TarcisioCM's Civilizations

Australia, Mughals, India, Italy, Nicholas' Russia, Afghanistan and Duranni all maintain a Green!/Gold Scheme.

The Alans are certainly a unique civ, but I’m not so sure they're for me. It seems counterproductive to go through all the trouble to settle a bunch of cities, build up their infrastructure, improve their tiles, connect them to the capital with roads, only to then raze the cities and start all over again – just for an army that doesn’t scale or upgrade (unless I misunderstood the explanation). But you definitely get points for thinking outside the box.

If somebody can offer me a different perspective on a gameplay strategy for them, please do.

The Alans are certainly a unique civ, but I’m not so sure they're for me. It seems counterproductive to go through all the trouble to settle a bunch of cities, build up their infrastructure, improve their tiles, connect them to the capital with roads, only to then raze the cities and start all over again – just for an army that doesn’t scale or upgrade (unless I misunderstood the explanation). But you definitely get points for thinking outside the box.

If somebody can offer me a different perspective on a gameplay strategy for them, please do.

The horse nomads combat strength is based on the era they were spawned, but you cant upgrade them to a better version you advance your tech. You still can use them for pop. The thing about the Alans is that their bonuses are mostly war oriented, the army you gain by razing their cities can be used to conquer an enemy really quickly and you can settle close to their borders and keep pumping out units from that city (Using the bonus from distance of the Point of Sedentism + disbanding nomads there for quick production, you can create units very quickly). Basically they should be always at war, finish an enemy and move on to another.

Or like I said before, you can settle a city, get pop from it quickly, raze it and disband the horse nomads back on your capital, you'll get lots of pop really fast, and otherwise play with them like you do with any other civ.

Heh, damn. I was thinking of making a Civ led by Caligula with a similar raze ability:

Acho que tem algo com brasileiros e a demolição das próprias cidades...
Nothing wrong with reusing the raze ability, the important (And unique) stuff is what the razing will cause. Also Nero with the ability to raze his capital anyone?

The horse nomads combat strength is based on the era they were spawned, but you cant upgrade them to a better version you advance your tech. You still can use them for pop. The thing about the Alans is that their bonuses are mostly war oriented, the army you gain by razing their cities can be used to conquer an enemy really quickly and you can settle close to their borders and keep pumping out units from that city (Using the bonus from distance of the Point of Sedentism + disbanding nomads there for quick production, you can create units very quickly). Basically they should be always at war, finish an enemy and move on to another.

Or like I said before, you can settle a city, get pop from it quickly, raze it and disband the horse nomads back on your capital, you'll get lots of pop really fast, and otherwise play with them like you do with any other civ.

Ah, okay. That's a different perspective than I thought. I guess another good strategy might be to go Tradition, build the ToA and HG in your cap, settle cities 2-4, and keep settling and razing a 5th city to add to the capital (maybe on one of those 1 tile islands surrounded by lots fish to grow that city's pop and get more nomads). But, on higher difficulties, it'll be hard to get both ToA and HG and you'll eventually run out of room to settle.

I feel like his lips are too red and displaced they too much to his right.
I noticed that too, just after posting :lol:

This one's better?

Also bonus pics cause of my fail :p

My icons usually look bad at the highest resolution, so use the ones below for reference on how you'll see these uniques 99% of the game.

I have seen worse with my mod addiction and practice makes perfect, as long as you keep drawing on normal basis you will improve rather quickly both at speed and quality.

On topic those icons look sweet I love the white, orange and purple my guesses would be UB is either a Roman Forum or Roman Temple maybe even both if its a forums then it gives bonuses that might help you expend even more and those bonuses increase upon making a city connection with the capital (all roads lead to Rome), if it a Roman Temple upon finishing construction give the city a unique bonus.
The UU might be a GG or just cavalry but GG would be my choice if I did a Rome civ, the General probably focuses on raising armies quickly either through converting barbarians or rallying soldiers from cities.

Of course all those guesses come from my civ idea document in case I stop being lazy. :lol:

I have seen worse with my mod addiction and practice makes perfect, as long as you keep drawing on normal basis you will improve rather quickly both at speed and quality.

Actually I don't know how to draw on a PC, i just glue stuff together on photoshop :crazyeye:

On topic those icons look sweet I love the white, orange and purple my guesses would be UB is either a Roman Forum or Roman Temple maybe even both if its a forums then it gives bonuses that might help you expend even more and those bonuses increase upon making a city connection with the capital (all roads lead to Rome), if it a Roman Temple upon finishing construction give the city a unique bonus.
The UU might be a GG or just cavalry but GG would be my choice if I did a Rome civ, the General probably focuses on raising armies quickly either through converting barbarians or rallying soldiers from cities.

Of course all those guesses come from my civ idea document in case I stop being lazy. :lol:
Kinda right on one of these, the thing is that the civ's uniques are all resolved around the leader, so nothing "generic" that could be applied to any roman civ.

By the way, a great general that can convert barbarians seems awesome, but does any modded civ already do this though? (So many civs I can't even keep track of them :crazyeye:) I remember something similar, but I could be wrong. The idea for the forum seems cool too. :)

I think you recall the Reformation belief "Heathen Conversion" which I don't know if it is a hard-coded mechanic unless you are actually speaking about a modded civ then I don't know.

Oh and about the drawing you can start right now with small steps, some patterns on the shield, maybe a plume and for the leader I think you should play around the face so he won't look like this:
Spoiler :

Roman Republic
Another Roman Empire (Leader? Who knows? :p)
***I take suggestions

Well, a while back, I got started on a Trajan alternate leader for Rome, but I kinda stagnated pretty quickly. If you wanted, you could pick it up. Otherwise, I may eventually get around to it again, but I may not.
Here's the thread, with art and some ideas:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528249

My brother and I also came up with some ideas for a Roman Republic. I'm not entirely sure if it would be possible to do, but if it is, I think it's a pretty cool idea:
Essentially, the leader would be the Roman Senate. The whole Senate.
I never decided upon a UA, but here's the thing.
There's another leader.
Once the Republic goes to war, the leader (both name and art) switches to Cincinnatus, and a number of era-appropriate infantry units spawn around your capital based on the capital's population. However, for the entire duration that you are at war, your regular UA is disabled. Once you are at peace, the leader switches back to the senate, all spawned units disappear, and your UA goes back into effect.

Nothing wrong with reusing the raze ability, the important (And unique) stuff is what the razing will cause. Also Nero with the ability to raze his capital anyone?

I want Nero! Really!:)

So what's up? I haven't seen you posting for quite some time.

I'm ded. Uh not really. Last thing I was working on were the lombards, but I gave up after failing to code their unique unit:
Unique Unit: Duke
Replaces the Great General. May assign the Duke to an available city (A city without any other Duke) by disbanding them on the target city. The Duke then becomes a military unit with the same Combat Strength as his city.
Proposed Additional Effects:
  • During wartime, he gains experience for every unit built on his city; on the end of war all experience accumulated by the Duke is turned into Gold/Production/Food/Something else?
  • When garrisoned on his city, accumulates experience per turn that is given to the next unit produced by the city.
More specifically, I failed to make the duke remember what's his city.

And I stopped working on the roman dude because I wasn't happy with his leaderscreen and just gave up on that too. Uhh I should just finish him up already.

Stop being so anxious and ask for help, I am sure a lot of people here are willing to do so. :)

I'M FINALLY DOING SOMETHING CAPSLOCK HYPE

But you'll need to guess what it is.

Sucks to be you eh.

Spoiler :
no tips just pics

Top Bottom