Is it me or is faith really hard to procure early in the game?

A pulse, in a forest. I occasionally see the Celts spawn on tiles without nearby forests. Turns 5 and 10 pass with no pantheon, and then I'll stumble across them on turn 40 or so, still with no pantheon. Sad, really.:lol:

That's odd. I've never seen the Celts start w/o multiple forest tiles. Was start bias turned off or was it a custom map/mod? And yeah, Celts w/o a forest does sound pretty sad. Even worse for the Iroquois.

Start bias doesn't mean start certainty. I've started with Russia in the jungle and Arabia in the tundra. Rare, but it happens.

Agree with Smokeybear. For example, on Emperor and below, spending hammers on Stonehenge (instead of the GL) can make sense (maybe Immortal as well, but there's great risk of falling too far behind the AI).
I've even occasionally built both Stonehenge (first) and Great Library (second) on Emperor, although it requires a good start and some luck to get away with it.

I've even occasionally built both Stonehenge (first) and Great Library (second) on Emperor, although it requires a good start and some luck to get away with it.

Same here. In my first post-patch Emperor game, I got the Holy Tetralogy of Ancient/Classical Wonders: Stonehenge, GL, HG and Oracle :eek:

Sadly, I missed out on the Great Wall. Being China, I felt particularly sad about that.

Top Bottom