trick for when Firaxis is building the EXE which we cannot do. Glad you got it compiling--that is no small feat!

Top Bottom