Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

What happens when you attack a Great Person ? I assume it just dies, but I'd like to know for sure.

toller pretzl said:
What happens when you attack a Great Person ? I assume it just dies, but I'd like to know for sure.

Ok, it disappears, just like in civ3. I just saw it when I captured a city that had one.

I have got the message "you have traded with our worst enemies" instead of just "enemy". Does that mean that the AI can have several "worst enemies" at the same time?

I have a question. Is culture boosted during anarchy?

Kalleyao said:
Is culture boosted during anarchy?
You can't gain any culture during anarchy, except maybe through a great artist, just leave your cursor over the culture bar during anarchy.

sweetpete said:
I have got the message "you have traded with our worst enemies" instead of just "enemy". Does that mean that the AI can have several "worst enemies" at the same time?
Yes, same as you.

Demo system reqs same as retail? I'm guessing so, and if that is the case I need new mobo, proc and memory. I've got a 9600xt, but having that is like putting a superhcharger on a rusted Chevette.

Sigh...and the screenies look so pretty...

Edit - Nevermind, the Demo works. Load the game, go do something else for 10 minutes, bingo. Time to spend some money for retail!

Thanks for the answer lost_civantares. Now I have another question. Can ICBMs damage ships that are in the coast? Also, are invisible units damaged?

Hello again!

How can you tell how much gold (or extra gold?) a city is producing? I am trying to figure out which city to make into a commerce city...

As always, thank you in advance! :)

Dave

Check out the domestic advisor (F1) for more information. You can click on the column headings to sort them ascending or descending, which will perhaps make it more easy to figure out which city (or cities) to try.

scienide09 said:
Check out the domestic advisor (F1) for more information. You can click on the column headings to sort them ascending or descending, which will perhaps make it more easy to figure out which city (or cities) to try.

I will give that a shot. Thank you for the suggetion. :)

Dave

BritishEmpire said:
I'm new...how do you select more than one unit to move or attack a city?
thanks
Welcome!

Clicking on the buttons near the bottom of the screen control what unit(s) you have active on the current stack. SHIFT clicking adds or removed units to the current group. ALT click any unit to select all units and CTRL click to select all units of the same type.

Kalleyao said:
Thanks for the answer lost_civantares. Now I have another question. Can ICBMs damage ships that are in the coast? Also, are invisible units damaged?
Your welcome :)

I haven't tried to nuke invisable units, but they should be affected along with the rest of us, and yes they do damage ships.

I played the game for the first time the other night. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but it seems very easy to me...much easier than Civ III. Does this sound right to everyone else?

Hey, welcome to the forums.

Easy? Well, it has a pretty quick learning curve, if you're familiar with previous Civs. Since you mentioned CivIII, I'm going to assume that you are.

While aspects like religion and combat are new and may take some getting used to, many of the game mechanics are unchanged or only slightly changed from the last Civ incarnation.

Try bumping the difficulty up a level or two, and see if it provides more of a challenge.

Because those cities are adjacent to rivers to run the hydro plants.

sweetpete said:
it seems i only can build hydroplants in sertain cities, why is that?
I have the techs needed.
The city must be next to a river. You're stuck with either coal, nuclear or The Three Gorges Dam.

While we're on this subject, what is the preference for power usage? I gather that if a hydro plant is available, that is the first choice. Does nuclear come next or coal? I assume it would be nuclear since there's no unhealthy penalty (with only a small meltdown chance - not that I know what happens with a meltdown in the game).

_alphaBeta_ said:
While we're on this subject, what is the preference for power usage? I gather that if a hydro plant is available, that is the first choice. Does nuclear come next or coal? I assume it would be nuclear since there's no unhealthy penalty (with only a small meltdown chance - not that I know what happens with a meltdown in the game).

Since you get coal with an earlier tech it is useful. And you can't clean up meltdown mess w/o Ecology. Still I build the Nuclear plants in the absence of hydro.

Top Bottom