Anyone else sad they won't play V on release?

Another Mac user here, but one that's (surprisingly) not too concerned about if/when the game is released for Mac.

No, I am not sad. I am disappointed. The graphics requirements are absolutely ridiculous.

Ah, see this is why I have bootcamp.

Speaking of Bootcamp, I think, I have a story that ranks pretty high up there, in terms of frustration: Yesterday, I woke up, sat at my desk, and thought I would dust a little bit before I became distracted by something else. So, I closed my MBP partially -- because I have a cover for my keyboard -- and that triggered the machine to go into sleep mode. I didn't think anything of it. After I finished my dusting, which only took a minute or two, I realized that the computer wouldn't come out of sleep mode. And then after turning off the machine, to have it restart normally, the MBP wouldn't even boot. Several hours of researching, experimenting, and testing later, I finally took the machine to an Apple Store, where I was told that the motherboard failed. If what I've been told is true, I should have my machine back in five to seven days, once I shell out $300 for the labor.

I've never had a single issue with my MBP in two years, and the motherboard dies a week before the release of ciV!? It's a good thing I ordered the game from D2D, because I'd be upset that I couldn't pre-load the game.

I did see the live gameplay stream yesterday, though, and I'm looking forward to next Tuesday.

Me too. :(

Consider this is a Civfanatics forum and then these polls:

Thread: Civilization 5 and Steam(works)
Question: How will the integration of Steam(works) influence your decision on buying Civ5?
Answer: I will definitely NOT buy the game, because of Steam - 91 votes

Thread: What worries you the most about the Civ 5 yet?
Question: What annoys you mostly?
Publishing (Steam, Deluxe edition, DLC). - 151 votes

Add to that the Civfanatics that didn't vote in the polls and/or only posted once on this sub-forum that they wouldn't purchase the game and then disappeared.

I wouldn't call that "a cause no one is interested in". I call that "lost sales".

So 91 or so civfanatics will cross their arms and pout when the game comes out, and hundreds of thousands of players will buy the game anyway. Take Two will make tons of money from the digital sales without paying for disc pressing or packaging, while we will enjoy another iteration of Civ with the bonuses that come with digital distribution, like cloud save files and discless installations. It's win-win, and everybody is happy. Well almost everybody.

So 91 or so civfanatics will cross their arms and pout when the game comes out, and hundreds of thousands of players will buy the game anyway. Take Two will make tons of money from the digital sales without paying for disc pressing or packaging, while we will enjoy another iteration of Civ with the bonuses that come with digital distribution, like cloud save files and discless installations. It's win-win, and everybody is happy. Well almost everybody.

Did they confirm cloud saves?!?!?!

I play on two computers (work and home) and probably soon 3 (work, home, laptop) - cloud saves in SC2 got me past the whole "You need to log in to their servers to play your single-player game" thing pretty damn fast.

/excited

Yes, cloud saves where confirmed. You get 10 slots for cloud saves. ;)

I am sad indeed, i have every civ game i could ever find. I still have the wild west one, But the fact i have to use steam to even play the game has made me so sick, i will never buy a 2k game again. I like the new look, but i see no reason i should have to use steam for any reason, no reason that seems good to me.

I can't just help smiling to all these people not determine to show out there that they are not buying the game because of Steam. It's like they are convinced they can actually force 2k to revert their choice.

You are fighting a loosing battle my friends. If you don't like to keep up with the digital era then you'll probably end up not playing any new titles, and get stuck playing old titles.

The funny thing is that you'll just have to watch other enjoying the game, and suffer for your stubbornness.

I can't just help smiling to all these people not determine to show out there that they are not buying the game because of Steam. It's like they are convinced they can actually force 2k to revert their choice.

You are fighting a loosing battle my friends. If you don't like to keep up with the digital era then you'll probably end up not playing any new titles, and get stuck playing old titles.

The funny thing is that you'll just have to watch other enjoying the game, and suffer for your stubbornness.

Yes, its exactly like the big oil companies and how they are working with the regulators (i hear they have good stripper/cocaine parties). They work well together, the oil companies fill in the inspection forms in pencil and the regulators just go over it in ink.

Its been like this for decades, its the way it is! Get used to it. While me and my friends are enjoying gasoline for our cars, these tree hugging hippies care about the oceans, like that spill that just recently happened.

Get over it people, oil spills are here. Get used to it, or the car will leave you behind.

Yes, its exactly like the big oil companies and how they are working with the regulators (i hear they have good stripper/cocaine parties). They work well together, the oil companies fill in the inspection forms in pencil and the regulators just go over it in ink.

Its been like this for decades, its the way it is! Get used to it. While me and my friends are enjoying gasoline for our cars, these tree hugging hippies care about the oceans, like that spill that just recently happened.

Get over it people, oil spills are here. Get used to it, or the car will leave you behind.

Are you comparing Steam to a big oil company?

Top Bottom