[154] Doing nothing and become ally with CState

timbuktu

Warlord
I use VEM and CSD. This is second time I encountered this situation. A City State claims that I have helped it by weakening its enemy. But I have done nothing :confused: Moreover, I am in friendly relation with this civilization (the enemy).
Here are saves from my current game:
http://speedy.sh/Dk8ey/3saves.rar

And pay attention to Heliopolis. Its base yield in culture is 19.8 and it has a strange and unique bonus: "modifier for building +50%". With the other non-suspicious bonus (+25%) this city has about 34 culture yield.

Lately I had sensed that in the later parts of the game I would occasionally get automatic boosts in my CS levels for no active reason. I assumed I had missed something like "connect x" or "discover y" leading to these boosts, but it felt bigger than that. (Could I be more vague?)

Citystate quests are handled by the game core only Firaxis has access to, so if a quest bug exists we can't fix it.

Heliopolis has an Opera House, which provides +50%:c5culture:, and 19.8 * 1.75 = 34.6. The tooltip is worded a little strangely though. Actually... most of the stuff on the yield list is worded strangely. I'll rephrase those lines.

Perhaps this bug can be fixed now. You can see it from those game saves playing a dozen turns more.
Alexander has been eliminated (by me) but he still figures as a friend in city states. My influence in an allied city state decreases to the level of friendship, while Alexander's influence seems to be stopped at the value from the moment of his elimination (or the pace of falling down is slower), so he becomes allied with the CS and its declared me war at once.

When a player dies, their influence with all citystates should reset to 0. I've added some debug code to v155 so we can track down the problem if that's not happening.

In my current v154 game I was often getting freebee influence rewards for reducing Genghis' army even though it was China who was at war with the Mongols. Don't think I was an ally to all of them, but I was at least a friend (or HAD been, anyway). CHINA should have gotten the benefit, not Rome.

A side effect of militaristic civs bashing on city states (and CSs going into permanent war as a result). Perhaps such civs could be 'persuaded' to capture a CS before DOWing yet another one so at least it GETS something for its trouble.

In my current v154 game I was often getting freebee influence rewards for reducing Genghis' army even though it was China who was at war with the Mongols.
This is very strange... could you post your lua.log file after this happens? :think:
Perhaps such civs could be 'persuaded' to capture a CS before DOWing yet another one so at least it GETS something for its trouble.
These leaders should only be at permanent war with 1 citystate at a time. I wonder if the forced war declarations could be causing the quest bug?

Do the affected citystates even offer the "kill enemy" quest before it gets completed, or is the reward just popping up out of nowhere?

Thal, will a lua.log help even if it's a few dozen turns after the event(s)? The Mongols have met their maker and China has since been banished to some off-continent islands.

Doh! Scratch the log, I didn't set the config up for logging.
I VILL do so for de future!!

In v156 I've disabled the automatic conqueror-personality AIs war declarations against their closest CS neighbor. I'm not certain if it's what messed up the citystate "help in war" quest, but it's a likely candidate.

In v156 I've disabled the automatic conqueror-personality AIs war declarations against their closest CS neighbor. I'm not certain if it's what messed up the citystate "help in war" quest, but it's a likely candidate.

And where did 156 go? Thought it was uploaded yesterday but now it says 155 on your website.

\Skodkim

I just read that i should have not restarted the game to keep the lua.log ... to bad.

I played Nebuchadnezzar, fighting the Japanese neighbors (not very kind ones:) ).

Then in 1 turn the civstates got euphoric. Out of no reason at all i got friends from all over the world, from places i did not even explore yet (I researched optics only after i had cannons). Also i got a unit (partizan ? or gift?) in my capital, even though it was 10+ rounds before that Nabunga took one of my cities. In the meantime I had already reconquered the city.

The phenomenon kept going, so that every 2-3 rounds i got either new friend CS or the influence with the existing ones increased.

The second strange, although perhaps unrelated bug was that InfoAddict did not display babylonia in the graph....

Now I wonder: is there any way to turn off CS related mods ?

It was 155 downloaded from within civ5. I did not have Angkor Wat and neither Aesthetics.

Top Bottom