Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is winning the historical victory as the Moors from a 3000 BC start even possible? I tried twice, the first time getting Qurtuba to size 12 and the second time to size 13 while China had two size 14 cities and one size 15.

Not sure whether this is the rioght place to post this, but it seems as good as any. Also I'm not 100% sure whether it is even an issue, seeing as it just happened the once, no idea whether it will happen again.

Anyways, on my current Italian UHV attempt (v1.10) The Prussians spawned with their massive stack as they do and proceeded to build their capital and die all in the first turn of their existence! It's a strange Europe I'd say, no Holland (they are confined to South American and Australian assets) and no HRE, with Frankfurt and Amsterdamn both French. Poland have Berlin, and Russia have Vienna. So yeah not sure if it's a problem, because it might not occur on replays, but is Prussia really supposed to be destroyed in 1 turn?

EDIT: It's like there stack just disappeared or otherwise left the city entirely undefended because the Polish just took Berlin back straight off the bat.

EDIT 2: WEIRD! Next turn they just came back, I'd even seen the civilisation destroyed message. But yeah, very next turn Frankfurt and Berlin flipped to the now suddenly existent again Germans. Surely this isn't supposed to happen, right?

Not sure whether this is the rioght place to post this, but it seems as good as any. Also I'm not 100% sure whether it is even an issue, seeing as it just happened the once, no idea whether it will happen again.

Anyways, on my current Italian UHV attempt (v1.10) The Prussians spawned with their massive stack as they do and proceeded to build their capital and die all in the first turn of their existence! It's a strange Europe I'd say, no Holland (they are confined to South American and Australian assets) and no HRE, with Frankfurt and Amsterdamn both French. Poland have Berlin, and Russia have Vienna. So yeah not sure if it's a problem, because it might not occur on replays, but is Prussia really supposed to be destroyed in 1 turn?

EDIT: It's like there stack just disappeared or otherwise left the city entirely undefended because the Polish just took Berlin back straight off the bat.

EDIT 2: WEIRD! Next turn they just came back, I'd even seen the civilisation destroyed message. But yeah, very next turn Frankfurt and Berlin flipped to the now suddenly existent again Germans. Surely this isn't supposed to happen, right?

It is. The AI, I believe, moves all of their units out of their capital on the first turn, which used to be an exploit for the human, except that now, the human player cannot declare war on a newly spawned (not respawned) civ for ten turns. Thus, Poland, which presumably starts at war with Prussia, or did in that case, used their wonderful Winged Hussars to march into undefended Berlin, taking it from the Prussians and thus destroying them. However, the next turn was the flip, so that's why Prussia died and then magically reincarnated.

Happened to me before. I was France, and the Prussians had spawned with HRE at war with them. After their spawn, HRE took the undefended Berlin and killed their large stack, though they did come back a couple of turns later.

Ah ok, thanks, I just wasn't sure whether something really weird and buggy had happened or not, because it seemed very strange. I was on the verge of culture flipping Frankfurt when they spawned, I think I would have just handed it back to them if I had flipped it before though.

totally unrelated, but I just want it out there...

I have been without the joy of RFC DoC for days now as there is something wrong with my Gateway PC's monitor...It's like it goes into standby/sleep mode, on its own after 10-15 min or so. . . I set the computer not to go into sleep mode ever, and yet it still does it. Once it does it, you can't get hte monitor back up, keyboard and mouse unresponsive and monitor powerbutton does nothing...it's like it loses signal completely. Cords are good, not sure what's going on here...

Help?

ps-figures it happens right when 1.10 comes out.

I've uploaded v1.10 again, fixing a couple of bugs that have been reported since the original release (this equals SVN revision 449).

If you want to update your already downloaded version, unpack the following RAR into your RFC Dawn of Civilization folder.

What do you mean, "doesn't work"? The download itself works for me.

What do you mean, "doesn't work"? The download itself works for me.

Sorry, Leo, now it works. Before, when I clicked on the link, I could see just this kind of warning "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

No I'm sorry, I guess you tried to use the link in the text? Totally forgot about that, so I only updated the attachment.

DL'd DoC, and there is a problem.

I can load it fine, but there is only the load game, BTS scenarios, and play a scenario option, with no scenarios

Either put it in the program files (x86) or double click on the map rather than try to load it that way from your documents.

What is the mod folder called? Are there files in the Public Maps folder? If so, what happens if you double click them?

I figured out I can run the 600AD and 3000BC scenarios from the Public Maps folder. It would be easier if I could run them via the game, but this way is fine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom