Strange Squared Tile Glitch.

Antmanbrooks

Prince
I have twice come across tiles in the water that are a perfectly flat, though still textured extension of the land they attach to on one corner of a hex? It's almost like someone built a little pefect square of land, nice and flat out into the coast just attached to one part of the nearest hex. My ships can still sail through them though.

I should add I'm playing on the DX 10 & 11 version, all settings at max and I have a 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU and an 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 series graphics card.

I've seen it on land as well appearing as a red/white checkerboard. It fixes itself after a fees seconds from what I've seen.

I've also seen this in the water. I'm also running with a 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 series; DX 10 & 11, settings at max; but an Intel i7 at 3.2Ghz. It was transient and was not there when my ships returned past the island some ten turns later.

Yeah, it's exactly like that. It wasn't there the next time I loaded the game, but appeared elsewhere instead?

I see a lot of squares on the map when i load a game but moving around normally clears them. red spots on the map are if you look at them closely bottom left corners of squares

I noticed that in quite a few games, usually starting from the 1500, a land square seems to appear. Every time next to a water tile. Although it looks like a mismatching piece of land area, it's still water.

Attachments

• unexisting square.Civ5Save
    367.6 KB · Views: 208
  • civ5_unexisting_square.jpg
    civ5_unexisting_square.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,755
I've seen this too. I didn't report it as my graphics are under spec. and it could just have been a driver error.

On one occasion I can remember a misdrawn hex having a barbarian camp. I had a suspicion that a message came up about this camp when it was partially obscured by fog of war, so when it was given a highlight glow it could have been misdrawn. This could be a red herring of course ....

Hi,

Playing G&K on 1.0.2.21
Save and dxdiag attached.

Attachments

• Elizabeth_0147 AD-0740.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • DxDiag.txt
    33.4 KB · Views: 165
Thanks for reporting this bug. I see the same problem with the save file. It appears to go back to the original release and has never been fixed. I'm merging this thread with the original discussion.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

I don't really know how to help you, but I had this bug before GnK's Fall Patch too! Wasn't using any Mods back then. Never seen it again.

Anything I can do to fix this Map error? Very annoying!

That actually looks like a texture loading error. Usually more prevalent or larger map sizes and weaker graphic cards.

Try scrolling in and out (max zoom, to max zoom out), focus the game screen on the island for a minute or so and see if this alters anything. Textures are loaded with the priority being the current viewport.

If the screen hasn't changed after zooming in and out, and staying focused on that island for a couple of minutes then I am not sure.

Hope this helps.

That actually looks like a texture loading error. Usually more prevalent or larger map sizes and weaker graphic cards.

Try scrolling in and out (max zoom, to max zoom out), focus the game screen on the island for a minute or so and see if this alters anything. Textures are loaded with the priority being the current viewport.

If the screen hasn't changed after zooming in and out, and staying focused on that island for a couple of minutes then I am not sure.

Hope this helps.

Next option would be try reloading the save.

Next option would be try reloading the save.

Yeah that too :)

Problem is if their card is struggling, then the problem will repeat (albeit not necessarily in the same place).

As the textures load they go from black, to fuzzy (low texture version), to good (high texture version) with another possible step or two in between. On good cards or small maps it all happens to quick to be noticed, but on slower cards (or ones with less memory) it is noticeable. I notice when my SLI setup stops working and falls back to one card (usually when I upgrade drivers, or alter something and forget about it :) ). It is then very noticeable, thankfully for me it is easily solvable.

The OP should also make sure their in game graphic options have not changed.

Top Bottom