Civ5 manual errata

Thanks guys for making those extra lists. I just added them to the OP. I did not at all realise there is a tech tree in the box - I guess I'll get that with my order when it arrives. :D

Angkor Wat -- Discrepancy in two entries (English manual):

p. 154 -- The description of AW states Cultural cost of acquiring new tiles is reduced by 75% in every city.

p. 217 -- The chart entry for AW is the same, except the cost reduction is given as 50%.

The 75% figure agrees with the in-game information.

Note: This thread in the Bug Forum raises the issue of whether or not AW's effect applies to all cities or just the one in which it is built. Either way, the manual is discrepant.

According to the "Healing Damage" topic in the Civilopedia:

Civilopedia said:
In a City: A unit heals 3 HPs a turn.
In Friendly Territory: 1 HP per turn.
In Neutral or Enemy Territory: 1 HP per turn.

The strange way the above sentences are written (the Friendly line is separate from the Neutral/Enemy line even though both claim to be 1 hp/turn) made me suspicious, so I decided to test this. It turns out that the description of friendly healing is incorrect, and healing actually works like this:

Reality said:
In a City: A unit heals 3 HPs a turn.
In Friendly Territory: 2 HPs per turn.
In Neutral or Enemy Territory: 1 HP per turn.

See the attached save file (for version 1.0.0.20) for confirmation. Leave all units where they currently are and end the turn. Notice how the warrior in the city heals 3 hp, the archer and spearman in friendly territory heal 2 hp (not 1 hp), and the warrior in neutral territory heals 1 hp.

Attachments

• 1660.Civ5Save
    427.7 KB · Views: 204
You are correct. Per the attached screenshot, the corresponding Civilopedia entry is correct. I'll merge this thread into the Manual Errata thread.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

Attachments

• Healing Damage.jpg
    Healing Damage.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 238
Is there going to be an updated PDF which reflects these changes and also patch updates ?

Top Bottom