Has it always been this way?

Goatimus

Chieftain
I just finished ( lost!! ) a game on king!! I must say i am enjoying the improved ai in GK. Anyways my question is this. Im Spain, playing standard everything continents but stuck on my on island, and rome is runing away on their continent. No prob, I say I will just build my forces and bide my time. long story short they are running away in tech and building a spaceship, so i invade and capture rome from the sea, destroying ( SO I THOUGHT! ) their sapce ship ( as i built my own ). When all of a sudden I get the " you lost message" apparently capturing an enemy capital no longer interupts this Victory condition. So is there anything I could have done ( short of invading earlier ), to this change this? has it always been this way?

The portions of the spaceship that have been assembled are magically transported to the new capital. My theory (notwithstandng the game ending graphics) is that the spaceship is being assembled in orbit. :crazyeye:

Yes, as the above posters stated/implied, the only way to prevent Rome from winning would have been to blockade their capital or wipe every single Roman city off the map.

That's annoying but I suppose it makes sense.

Instead of brave explorer's they could just as easily be sending up interstellar refugees.

:scan:

Nuke them all. And if you see any spaceparts out in the open, bomb them with your planes repeatedly till they die (should just take a fighter or bomber, area thoroughly swept before hand)

As others have said you would have to blockade his capital and prevent any new parts from reaching it, if it's coastal it shouldn't be that hard. You also have to make sure he doesn't build the remaining parts in his capital so you may want to nuke it or at the very least pillage all the tile improvements within 3 rings of his capital. If you take out his roads and blockade his harbor he will also lose all trade route income.

Take out his roads and, if all else fails, drop an ICBM on his capitol. That'll destroy any units (including spaceship parts) near his capitol.

Thanks for all the responses. I will make sure in the future if this ever comes up to put into practice the suggestions you guys mentioned. Its actually fun to loose a game like that once and a while, usually i get dis-interested by about the renassaince because im too far ahead in tech and just start a new game, but this one was different and fun.

Top Bottom