tesbs hero classes

as far as i know the local legend gets the hero promotion so it should be able to choose a class. bear in mind they are currently not implemented since i need two xml tags working within the promotioninfos.xml and i am currently waiting for sephi to implement them. if he does i can immediately hook the classes up.

well then the local legend is out of luck :D

i will redo the hero classes probably tomorrow. there are a couple of hero classes that got broken with 1.3 (eternal defender for example, because life leech now only works on the offensive) and i think there are too many hero classes and abilities that i feel are just there to fill gaps. and there is also too much randomization included (for balance reasons some percentages are pretty low) so what i am going to do:

-redo all buttons (they are too blurry), including the hero promotion and heroic defense/offense (make them all in one style, so they are easily recognizable)
-reduce hero classes to two classes per unit combat (1 normal + 1 prestige)*
-every class has only two follow up promotions (traits) and can choose only one, i.e. a hero can get only 4 hero class promotions (base class + trait and prestige class + trait)*
-add mounted hero classes

*this is the biggest change, but it will make them more distinct and help balancing. it also makes it easier to implement more classes later on, because a class is basically 3 promotions (class +2 traits) instead of 5. in general the system felt too complicated, i.e. you could not immediately see where your class choice is taking your unit. i will probably post the full changes later on.

But then, one disciple hero will always have the same base and prestige class. How about making two class, both base and you can only choose one. Then, each base class have 2 promotion, one basic (low level) and one prestige (high level). The difference between this and your idea is where player choose. I think it is best for player to choose between classes, instead between promotions.

Btw, you are necroing eleven months old thread :lol:

But then, one disciple hero will always have the same base and prestige class. How about making two class, both base and you can only choose one. Then, each base class have 2 promotion, one basic (low level) and one prestige (high level). The difference between this and your idea is where player choose. I think it is best for player to choose between classes, instead between promotions.
i want to have some diversity within classes. it is true that for now every unit combat will not have a choice of class, but only what trait to choose, but this serves as a basic system from where i can add more classes later on.

Btw, you are necroing eleven months old thread
that is how i roll :)

also it was my thread and the topic stayed the same.

-reduce hero classes to two classes per unit combat (1 normal + 1 prestige)*
change in plans i will reduce it to two classes per unit combat, but drop the prestige classes, i.e. every unit combat has the choice between 2 classes and within those classes the choice between two traits.

change in plans i will reduce it to two classes per unit combat, but drop the prestige classes, i.e. every unit combat has the choice between 2 classes and within those classes the choice between two traits.

cool, good solution.

Top Bottom