NESing by the Numbers

I don't think I would of stuck around this long had I not joined BOTWAWKI. Its frustrating to join a NES only to have it die within a couple updates, and that Nes was the only one I've joined so far to have staying power. EQ may not write the most elegant updates, but at least he consistently gets them out there. BOTWAWKI has been my favorite NES so far not because it had elegant updates (which it didn't) bit rather because it's been the only NES I've been in long enough to actually develop my nation.

EQ is a terrible MOD. I'll never forget China mr. EQ!!!

But yeah, he keeps NESes alive long enough to develop emotions, while some other, "Great" MODS kill their NESes all the time (NK, Jason, Birdj, Daft...)

I find EQ's modding system quite good. Only thing he could improve is the timing, because sometimes several weeks pass between updates (mostly because of either personal problems or new videogames), but, well, one does what one can do.

That's my opinion, but, hey, everybody's entitled to have his/her own opinion.

EQ is a terrible MOD. I'll never forget China mr. EQ!!!

But yeah, he keeps NESes alive long enough to develop emotions, while some other, "Great" MODS kill their NESes all the time (NK, Jason, Birdj, Daft...)

I haven't killed an NES in a long time. Bird has had three NESes, only one of which died anywhere near the start. Daft has been a prisoner of his own brilliance, since people set the bar unreasonably high for him every time.

I haven't killed an NES in a long time. Bird has had three NESes, only one of which died anywhere near the start. Daft has been a prisoner of his own brilliance, since people set the bar unreasonably high for him every time.
I'm talking about history not current.

You now have a very long lasting NES, but you used to kill NESes constantly, good ones, with amazing updates. :( I'm still sad for the death of the Coutel, Portuguese (vs. Jason France) ........

Birdj had several amazing NESes which he murdered even while they were going strong (That fresh start non-Earth with the three starting locations). That hurt me a lot.

As for Daft. His own unreasonable high exceptions kill his NESes, not other people's high expectations. He is amazing, he needs to get that and get going.

You are all evil murderers!!! :'(

Me: No more than most mods. Median update length for my NESes is 3.

Bird: Killed one NES before its time. Get over it.

Daft: How is it his own unreasonably high expectations? Yeesh, don't blame the man that y'all swarm his just-for-fun projects and attempt to canonize him. That's plenty of pressure in and of itself.

Daft should have limited sign ups, but he doesn't have the heart to turn a player down.

Me: No more than most mods. Median update length for my NESes is 3.

Bird: Killed one NES before its time. Get over it.

Daft: How is it his own unreasonably high expectations? Yeesh, don't blame the man that y'all swarm his just-for-fun projects and attempt to canonize him. That's plenty of pressure in and of itself.
3 updates is NOTHING. 10 and above is when a NES can be considered after birth. And you killed beloved things :(

Birdj - BAH! I admit several of his NESes were long lived, but he killed several amazing ones!

As for daft. He sets for himself impossible expectations and when he can't achieve them he quits. It's sad since his NESes are amazing and good even at their "lowest" level updates. (He has no low level updates).

I will NEVER get over it. It's like falling in love and then getting your heart broken. You can never forget.

So, I wanted a cool baseball card with all my NES modding stats on it. I was super upset when I saw the list of tiers and whatever because I thought that they had to do with moderation and I wasn't on there and Sheep was and I'm pretty sure that Sheep was always just Metaliturtle's DL.

But then I was going to be all, "EQ Make me my stats please!" before I realized that if my Research Methods professor heard that I couldn't figure out how to work an Excel document he'd probably be ashamed.

SKILORD
Starting Date of first NES: 5/2/2002 (SNES -SKILORD's Never Ending Story)
Ending Date of last NES: Still running (Absolution 4: Tabula Rasa)
Total Number of NESes: 16
Total Number of Posts in All NESes' Main Threads: 2475
Total Number of Updates in All NESes: 67
Average Number of Posts per Main NES Thread: 155
Average Number of Updates per NES: 4

So, some of them were total flops, a lot didn't make it to update 1 back in the day, scenario ideas that failed mostly.

I guess I could get worked up that Apolyton statistics aren't counted here, I could have gone and got my information there (because there were fewer NESes that I ran there and they were by and large much more successful) but I don't think it's worth the trouble especially since they deleted my account over there.

Yeah, Daftpanzer's NESes were consistently my favorite to read through the whole cataloging process. They were always so shiny and fun, he's easily one of my favorite moderators of all time, even if I never played in his NESes.

As for killing NESes, well, if we were to agree on some terms of what measurably defines a "successful" NES, I'm fairly confident that all moderators (except for a couple notable one-hit wonders) would have a greater than 50% failure rate. I know I do, in my own measurement of things. Typically, more NESes fail than succeed, especially when the moderator is first starting out. Of course in Sheep's case, they just failed.

Knowing that I have a 0% fail rate is cool.

Knowing that I've run one NES (or pseudo-NES, I suppose) is sad.

I am curious to see what my own moderator stats are. Probably nothing to be proud of.

Again, that's just your opinion.

It's also a wrong opinion. From experience, plenty happens by update five, and if we got updates of Perfectionist's quality somewhere between 5 and 10 times, then I'd go ahead and call it a success.

Again, that's just your opinion.

It's also a wrong opinion. From experience, plenty happens by update five, and if we got updates of Perfectionist's quality somewhere between 5 and 10 times, then I'd go ahead and call it a success.
That's just murderer illogical bla bla bla.

It's not wrong. 5 updates would be about 2-3 months. Then the NES will be dead. What's the use of a dead NES with 5 updates? Just pain.

I think a NES, as the name states, should be endless or should not be. "Better loved and lost than would have never loved at all" is utter nonsense.

Your living up to your title. :undecide:

There can be quite a bit of developments in 5 good updates, but still not quite enough to leave one satisfied.

Top Bottom