Guess the UA/UB/UU of the civs

Haven't read through to see if its mentioned as a possibility, because I'm lazy in regards to thread reading, and won't do that. So apologies if this a rehash.

I can see the Celts (in theory) getting an Oppidum/Hill fort UB. probably a castle (or wall) replacement that is cheaper or gives faith points, or something along those lines.

Of course what I can see and what they'll do are two very different things.

Also, I want the Byzantines to have Cataphracts. Not having them would be a buzz kill to end buzz kills, even atop the leader of Theodora.

The Byz will get a Cataphract, it is their most iconic feature.

The rest are wild guesses:
Maya: plantation replacement terrain improvement.
Celts: either a "woad raider" type longsword replacement or a special barracks or defensive building.
Ethiopia: stele probably, implemented like civ IV

That brings us to Austria:

UB: Pastry shop. Replaces market. +2 food.
UU: von Trapp singers. Replaces worker. Build improvements 10% slower, but can enter "singing" mode that produces +2 culture per turn.

Haven't read through to see if its mentioned as a possibility, because I'm lazy in regards to thread reading, and won't do that. So apologies if this a rehash.

I can see the Celts (in theory) getting an Oppidum/Hill fort UB. probably a castle (or wall) replacement that is cheaper or gives faith points, or something along those lines.

Of course what I can see and what they'll do are two very different things.

Also, I want the Byzantines to have Cataphracts. Not having them would be a buzz kill to end buzz kills, even atop the leader of Theodora.

A "Fort" IU replacement might be interesting.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Dunn is a possibility. Make it like the Motte and Bailey from the Norman Conquest scenario. Essentially, a fort that acts similarly to a Citadel. Limit it so it can only be built on hills.

In the past, I thought they were going to get a second UU. However, I see that others are stronger candidates, so I no longer think that's the case.

I know that; but they did become interesting places of worship. I guess improvement wouldn't be the best term for it but caves and cenotes were used throughout Maya culture and civilization. (Which is why I think Cenotes could work as a UI)

I was thinking they should make Cenotes a new Jungle feature similar to Oases in the Desert and Atolls in the Ocean.

What do YOU think is going to be the mayan UA?

Is it going to be amazingly fun and unique?
Or just some bonus culture after a set amount of turns?

Discuss!

Moderator Action: Sorry, we already have a thread for that :( -> threads merged.

That could work, or something I was thinking of was maybe a poison effect where units hit by an atlatl suffer small damage per turn until they return to their own territory/cities? Might be too powerful, maybe until they heal next to a fresh water tile or unit with medic?
Or maybe even those units hit by an atlatl suffer a strength reduction penalty like the maori ability which lasts for a set number of turns.

How about the units hit by an atlatl cant heal from fortifying or something like that?

Wasn't it confirmed that the maya follow a different calendar than other civs btw?
I really recall hearing about that somewhere.

Wasn't it confirmed that the maya follow a different calendar than other civs btw?
I really recall hearing about that somewhere.

I have to say that would be cool. But no, all we know is there will be calender related bonuses.

And they wouldn't even have to use the Long Count. They could use the Haab. Our 365 day calender rather than the famous "2012" associated one lol :p, but could still use the appropriate hieroglyphs XD. Dreaming a bit now haha.

Also seeing as there is an achievment for the Maya if they nuke someone in 2012, I wonder if the Maya will be programmed with a high Nuke Flavor like Gandhi?

so that's what they meant when they said the world would end

even though they didn't

Again I am fine with a degree of cheesiness. And even falsity to a degree. And even manipulation... but I don't want them to be too cheesy/manipulative/liarish :lol:

I understand it could become a fun marketing point to have something involving the 2012 hysteria. And I am more than willing to overlook it. I just hope they don't go to crazy and mess up the civ entirely to try and take advantage of a hysteria. (And by this I mean ruin the UA/UU/UB or whatever they may try and relate to the calender)

Again I am fine with a degree of cheesiness. And even falsity to a degree. And even manipulation... but I don't want them to be too cheesy/manipulative/liarish :lol:

I understand it could become a fun marketing point to have something involving the 2012 hysteria. And I am more than willing to overlook it. I just hope they don't go to crazy and mess up the civ entirely to try and take advantage of a hysteria. (And by this I mean ruin the UA/UU/UB or whatever they may try and relate to the calender)

Pretty sure nuking a city in 2012 has nothing to do with the UX's. It's just a fun achievement. The real achievement may be forcing the game to last that long. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom