The NESer Paradox Games Thread

i was playing dota 2 during times americans are usually around so i ended up trying a 3 player armenian game with crezth and masada at 3 am

desynced in 2 months game time ty pdox

We had a nice game in the Byzantine Empire going on. I was mostly chilling out in Achaia. However, Thlayli was surviving female heir after female heir in the Agean Islands, Shadowbound was quickly capturing Crimea as Nikaea, and TheMeanestGuest was working in Amalfi trying to become merchant king of Italy.

By the time I left for bed, when we stopped due to Shadowbound losing the connection, Shadowbound and Thlayli were part of the Anti-Empire that formed against our worthless emperor.

One of my many sons assassinated Thlayli's child ruler, and because he was married to Thlayli's heir he became Doux. He made me very proud. By the end of the game three of my sons were douxes, and a fourth bastard was going to get Crimea.

Also, a shout-out to my starting ruler have 21 diplomacy, and my new ruler sitting high and mighty with 25, meaning I was basically the permanent chancellor of the Byzantine Empire.

i was playing dota 2 during times americans are usually around so i ended up trying a 3 player armenian game with crezth and masada at 3 am

desynced in 2 months game time ty pdox

That is because you're playing with a guy in Australia. CK2 is stable when I play with people from the South, for decades and centuries of pure play. EU4 is stable even with long range people.

Even with azale's connection we managed to play fifty straight years of EU 4. :p

It saddens me that my duchess (who murdered her niece, the previous duchess, who became duchess the day she was born when HER mother, the PREVIOUS duchess, died in childbirth) had to copulate matrilineally with Shadow's son to finally bring a male heir into the line. Now that actually sounds like it could have come out of Byzantine history.

Emperor Basileios generally wrecked the Arabs and took back Anatolia, but his son Leon got crushed by a Bulgarian-Magyar alliance when the king of Bulgaria reverted to paganism and the Emperor tried to put a stop to it.

That failure triggered the rise of the Anti-Empire, which Shadow and I are part of, basically the nickname for our lowering Crown Authority revolt. Once we win, all bets will be off on internal expansion. I currently control the Aegean Islands and Antioch, though unfortunately my control over Cyprus was stripped by the Emperor's machinations.

And I'm now allied with Shadow, for better or for worse. :p One of my lovers became the Patriarch of Antioch. Yes, plural.

My single player - pre 2.1 game
Spoiler :

I began as Petty King of Munster, and wokred my way to King of Ireland over a couplle generations. However, the Sunset Invasion began and I lost it all to the Aztec's who eventually took all of Ireland, Scotland, and France. They also had at their height nearly all of England and Aquitaine. I only held on through a couple counties in Wales.

I maintained my title on Ireland, and eventually got Wales and Brittany under my rule.

As King of Ireland, Wales, and Brittany, I married the Queen of Jerusalem who controlled most of Frisia though without the title.

My sister Lania, Princess of Ireland and 4th in line to the throne, had me murdered. Princess Cristina, my 5 year old daughter became Queen of Ireland, etc.

My widow married an Aztec courtier matrilineally, putting little Queen Cristina's inheritance at risk. So Queen Cristina had her mother murdered, and added the Kingdom of Jerusalem to her title.

Now I'm betrothed matrilineally to a Byzantine Doux's son, waiting to get married in 10 years.

There isn't. The ones I know of are these(game is open right now):

The Justanids
The Bavandids
The Karen
The Faravid
The Ashkayada
The Yoishta

That is it I think. Unless of course we messed with the character creator.

Even better though: Start as petty Norse Kingdoms.

Spoiler Since Everyone is showing off their Kingdoms :
The Empire of the Saoshyant, 1119 AD

Tips for Zoroastrians; you take every opportunity that you can and crush every Islamic Nation around you as fast as possible at the start, and then just keep expanding from there. This was starting as the Karen Satrapy.

Edit: Missed the last page. Steam name is Rock_hound119.

My computer just about bursts into flames at the thought of anything as complex as a paradox game (Though I own them all, from a nicer, gentler era.)

BUT, my steam name is thomas.berubeg. :p

Paradox games run well on dated hardware. You should probably update your Windows 95 machine.

I lost my PC, and now I only have a laptop with 1.0 Ghz processor. No chance to play CK2. And here a decent computer costs about 3,000. 5,000 if you want it to run everything on maximum.

Top Bottom