Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Coco-what?

I've heard that it's possible to have a lovely bunch of them, and that they come in a diverse range of sizes, including "as big as your head". However, no-one has bothered to explain what they actually are.

Horem has made art of them too, along with many other resources. BTW, what about Diamonds? I have Diamond graphics I'd love to donate!

I like diamonds. Coconuts are good too but seem more of a bonus resource than a luxe.

You just don't like Coconuts. Walruses like Coconuts. Ask TPangolin if Walruses like Coconuts. He'll tell you that Walruses like Coconuts. So we need to have Coconuts.
:deadhorse:
More seriously though, I think Coconuts are just more of an automatic link of tropical islands and indigenous people, so more of a Colonial flavor resource than for any real gameplay tricks.
Of course you can then have an Event that announces that some government officials have been killed by falling coconuts. You can then either order all palm trees be chopped down and gain gold and production (not to mention safety to your royal person) or have people go and find the trees that killed your underlings which causes a source of Coconuts to appear in your territory.

Palm Oil kinda overlaps graphically.

Awk. Didn't think about that. Didn't think at all about that.
Still... Coconuts are just so much more fun than Palm Oil. And Colonialist Legacies is fun above all, right?

And who said anything about going ****oo? ****oos aren't much of a resource at all, they spend all their time popping in and out of Swiss clocks. I'd much rather go Coco.

Awk. Didn't think about that. Didn't think at all about that.
Still... Coconuts are just so much more fun than Palm Oil. And Colonialist Legacies is fun above all, right?

I almost wonder if you could have both? XD

"Coconuts falling from the palm trees have endangered the lives of several civilians and government officials. A group of industrialists have approached us, saying that if we were to chop down all of the palm trees, they could convert them into Palm Oil which they could sell as a luxury item to help bring prosperity and wealth to our civilization. On the other hand, a group of environmentalists claim that Coconuts provide a valuable source of food for the more impoverished members of our society."

"Coconuts falling from the palm trees have endangered the lives of several civilians and government officials. A group of industrialists have approached us, saying that if we were to chop down all of the palm trees, they could convert them into Palm Oil which they could sell as a luxury item to help bring prosperity and wealth to our civilization. On the other hand, a group of environmentalists claim that Coconuts provide a valuable source of food for the more impoverished members of our society."

One of the options has to be:

"Commission some chirpy Cockneys to write a catchy but irritatingly inane song about it."

I almost wonder if you could have both? XD

Oooh, I like this. Have Palm Oil give Gold and/or Culture, while Coconuts give Food and Tourism.

Also, my earlier reasoning was an example of Vizsla Debate.
Spoiler :
A Vizsla is a Hungarian bird-dog breed which I happen to own. They are extremely food-oriented (mine has nearly killed himself swallowing a wine cork and generally eats his dinner in 2.3 seconds flat) and are fond of the style of argument characterized by vocalizing at more and more insistent tones and volumes. When you tell them off for barking, they look at you reproachfully and put their snouts in your faces until you do what they wanted.
They aren't exactly Dogdom's high-watt bulbs.

We're also missing the most obvious, most dominant Colonial resource of all time.

Human Trafficking.

I think you mean Oranges.

/eu4modjoke

Also Soylent Green.

What nuts are you on about?

What nuts are you on about?

Neirai refers to a film called Soylent Green, in which a processed food ration, after which the movie is named after, feeds the majority of the world's population. Over the course of the film, Soylent Green is discovered to be made out of the processed corpses of humans.

Because colonial powers often enslaved, or at least abused, the people of native societies, Neirai is making a rather off-colour joke about using native tribes as a source of sustenance.

EDIT:
I'm honestly surprised that Nutty isn't here yet.

I'm honestly surprised that no-one has suggested Peanuts as a possible Colonial Resource, seeing as they came from South America.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: I only just realised that Natan was referring to the coconuts discussion rather than asking about Soylent Green. Not really sure how I interpreted it like that in the first place. Now I just feel silly.

Neirai refers to a film called Soylent Green, in which a processed food ration, after which the movie is named after, feeds the majority of the world's population. Over the course of the film, Soylent Green is discovered to be made out of the processed corpses of humans.

Because colonial powers often enslaved, or at least abused, the people of native societies, Neirai is making a rather off-colour joke about using native tribes as a source of sustenance.

EDIT:

I'm honestly surprised that no-one has suggested Peanuts as a possible Colonial Resource, seeing as they came from South America.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: I only just realised that Natan was referring to the coconuts discussion rather than asking about Soylent Green. Not really sure how I interpreted it like that in the first place. Now I just feel silly.

Silly is good, but i feel nuts!
I am Nutan!
(Before anyone tries to use this against me: yes, that's why my posts are silly and my ideas are horrible.:rolleyes::mischief:

Top Bottom