Welcome to Wildmana

[to_xp]Gekko;9535273 said:
it's an effect of one of the starting civics, -10 % food
Thanks for the (lightning) quick answer. :)
I only realized that when I got a chance to switch to another civic. A default civic actually having an effect is a bit misleading...

Hello.

I am making progress but many things still puzzle me.

E.g.: The Hallowing of Elohim is supposed to reduce the AC by 5, but in my current game it only reduces it by 2... I tried on three different occasions, and each time I only got -2 instead of the expected -5. Any explanation?

afaik i reduces the some ac factor and not the ac itself by 5. if you mouse over the ac button you see what i mean.

Welcome to Wildmana
Welcome ? How come i dont feel welcome ? First there was FFH, and someone even wrote a basic guide for it. Now there are three huge modmods, and they arent documented whatsoever ! I have no idea how Wildmana is different from Orbus. How does "food export" mechanic supposed to work ? What does "emergent" trait means exactly ?

DOCUMENT YOUR STUFF BEFORE ADDING MORE CRAP ON TOP OF WHAT IS ALREADY THERE !

Let me get this straight: Rather than thank someone for the work they've done (for free, in their spare time), you're going to complain that they haven't done MORE work?

Many modmods change things quickly enough that maintaining documentation is exhausting. People allow it to drop to the side as a result. Not the best way to do it, no, but we would all far rather spend our time working on things that interest us, rather than documentation.

I can't speak for Sephi, but my own point of view? You want things documented, do it yourself or wait. These are free projects, done because we enjoy them. Not because you have a right to them.

Edit: Also, RifE is documented. Not perfectly, chunks are missing, but it is documented. Check the wiki.

Welcome ? How come i dont feel welcome ? First there was FFH, and someone even wrote a basic guide for it. Now there are three huge modmods, and they arent documented whatsoever ! I have no idea how Wildmana is different from Orbus. How does "food export" mechanic supposed to work ? What does "emergent" trait means exactly ?

Wildmana is fully documented.

too bad I cannot give you an honest answer cause that would get me banned or some troll would quote it out of context

HAVE FUN ADDING MORE CRAP TO THIS FORUM ON TOP OF WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE !

I am making progress but many things still puzzle me.

E.g.: The Hallowing of Elohim is supposed to reduce the AC by 5, but in my current game it only reduces it by 2... I tried on three different occasions, and each time I only got -2 instead of the expected -5. Any explanation?

Forget I asked: I just found the answer in the Wiki.
So, it would seem that WYSINWYG... Any reason to that, other than baffling even more the poor beginner's mind? ;)

Anyway, it means that the Elohim ritual isn't nearly as powerful as I hoped. But, if I, Ethne the White, do not do it, who's going to save the world?

there are guides in the wiki (under the guides section), if you have questions regarding the game feel free to ask them. if you look in the forum there are often threads from newer players and we try to answer all questions that they have. :)

also please note that politeness will get you very far, outrage will get you banned

Another question, if anyone feels like helping a noob...

Playing as Elohim, I'm at war with the Sheaim and Hyborem. When I raze one of their cities, I get a message like "some of your units go on to <can't remember verb> with the infernals". What does it mean? That some of my troops defect to the bad guys, or are lost in some way? :confused:

There's a wiki?
i meant the ingame pedia :)

@morchuflex:
some units are reborn as manes for the infernals, which basically gives them population. i am not so sure but it is either dependent on your alignment or on the religion of those units. it is the same effect as in vanilla ffh

So, it would seem that WYSINWYG... Any reason to that, other than baffling even more the poor beginner's mind? ;)

Anyway, it means that the Elohim ritual isn't nearly as powerful as I hoped. But, if I, Ethne the White, do not do it, who's going to save the world?

The counter you see in the game is a percentile representation of the actual calculation. "The world is X% nearer the apocalypse." That's simplifying it significantly, but the math behind it is that actions that affect the counter need to scale to game size (and possibly game speed). A game on a small world needs fewer actions to raise the armageddon counter 1% than what it would take for a huge world. So the total amount of actions (or perhaps points, e.g. what you get out of the Elohim and Sheim rituals or certain events) increases by game size, but it is then scaled to 100 so that the display remains the same and armageddon events occur predictably.

