Israel Mod

esnaz

King
Civilization: Israel
Leaders: David Ben Gurion (Charismatic, Protective)
Solomon (Spiritual, Industrious)
David (Aggressive, Spiritual)

Unique Units: Maccabee (rep. Swordsman)
Magach (rep. Modern Armor)
Shayetet 13 (rep. Marine)
Palmach (rep. Infantry)
Maryannu (rep. Chariot)

Unique Buildings: Kotel (rep. Walls)
Tower of David (rep. Castle)
Mossad (rep. Intelligence Agency)

Cities:
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Hebron
Rishon Lezion
Metzada
Beersheba...

Also includes order and select sounds for Israel thanks to King Yosef

Download

Edit: Download with flavor units (courtesy of strategyonly, and Zerver)
As of Nov 09, 2007

Attachments

• Israeloverall.JPG
    Israeloverall.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 5,841
I wish this was an update to your modular civ, so I could add it to other mods...oh well guess I'll wait for Mambas big Israeli module.

Good work though I must say!

Wait, what do you mean? This is a modular civ, so you can add it to other mods.

HMMM Great! I like Solomon very much, but I think sharik's Merkava is a good replacement for Modern armor too. Im currently working on israeli order/select sounds, so it can be a good input i think.

HMMM Great! I like Solomon very much, but I think sharik's Merkava is a good replacement for Modern armor too. Im currently working on israeli order/select sounds, so it can be a good input i think.

I was looking for that for a while, I'd definitely like to use those.

I dont think Ben Gurion should have dark skin, his actually Russian and emigrated to Israel

I dont think Ben Gurion should have dark skin, his actually Polish and emigrated to Israel
If you look at the pictures of ben gurion at the age depicted in my mod, he does have tan skin.

Will a future version of this have Zerver's Israeli flavor units included? Sort of like what the Poland module has?

Perhaps, he actually used my maccabee unit as the model for some of the units

Pretty nice. David still looks wonderful (and could be used for a number of other leaders as well if a modder desired), Solomon looks very nice (wonderful work with the beard) but might look better in my opinion if he lost the beads. Ben Gurion looks OK, but is not really very distinct from Churchill. Perhaps if you removed the bow tie and changed it to a long one, or made the hair on the sides of his head even more prominent? His coat also looks a little odd in places, possibly due to seam problems. The backgrounds for all of them could use some help.

All in all, very nice though. I personally would still love to see a good Joshua modeled off of Hannibal (simple armor with only a bit of metal), but three leaders is probably enough for most people.

Above all, thank you for making this; it's very nice and obviously not just thrown together.

maryannu??

whats that??...?

anyway, great work.

check the civilopedia, I was looking for an ancient unit...and thats what i found

Ben Gurion looks OK, but is not really very distinct from Churchill. Perhaps if you removed the bow tie and changed it to a long one, or made the hair on the sides of his head even more prominent? His coat also looks a little odd in places, possibly due to seam problems. The backgrounds for all of them could use some help.

All in all, very nice though. I personally would still love to see a good Joshua modeled off of Hannibal (simple armor with only a bit of metal), but three leaders is probably enough for most people.

i'll work on it in future versions, I'll add Joshua too. Also, removing the beads from Asoka wouldn't really work...I work with blender, and removing them would leave a big hole in his chest. If there are probably some more experienced graphics editors out there who might be able to do this for me, that'd be great.

This looks great! Is there a way to make it work if I only have vanilla?

Well...its in modular format so no, not currently. Sorry

Great work! Hmm, but I would prefer it to have only one UU like all the other civs.

Both the Kotel and the tower of David are buildings not type of buildings and there is only one each. the Kotel is the most holy place for the Jews and not a type of building, its like the Ka'aba for the Muslims.

Both the Kotel and the tower of David are buildings not type of buildings and there is only one each. the Kotel is the most holy place for the Jews and not a type of building, its like the Ka'aba for the Muslims.

I know, but I got suggestions for those. Plus, the Tower of David was rebuilt many times (though not always called the Tower of David), and the word "kotel" means wall in hebrew.

For a future edition may I suggest adding an air unique unit. Israels air force is known to be one of the best in the world. There are lots of good plane units out there, you could use the F-16 or "Sufa" (Hebrew name). There is a pretty nice one here

Top Bottom