Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

I guess u are right (just had thorough look at the Tech Tree) :(

Oh well, I´ll give it a try nevertheless; just hope it doesnt slow early game progress 2 much. :)

This sounds good:

Technologies
Scaled up tech costs throughout the game (slight change for early eras; close to double for Modern)

I found your balance for firts half tecnology relistic, for the second half is too fast, rifling comes always around 1600, i think are needed some new tech between renaissance and industrial era and some between half industrial era and the end.

P.s. i'm try to find a balancement in the knight/swordman/musketman/lancers issue as you asked. stay tuned and thank's for consideration :)

One thing I miss in Civ5 is the 'agricultural revolution' that made it's way through Europe around the Dark Ages. I don't know from which 'knowledge' it was conceived but some sort of early biology an be a nice technology. Wasn´t there Crop Rotation in HitM for Civ4=

With the free policy you get every era (which I really like!), requiring 6 policy trees to finish the game would probably be better, especially as the policy that doubles a city's culture as long as it has a wonder can be attained earlier.

Also, I haven't tried it out (piety was too alluring :) ), but isn't Free thought a bit weak? It can be unlocked only when half the techs are already discovered, so at the most it is roughly 500 culture, but more likely it is 300. Or does it work differently from what I understand (I read it as every time you gain a tech, you gain a one time 10 culture added to your culture total)?

Also, I think the tradepost policy in the commerce tree might be a bit strong. In two games now, it really boosted my income so that I could afford everything whenever I needed it. I got attacked and just bought myself an army within a few turns.

Anyway, I really enjoyed my first game with the mod! The changes are either subtle, or they make me fondly remember the more interesting parts of CivIV (the higher tile yields for instance).

One thing I miss in Civ5 is the 'agricultural revolution' that made it's way through Europe around the Dark Ages. I don't know from which 'knowledge' it was conceived but some sort of early biology an be a nice technology. Wasn´t there Crop Rotation in HitM for Civ4=
The animal drawn plough was incredibly important for increased yields, as was crop rotation (but that was already a roman invention IIRC).

Though you say you missed it, this "agricultural revolution" matches quite nicley with standard CivV's +1 to riverside farms at Civil Service.

You mean something like farms yielding different food bonuses with each era (ofc, you had to discover required technology first), just like Civ:CtP did?
That was, imho, the best "agricultural revolution" concept so far.

Anyway, great mod so far, but starting a new game with it is quite strange tbh :)

This sounds good:

Technologies
Scaled up tech costs throughout the game (slight change for early eras; close to double for Modern)

I found your balance for firts half tecnology relistic, for the second half is too fast, rifling comes always around 1600, i think are needed some new tech between renaissance and industrial era and some between half industrial era and the end.

P.s. i'm try to find a balancement in the knight/swordman/musketman/lancers issue as you asked. stay tuned and thank's for consideration :)

I'm going to wait and see how the changes are in the new patch, before I modify tech rates anymore. 2K may do a good job balancing out the eras, which would mean I won't have to make many adjustments.

Wasn´t there Crop Rotation in HitM for Civ4=

Not to my knowledge. :lol:

With the free policy you get every era (which I really like!), requiring 6 policy trees to finish the game would probably be better, especially as the policy that doubles a city's culture as long as it has a wonder can be attained earlier.

Also, I haven't tried it out (piety was too alluring :) ), but isn't Free thought a bit weak? It can be unlocked only when half the techs are already discovered, so at the most it is roughly 500 culture, but more likely it is 300. Or does it work differently from what I understand (I read it as every time you gain a tech, you gain a one time 10 culture added to your culture total)?

Also, I think the tradepost policy in the commerce tree might be a bit strong. In two games now, it really boosted my income so that I could afford everything whenever I needed it. I got attacked and just bought myself an army within a few turns.

Anyway, I really enjoyed my first game with the mod! The changes are either subtle, or they make me fondly remember the more interesting parts of CivIV (the higher tile yields for instance).

That is correct with Free Thought. Each time you discover a new tech, you get a one time bonus to culture. You bring up valid reasons about how late it starts in the game. I can always up the amount of culture to make it a little more worth while.

Good job..

About SDI have you tested <NukeInterception> because I tested it before and it seems not working in this game.

It "seemed" to work correctly when I tested it. Or... it could have been mere coincidence, too. I have no problems taking it out if it doesn't work.

I really wish 2K wouldn't have included tags that are non-functional in the XML. It's really frustrating testing each one to see if they work. :mad:

For those interested, I created a chatroom to discuss Civ V Modding in general, as well as a place to get faster feedback from Modders when they are online:

http://www.meebo.com/room/civmod/
password is fanatic

You do need to create a meebo account(or possibly use AIM, MSN, etc) to get in.

I'm going to wait and see how the changes are in the new patch, before I modify tech rates anymore. 2K may do a good job balancing out the eras, which would mean I won't have to make many adjustments.

You are right ;)

Another question, do you plan to modify the civilopedia entry of the modified policies? I was forced to print your list for playing. Can you at least create an empty description? Just to notice that that policy was changed? (and go to forum to see the change)

You are right ;)

Another question, do you plan to modify the civilopedia entry of the modified policies? I was forced to print your list for playing. Can you at least create an empty description? Just to notice that that policy was changed? (and go to forum to see the change)
At first I didn't understand what you meant but are policies not always correctly displaying what they influence in this mod?

At first I didn't understand what you meant but are policies not always correctly displaying what they influence in this mod?

Exactly, i play in italian language (i'm italian) and i can recognize the changes because all new stuff is in english in my game. The policies are all in italian, so i supposed that grave didn't modify the policy entries in civilopedia. I'm wrong?

No, you are right. Grave only releases English versions of his mod.

No, you are right. Grave only releases English versions of his mod.

you didn't understood me. I know that the mod is in english, i can see all the modded stuff in my game (in english) and it is'nt the problem.
The problem is that all the policies are in italian, so i suppose that no TEXT changes was made for policies (only gameplay changes). It is wrong? You can see different texts for changed policies on you tooltips?

For example, you see "Pikeman", i see "Picchiere", but if grave change the name of "Pikeman" to "Medieval Pikemen" i'll see "Medieval Pikemen" in my game (in Civ4, in the same situation i supposed to see a blank text, this is a new very good stuff of civ5)

Hi grave, is it possible to make that fighters explore area and bombers bomb resources, thanx.

Cool mod.

This mod need a modern basic unit. Mech infantry now needs oil. Last units without any resourses Infantry and AA units. It's boring see AI atacking with AA flood and infantrys, paratroopers lost the combat.

I think should be a Modern Infantry as basic modern era unit.

Hello Grave,
Version 3 tech tree now works for me. Thank you.
I find game much more enjoyable to play.
I experience crashes which seem to happen with ships starting with trimarine on to frigate, etc.
Also suggest frigate upgrade to destroyer vs. battleship.
Again, wonderful mod.
Regards,

Hi, it seems to really good mod but I experience random CtD. Is there a way to find out what causes those crashes?

I use also those mod:
FastMove (v 1)
Improved Demographics (v 3)
Luxury Resource Display (v 3)
QuickMoveMod (v 1)

Also I prefer slower research and I modified Slower Research (v 1) mod
Code:
			<Set ResearchPercent="350"/>
			<Where Type="GAMESPEED_EPIC"/>

These mods should be compatible, right? They do not contain follwoing files:
- TechTree.lua
- TechTree.xml
- civ5artdefines_unitmembers.xml
- civ5artdefines_units.xml

Is anyone else having problems with loading Guided Missiles and Nuclear Missiles on appropriate ships? I don't get to move them :(.

Top Bottom