Help - Warlords Crashes

rube203

Chieftain
So I got Warlords very excitedly but have yet to make it through a full game as it continues to crash on me.

Background: Have played all versions of Civ4 with only mild graphical problems due to an Intel Graphics chip. Never had problems with crashing, and have used all patches, was using 1.61 happily, everything worked except the movies.

When: It seems to crash when an AI civ would be contacting me, I don't know this for sure as it crashes before this happens but usually it is when I sail across the ocean and I'll see new land, or most recently I saw the territory of another civ and then ended my turn.

What: After this it all goes black and kicks me back to the dektop with only a windows message saying the game encountered an error.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Anyone have any ideas? I would hate to go back to vanilla Civ4 as I like the updates to the game, but I'm not seeing any other choice at the moment.

PS - I have spoken to AI civs during the game, so it doesn't do that all the time, I'm wondering if its only certain civs.

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Nevermind, I found it using Ottoman, I had no idea it was a single civ causing all my problems. Just unlucky I guess as this has happened in every game I've played and never choose the AI. Thanks a ton for the help, your my new favorite CivFanatic member (BirraImperial).

Top Bottom