3 Food Jungles?

Carazycool

Warlord
Why do some of the jungle tiles near my capital all have 3 food? This was not the case with most other jungle tiles on this map, which were the usual 2 food.

I would guess it because of that land underneat?
plain or grass land might make some change?

I don't think its that... I've never seen 3 food jungle tile either and I'm wracking my brain thinking of anything that would have done that and I am coming up short.

Modded perhaps? thats the only thing i can think of.

as you see its only t1 so even if there were a policy or tech or building that could make that happen well that's not relevant here lol

I didn't use any mods. Map was Amazon Plus. Here's the save if you want to check it out.

Loaded it up..somehow, the jungles are on grassland instead of plains in your game. I tried three different Amazon Plus maps myself and they were all on plains like usual. I don't know if it's a rare chance that they spawn on grassland or it's a game bug, but I've never seen it either.

Nope, no bananas. I ventured out west in his save and found bananas, yielding a total of +4 food for the tile rather than the usual +3. I'm pretty sure the grassland underneath is the cause. Plains give +1 to food, grasslands give +2. Jungles give an extra +1.

Didn't chop them, but I am using Enhanced User Interface and it told me the jungles were on grassland. I've been using EUI for so long that I forgot if you even need that mod for the game to tell you all of a tile's terrain features...but as far as it told me, they were on grassland. As for them going back to plains after a chop? No idea, but it'd be easy to test.

Interestingly enough, here's a thread on another forum about a similar issue: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?130506-Grassland-Under-Jungle-Tiles!

Edit: Stayed grassland after the chop. Here's a screenshot, which also shows the +4 bananas over to the west: http://i.imgur.com/DkXPYuB.jpg

Another Edit: Even more intriguing is that the jungles become "normal" again even further out west (and up north as well): http://i.imgur.com/CswuRSV.jpg Notice they're on plains.

Final edit: I took your civ into consideration and noticed on the wiki that their starting bias is grassland...now, it's a stretch, but that may have been the reason that the jungles around your starting position happen to be the only jungles on that map (that I could see) that spawned on grassland. I don't know if starting bias can actually alter the land around your starting position, though (I always assumed it just places you). Are there no grasslands normally on that map? If so, maybe the game forced grassland into the map to satisfy India's bias, even if this meant breaking its own rules.

No problem! I do think this warrants some further investigating, though..if my theory is correct, then starting bias can actually bug the starting areas in certain maps depending on the civ chosen (and on random chance, since it doesn't always place you right near the civ's bias). But for now, I'm tired and I need sleep.

Didn't chop them, but I am using Enhanced User Interface and it told me the jungles were on grassland. I've been using EUI for so long that I forgot if you even need that mod for the game to tell you all of a tile's terrain features..

I think it tells you in the base game (i.e. ''Plains, Hills, Forest'' for example).

I think it tells you in the base game (i.e. ''Plains, Hills, Forest'' for example).

Jungle is an exception. It will show if there's hill, river and improvement, but not the terrain under it. I don't think that there's any other terrain type that does that.

In one game I had 3 food jungle tiles and it turned out there was Iron underneath. So yeah, take it for what it's worth

Jungle is an exception. It will show if there's hill, river and improvement, but not the terrain under it. I don't think that there's any other terrain type that does that.

You could still check it in strategic mode even in the base game. If your eyes are keen, the base tile could either be green (grassland) or brown (plain).

It's because they're on grassland. On scripted maps (ie Continents, Pangea etc) jungle is always on plains, but in certain set maps (Amazonas being one of them) you will find Jungle on grassland. It's like Silver spawning on Plains, that kind of stuff : Firaxis isn't entirely consistent between the scripted and fixed maps.

Top Bottom