How to uninstall/reinstall Steam bought Civ 5

OgreMonk

Chieftain
I am now having seemingly unique issues that seem to not want to be resolved but cannot figure out how to uninstall Civ5. It does not show up in my remove programs list. All of my other Steam games and the Civ 5 demo appear. What is going on??
I assume I will need to redownload:eek: it to reinstall.

If you right click on the Civ 5 entry in your Library in Steam, go to Properties, and go to the tab Local Content.

You can delete the local files as well as do a Verify Integrity of the Game Cache and download any files that are corrupted.

T

Already tried that. It uninstalls for about three seconds with no message. It then validates almost instantly stating it was successful. Nothing seems to actually uninstall. No option in Steam to redownload. I am sorry to be asking this here but I signed up with the Steam forums hours ago and still cannot post there as I am in the queue for approval..

I had trouble with the patch not installing (stayed in synching mode for days) and it turned out to be an orphan Steam process hidden in the task bar tray. I shut down all Steam processes and then restarted the client, and it kicked right in and completed the update.

Not sure that will be it, but certainly worth a try.

i had error that stopped me from playing civ for 12 hours:wallbash: did not know how to fix it
so i uninstalled and am reinstalling right now

I had the same issue. Civ wouldn't launch. I went to steam and it said to delete the appcache folder in steam and restart my computer. I did that and then it would crash on loading screen. Then I read this forum and did the reinstall and that fixed it. I've got over 6000 hours play time with civ 5 and this is the first time I've had to reinstall. I wish it wasn't Steam based these days. :mischief:

I had the same issue. Civ wouldn't launch. I went to steam and it said to delete the appcache folder in steam and restart my computer. I did that and then it would crash on loading screen. Then I read this forum and did the reinstall and that fixed it. I've got over 6000 hours play time with civ 5 and this is the first time I've had to reinstall. I wish it wasn't Steam based these days. :mischief:

Install Crap Cleaner and follow all the uninstall instructions.

Top Bottom