8.3x Bugs Thread

Still playing 8.34 I noticed a few things that may not all be outright bugs, but kept me wondering:

- txt_key_building_ceridwens_favor_pedia is missing
- the Diseased Corpses can be healed with cure making then Corpses? Undiseased Corpses? Exdiseased Corpses? :mischief:
- the Wall of Fire stays active after the caster left the city
- slaves and workers sleep command does not work properly, they always wake up when enemies are nearby

The pedia is still missing but the other things should be fixed by now.

Some of the events texts are wrong or not displayed correctly:
- "The conflicts between the merchants in %sk_city and your capital [...]"; wrong place holder?
- "Your prophets tell of a child [...] that will bring peace to the"; message ends here

Then, I have some issues regarding balancing (although I would advice against any rash changes):

I think Rise of the Wicked is too powerful, especially in the hands of a human player, as - opposed to AI - humans can easily organize all their troops to get the Wicked promotion. Therefore, I would suggest to either reduce the bonus from +3 to +2, or change the promotion to Removed after Combat as Bless, or - the evil option and my favourite - units afflicted by Wicked can not heal any more, but through combat (like Cannibalize).

I still think that Paramander is too weak. If I had the choice I would continue to build the Soldier of Kilmorph, but these are obsolete, as soon as Paramander is available. I would suggest to allow Paramander to use Bronze Weapons, or give him +1 attack and -1 defence, so that it has a combat role. And I would not make Soldier of Kilmorph obsolete.

Then, there are the dragons (Awakening of the Dragons). This is more an esthetic problem. I thought in FFH dragons were highly powerful, intelligent and sentient creatures. But in Wild Mana they just rush in from the wilderness, eat the odd worker, and then die in a suicide attack against an Archer with a few levels in City Garrision. I would like them to have a bit more of an impact. I think they should be more rare (1-2 of each race), but much more powerful. And they should not be animals but barbarians. To prevent them from razing entire civilizations off the map they could make the first city they conquer their new lair.

@Sephi:

Just wanted to confirm that I experienced the same issue with the Grigori that I already reported with the Illians: building The Eyes and Ears Network gave me the religious techs and made the ritual Join the Cult of Esus available.

I know you said it would be fixed, but I just wanted to confirm that it's an issue not only for the Illians, but also the Grigori.

EDIT: One other thing I forgot to mention about the Grigori game -- I also received the Swamp-Dwelling tech from The Eyes and Ears Network, since there were 3 Mazatl factions in the game (Hianthrogh plus two breakaway factions, Minister Koun and Protectors of Erebus). Not sure I got much benefit out of it, if any, but not intended to happen, I'm sure.

Getting a hang at the end of this turn, the endless spinning globe. Just hit "Enter" and wait ... and wait ... and wait ... and wait ...

I don't plan to continue this particular game, even if someone's able to fix the bug, but I hope you can track down whatever might be causing this to fix for the next version.

A few more things I encountered that I'm sure are not intended. Again, apologies if these have already been reported or fixed in the version 9.0 beta.

1) I reported an earlier game in which I received the Swamp-Dwelling tech via the Eyes and Ears Network. In a more recent game, playing as the Svartalfar, the Network resulted in my receiving Winter Tech (there were multiple Illian factions in the game, the original one plus Minister Koun and one other). Non-tradeable techs like that should probably be blocked from being obtained through the Network.

2) It's possible to circumvent the Cult of Esus limitation of 2 disciple units in at least two ways:

a) Completing Blood of the Phoenix before completing Join the Cult of Esus. The disciple units that get killed by completing the Esus ritual will, if they have the Immortal promotion, be reborn in your capital, so you can have more than 2.

b) Having an Archmage capture disciple units by using Domination. I used Domination in a recent game to capture 6 or 7 barbarian Monks who were guarding a mana node. I was following FoL, and since I didn't go to war with another FoL civ, I don't know if the same would have happened with Priests of Leaves (or High Priests of Leaves, for that matter). Also, I don't know if the Command promotion allows the same circumvention.

Regarding this last one, I know that in vanilla FfH if you capture via Domination or Command a unit that you can't have (e.g., a religious hero or high priest from a religion you're not following, or a Royal Guard when you're not following Aristocracy), you'll capture it but on the next turn the unit will abandon you. Maybe can do something similar for the next version of WM.

Got an odd error in multiplayer.
A Svartarlvar scout tried to plunder a graveyard and a specter appeared and kind of transfixed him. He had a strange status icon and I could not select the unit anymore.
That actually wasn't that bad and probably intentional, however I couldn't end the turn anymore. The game didn't react on return, shift-return or the next turn button.
We had to leave the game and reload it to fix the situation.

Besides that we didn't get even one sync error in MP. Very nice to see that there are still stable FFH2 sub-mods out there. :rolleyes:

Still playing 8.34:

- txt_key_leader_utiruso_ pedia is missing
- AI does not seem to take mastery promotions for its Archmages
- Hianthrough (or something like that) researches "evil" techs (e.g., Ashen Veil)
- Event: "Your unit have spotted a unicorn outside of" message ends here
- Druids cannot use poisen
- Orthus quite often gets killed by animals the turn after spawn, that is a bit anticlimax
- AI pushes Rangers through my lands when at war, why? exp boost for me?

Still playing 8.34:

- txt_key_leader_utiruso_ pedia is missing
- AI does not seem to take mastery promotions for its Archmages
- Hianthrough (or something like that) researches "evil" techs (e.g., Ashen Veil)
- Event: "Your unit have spotted a unicorn outside of" message ends here
- Druids cannot use poisen
- Orthus quite often gets killed by animals the turn after spawn, that is a bit anticlimax
- AI pushes Rangers through my lands when at war, why? exp boost for me?

Zharkov,

If you or someone else can provide me some lore info on Utiruso, I will create a pedia entry for him/her/it. Or even just a link to where I can find it would be great. It is still missing in the Beta version as well.

I guess this qualifies as a bug:

Playing version 8.34, I was at war with the Bannor/Mercurian team. The Bannor adopted Crusade, so I couldn't conduct diplomacy with them. I could, however, conduct diplomacy with the Mercurians. Eventually I was able to negotiate a peace with Basium, which automatically resulted in peace with Sabathiel, since they were a team.

I don't know if this happens only in WM or if it's a carryover from base FfH2, but either way it would seem that it's not supposed to happen. (Or maybe it is? The price of being teamed up with the Mercurians is some limitations on your freedom of action? As the Bannor, you adopt Crusade and intend an endless war, but your Mercurian allies can undermine you by negotiating with the enemy?)

Anyway, just wanted to flag this for you, so you can decide if anything should be done.

Top Bottom