Are there cheat codes for Civ 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download firetuner which is located inside of the Civ5 SDK. It allows you to give yourself unlimited money, culture and units, as well as alter the map and other fun things.

or for everyone who try to play an diplomatic game without much military against the cheating AI ...

Songhai declares War!

9 Infanterists

Anyone else confused for a second wondering why babies were attacking?

Crbarber22695;9689384I just found that if you go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's... and open config.ini, change "DebugPanel = 0" to "DebugPanel = 1" and then start a game and hit the ~ key, you get a little panel that let's you do some things like spawn settlers, roads and reveal the map....nothing for money or anything.
is this for civ 4?

So cool to cheat, especially as the game is so "hard"!

I can understand the slow game makes some of those ppl with Red Bull and other drinks similar to that, can't take on TB-games,

Get some more drinks and go play poker, that will turn you around!

I just found that if you go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's... and open config.ini, change "DebugPanel = 0" to "DebugPanel = 1" and then start a game and hit the ~ key, you get a little panel that let's you do some things like spawn settlers, roads and reveal the map....nothing for money or anything.

Thanx for sharing this information. I've found the panel, just don't know how to use the units that i've spawned... I'd love to start an empire with 5 settlers and 10 units!!:lol:

So....you play on a difficulty which gives the AI massive cheats (which is the sole bonus to higher difficulty levels) and cheat to even the battlefield?

Why not just play on Warlord of Prince?
That's not quite accurate. The AI also gets bonuses to troops, making military conflict more difficult. For those that enjoy that aspect of the game they will get bored on lower levels, but might want the benefits of a more difficult AI military without having to play a very ridged game (e.g. do this, then this, then build National College, etc. otherwise you lose). I'd of course recommend mods to address the issue, not cheat codes, but to each their own.

Crbarber22695;9689384I just found that if you go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's... and open config.ini, change "DebugPanel = 0" to "DebugPanel = 1" and then start a game and hit the ~ key, you get a little panel that let's you do some things like spawn settlers, roads and reveal the map....nothing for money or anything.
is this for civ 4?

yes, for both Civ iv vanilla and BTS. But the actual line is "cheat code:"

change the "0" to read "chipotle" ( no quotes though) then start your game. Once in game, hit the ` key, up pops a mini window, then type in "game.toggledebugmode" (again, no quotes) and hit enter. Have fun.

As for Civ V, the IGE pretty much can take care of anything you could possibly want. Anything else would be overkill, at least IMO.

or for everyone who try to play an diplomatic game without much military against the cheating AI ...

Songhai declares War!

9 Infanterists
4 Artillery
6 Cavallery

in one round in my country. Haha, make me laugh, the gold this army costs , compared with the happiness-loss this mass of cities should create CANT work. so, why not cheat back? cant see any problem with this. not everyone always want to warrior rush his opponent to win in round 90.

well... play Prince... AI have no bonus... Its really easy and awfully boring, BUT it actualy acieves what you want without having to cheat back!

well... play Prince... AI have no bonus... Its really easy and awfully boring, BUT it actualy acieves what you want without having to cheat back!

No, in Vanilla, which this thread originated as, AI played on Chieftain.

SP is already absurdly easy and the AI completely stupid. You really need to cheat? For real? Sad and pathetic. This thread should be closed down. Stupid trolls are already popping up in MP who get 3 policy trees and a religion on turn 5. Scummiest scum possible.

SP is already absurdly easy and the AI completely stupid. You really need to cheat? For real? Sad and pathetic. This thread should be closed down. Stupid trolls are already popping up in MP who get 3 policy trees and a religion on turn 5. Scummiest scum possible.

not very necessary of you. if people want to cheat then let them. we all play the game like we want to, it's not necessary to call people scum. cheating can be very much fun sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom