Flev's Replacement - Raging Barbarians

I signed up for the PBEM tracker but I have no idea how to set it up... the same as I have no idea how to set up the auto e-mailer within the game... something about an SMTP server and a compatible e-mail address

I have set up everyone in tracker, except for Sinister Felix who has yet to join.

I may need to double check in-game names against the setup

After you have played your turn, simply login to the pbemtracker website, locate the game, then choose 'upload turn'.

The save will automatically be sent to the email address of the next player.
It will also be stored on the website, so if the email does not turn up, you can simply go to the website and download it, no need to ping the previous player for a resend.

Wish I had some of that luck! :(

Flev_BC-0155_to_Sinister_Felix.CivBeyondSwordSave

Pbemadmin, Please correct my ingame name to tommy357 in pbemtracker.com and please correct ingame name MitiuIoan_-_Ramesses to Ioan76 (no space, no underscore in the name) so that I can upload the file in pbemtracker.com

Pbemadmin, Please also correct the ingame name Novin_Green into NovinGreen ;
correct the ingame name Sinister_Felix into SinisterFelix;
correct the ingame name Chasbolt_-_Huayna into Chasbolt.

The above player should also correct your game name as new ingame name in Your Detail inside the game so that we can use the pbemtracker properly.

I have received the game save file and is waiting the pbemadmin to correct the name so that I can upload the game file in pbemtracker

Pbemadmin, Please correct my ingame name to tommy357 in pbemtracker.com and please correct ingame name MitiuIoan_-_Ramesses to Ioan76 (no space, no underscore in the name) so that I can upload the file in pbemtracker.com

Pbemadmin, Please also correct the ingame name Novin_Green into NovinGreen ;
correct the ingame name Sinister_Felix into SinisterFelix;
correct the ingame name Chasbolt_-_Huayna into Chasbolt.

The above player should also correct your game name as new ingame name in Your Detail inside the game so that we can use the pbemtracker properly.

I have received the game save file and is waiting the pbemadmin to correct the name so that I can upload the game file in pbemtracker

A few things:

1)
I do not alter the players' in-game names in the PBEM.
The players - if they want to - can change their own in-game names.
Press Esc, then choose 'Your details' from the Menu, then you can change your in-game name.
Each player can do that during their turn.
If a player makes a change, they should let me know so I can edit their pbemtracker entry.

2)
I do not know if anybody actually 'needs' to change their names now.
Pbemtracker sometimes has a problem with player names if they have strange characters in.

A '.' is a definite no-no.
Spaces can be a problem, but this can usually be dealt with by using a matching '_' in the pbemtracker name.

3)
I actually already opened the last save that someone copied me on when they sent it to the next player.

I checked the player in-game names in the game against what was in pbemtracker, and I already altered pbemtracker to match.

Lots of players had spaces in their in-game names, so I added the underscores to pbemtracker.

Now, there might still be problems, but I took a best guess.

4)
I just re-checked, and your in-game name in the game is Tommy_357, so that is what I had changed it to in pbemtracker.
So, why do you want it changed ?

5)
Did Norvin_Green send you the save via email because he had an error in pbemtracker ?,
or did he simply not try using pbemtracker (tut-tut! :( ) ?

6)
As for the other name changes you ask for, I'm not sure why you are asking for them?
Ioan76 is not Mitiu's in-game name, that is the name of his pbemtracker id, which is not the same thing as the in game name.

7)
Please try sending the save to the next player using pbemtracker, and let me know the result.

If pbemtracker does not work, then you need to send the save to the next player via email.
Then the next player can change their in-game name
Then they can let me know about it, so i can edit pbemtracker.
And then you will be able to use pbemtracker next turn.

8)
As an example, pbemtracker was used successfully to send the save to Norvin Green, who has a space in his name, so pbemtracker can work ok with spaces. :)

Bathsheba666, Novin Green has not used the pbemtracker to send the email file to me. I have checked the my in-game name in Novin Green save file is Paradigm Shifter Pericles. I sent the Novin Green save file to you. Please check it and let Novin Green to send the file pbemtracker to me. Secondly, I have checked it "-" is not working on pbemtracker because Ioan76 in-game name has "-" inside it.

OK. I took another look.

Not sure what order to deal with this in. Let's try this...

1)
On your previous turn, you sent a save to MitiuIoan.
But then, you replayed it and sent him a second save, where you had changed your name, and asked him to play the second save.

I guess, he actually played the first save, and ignored the second.
This explains why the latest save sent to you has PS's name on it and not yours.

2)
So, at the moment you have your save, and you sent me a copy.
I suggest play it and you also change your in-game name again ?

a) Open the Turn
b) Play the Turn, but do not hit 'End of Turn'
c) Hit Esc - the Game Menu should come up
d) Select 'Your Details' - information about your tribe will come up
e) Edit the Top box, which has the description 'Leader Name'
f) Change it to 'Tommy', or 'Tommy357' or 'Tommy 357' or 'Something Else Altogether'
g) Hit OK
h) Hit 'End of Turn'

Send the save to Mitiu Ioan by email, and copy me.

3)
I agree pbemtracker does not accept names containing a '.' or '-'.
So please ask Mitiu Ioan to change his name to remove the '-'

4)
And then I can change pbemtracker again, both for you and Ioan.

With all that's happening in your town...:goodjob: Thanks for all the help.

I have played and sent the save file to Ioan by email. I have changed my in-game to Tommy 357 in this save file.

Top Bottom