Heavy modified Ancient Resource map

KayameDesdemona

Chieftain
Hello, first of all thanks to GK for this great MOD which I have been playing it for some years now. I always have been a huge fan of earth maps, first earth18civ online play (I was a noob back then), followed by GEM on single; but after countless victories on countless nations, I decided to make some intense modification to the map.

1)Geographical modification
1.1)Removed some wasteland areas of the map where AI tended to settle.
1.2)Removed a lot of tiny islands
1.3)Made possible to settle Alaska or Greenland from Asia and Europe with galleys
1.4)New Zealand, and Caribbean islands are now free from natives, ready to be colonized.

2)Rearranged resources
2.1)Overall, all resources have been lowered in number because there are only 24 civs to be played, 20 if you don't play native americans and australians.
2.2)Less oil and uranium to make them strategic resources.
2.3)Luxury resources have been rearranged to make commerce a must. (I had to build some plantations on Asia to even the world happiness)

3)Civilizations
The goal was to set up the ancient world with ancient civs and leaders. The most modern leader is Peter, but huge rusia land had to be covered...
Incas, aztecs, and mayas are in huge disadvantage and aren't meant to be played but to be colonized.
Sitting bull is now on australia representing native australians.

Tips: don't tick raging barbarians, no barbarians or aggressive AI.
The other settings as you wish, I personally play in marathon speed, emperor diff, no tech brokering and perm alliances.
I just finished the map so is it still under serious testing for balance purposes. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Have fun!

Attachments

• GiantEarthMap AncientCivs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 453
By the way, I'm experiencing an annoying glitch with the last version of GEM, on the scoreboard no religion icons are showed, and I'm on a clean install. My mod skills are noobbish, but it's obvious a BUG problem. Did someone experience it or solve it?
Also, there is out there a new version of BUG better AI, so if someone is able to merge this with GEM would be awesome.

Thanks

Top Bottom