Shaka domination advise please

labobble

Chieftain
I have only been playing civ 5 for around 2 months now (100 hours played). So I am only on warlord and to skilled player I know that sounds really crap but to me it is pretty fun and intense.

So I am going for my first domination victory and I have to say my war mind is very bad. So I am trying to play it with the best of the best domination victory civ Shaka of the Zulus. So I need you help. The game is a:

small 4 civ map
Pangaea

Civs
Zulus (me)
Shoshone
India
Poland

Any help with this would be great

Well, I am playing that as well right now. Although I play on Standard 8 divs on Emperor.
If you don't mind reading something long then I recommended reading glory7's Zulu guide here: link

However that guide is based on Deity so you may need to adapt something. I think the most important aspect you cannot follow on Warlord is that neither AI nor CS would have early enough workers to steal so you need to build them yourself. This will still be a very good guideline though.

...So I am trying to play it with the best of the best domination victory civ Shaka of the Zulus...
I'd say Attila is better at early warfare than the Zulus. Anyway I'm no warmonger but you want to beeline Civil Service with Bronze Working along the way. Settle 2 cities(including your capital) and start pumping out units. If a neighbors capital is not on a hill you can take this easily with archers. Only go after capitals if possible and raze the expos so your happiness doesn't go in the toilet. Try and bait and garrisoned units out with a worker.

Good luck

I just won a game with Shaka. My starting strategy:

- go Pottery --> Writing --> National College with 2-3 cities max (aka "play as usual")
- get the Zulu Barracks
- build barracks and then 3-4 Spearmen and if possible 2 Archers and 1 Catapult (makes it easier to capture stuff)
- go for Civil Service Tech
- try to save some money and upgrade your Spears to Impi (it's not that expensive)

At that moment you are all set for your rampage.

EDIT: Some more tipps - try to settle your 2nd city in the range of mountains and use it as your main military base, while your capital is doing all the other stuff. If you have nothing else to do there, just build some more units. Go for Composite Bows after the Impis.

Top Bottom