I think on a normal speed game at standard size, what you see affecting the counter is what you get, but I am not 100% confident of that (the counter might be balanced for a different game speed or world size).

Playing as Elohim, I'm at war with the Sheaim and Hyborem. When I raze one of their cities, I get a message like "some of your units go on to <can't remember verb> with the infernals". What does it mean? That some of my troops defect to the bad guys, or are lost in some way?

Normally the dead go to "heaven" or "hell" when they die (I am simplifying this significantly). However, once the Infernals (who begin merging hell with Erebus) and Mercurians appear, heaven and hell become a part of Erebus itself. So the people who die (i.e. living units and razed cities) end up returning to Erebus - based on their alignment - as either demons or angels. Functionally this means Mercurians gain angel units when a good unit is killed or good city is razed, and Infernal gain a mane unit (basically a generic unit that can upgrade into any other unit type) whenever an evil unit is killed or an evil city is razed. Unit alignment is based on the owning civ's alignment, city alignment is based on religions present. Units can also have their own religion but it is rare for that to differ from the owning civ's.

Neutral units, I believe, have a 50/50 chance to be good or evil or when they die (e.g. to go to the Mercurians or Infernals, assuming that civ exists). Non-living units, such as demons and undead, are destroyed entirely - they do not get reborn in the Mercurian/Infernal capitals.

I have lurked on these forums without joining for at least 10 years, but never took the time to register and post...but this morning cruising through looking for news about the release of WM 9.0 I was so disgusted with some of the negative comments I was inspired to sign up and post...Sephi, gekko, tesb, Valk, Kael, and ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS DEDICATED HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF THEIR TIME TO PROVIDE US WITH AWESOME, FREE MODS, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...please don't be discouraged or even noticed the _____ and ________ who cry, whine, or in any way complain or say anything negative about your efforts...for every one of them there are probably 10,000 like me who don't post, but download your incredible work and enjoy them...your efforts are truly appreciated, and personally I agree with what other posters have said that FFH2 and the incredible modmods to it are probably the coolest thing that the internet and opensourcing have ever brought to the gaming public...thanks again, really can't say it enough....

Now, since I'm finally a member and posting, any hint when 9.0 will be released? [...groveling obseqiously...] I'm especially excited about a reduction of the # of units, creating SODs of 100s of cheap units totally goes against what FFH2 was supposed to be to me so I really don't want to start a new game now that I know a fix for my biggest FFH2/WM complaint is in the works.....

i meant the ingame pedia :)

@morchuflex:
some units are reborn as manes for the infernals, which basically gives them population. i am not so sure but it is either dependent on your alignment or on the religion of those units. it is the same effect as in vanilla ffh

heh, darn, I was hoping for something I could peruse more easily at work :cry:

Niveras, thanks a lot. Your explanations make perfect sense.

Victrix causa diis placuit sed victa Catoni.
Or you like "Asterix and Obelix" or you are a big fan of Cato... Stoizism?
He he... :)
I do like Asterix - I am French, so I guess that makes me a kind of Gaul... But I found the quote in Lucan's epic Pharsalia (I teach Greek and Latin literature).

Hello.

I have more, easy questions, if someone can bother to answer.

1. How can I tell which version I have? It seems to show nowhere in game and the ini says nothing either. Since I D/L'ed it last August, I guess it's 8.00...

2. It seems there's a beta 9.xx version around, but where?

3. With the arrival of Civ5, are FFH2 mod and modmods going to enjoy further develpement, or is it the end?

1.) there is a base 8.0 version in the download thread and the latest patch, if you have downloaded and installed both you have the most resent release version. there is really no way to tell ingame what version you have afaik.

2.) make a post in this thread: http://www.epicdestiny.site90.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7
and ask for access. sephi periodically updates the thread and grants access. if you have access the beta version is in a subforum and should be easy to find. the beta version installs into its own directory so you can have both the 8.x version and 9 beta.
edit: the beta has many drastic changes, it probably adds more then all previous versions combined, for a very basic overview you can look at this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=376877

3) sephi intends support wildmana for civilization 4 for at least a year. if we make a mod for civilization 5 it will hopefully be its own mod and not a modmod, but we are discussing this internally right now. it really depends on civilization 5. personally i would really like switch to civ 5.

Top Bottom