A list of abbreviations

Cormorant

Chieftain
Not sure if this is the right place for me to add a suggestion because although a Civ enthusiastic ever since the very first game, I am an eternal beginner, and rarely get into the higher levels of difficulty. Also probably the oldest regular player on here. I have to confess that I don't understand all the high level strategy tips because of the constant use of abbreviations. Could some kind expert provide a list of what they all mean, for reference? You may think I'm an old idiot, but without such help, a sentence like "TOA, Mids and SH all have GE points for a nice early GA" is just Greek to me. If such a list is forthcoming, please don't underestimate the basic level of what should be included. I don't know what CBs, lux, CS, ICS, RAers etc etc mean. An alphabetic list might expand everything used into real words.
Is there a different "beginner's" forum for ordinary non-experts like me to add threads like these and perhaps contribute?
On the plus side, I have found the Civ5 Guide which now includes all the G & K changes (that abbrev I do understand!) is an enormous help and warmest thanks to the compiler for all the necessary research given to help players at all levels.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussion.

There is This article as part of the War Academy that provides a list of all the acronyms used for Civ 5 discussion, although it was made for the base game and so it might be missing some for the expansion. Regardless, it'll be a great starting point

Top Bottom