Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

Thanks! :goodjob:

But... what's LeoPaRd? :lol:

A personal HOF on steroids that keeps track of "Local scoring Records" and mimics Steam_Achievements processing while allowing players to use one, some (or many!) MODS in an API that deploys their statistical results from a DB system.

You'll have to determine what you want as an 80x80_Mod_Icon to represent your stuff in the project, soon!
Click on the LeoPaRd_Link in my sig below for further details while having a swift look in post #6; it's a necessary minimal step, i guess!
:D

well your mod still seems to work with the new patch which is good, but with the patch the vanilla game has a better balance between tech research time and building time. otherwise i still prefer your mod so far. any chance you will be updating it sometime?

I'll get to it as soon as I can. I have lots of real world issues that need tending to, first! :king:

Grave, is it possible yet do new game variables like health? I would like to trade my sheep and wheat i.e., something you can't do right now.

Hyr, heres the deal with new yields:

Right now we can create new yields functionally (its a lot of coding, but doable!) and the AI generally knows how to use it. The problem comes down to a graphic one: Font Icons. For a new yield to work, we would need to be able to create a custom font Icon to represent it in game. Without that font icon, it is really too ugly to do.

I see Sneaks. So i.e. trading wine would be easier doable as you already have an icon for it?

Something different I realised after posting last night: how about moving away from acquiring refined products from plantations and instead make the resource available? Like you don't receive Wine when you construct a plantation on grapes but you get grapes and need to construct a building to turn it into 1 Wine resource.

That would be doable through a process of making all luxuries strategic resources, then creating luxury refined resources to match. The question becomes whether the ai can handle it and whether there is value added in putting an extra step in the process.

Maybe not for all luxuries but for some it'll add a touch of realisme. I never seen wine bottles grow on hills :p.

one thing with the resources that always kind of bugged me was that if iron can be used up why not other mined resources like gems, gold and silver? also why are horses used up? they are a renewable resource like any other livestock. oh and i think that if you have access to ivory you should be able to build war elephants.

one thing with the resources that always kind of bugged me was that if iron can be used up why not other mined resources like gems, gold and silver? also why are horses used up? they are a renewable resource like any other livestock. oh and i think that if you have access to ivory you should be able to build war elephants.
That sounds like you want the resource depletion mod that was released for Civ4. It's a nice feature indeed but I think it affects the game differently. Now iron is "used up" when you build a unit or building that requires it. You get it back when you delete that unit or building. If your Iron Ore mine closes in the mean time, do you still get your iron back?

Found a problem that seems to be caused by HitM. One of the Liberty policies gives a free Great Person when chosen.

However, no ammount of clicking on the button will allow me to choose or continue otherwise.

I removed HitM back after the patch, and wasn't having that problem.

Low and behold: the "February" patch is savegame compatible and works like a charm with HiTM II.

Quite happy as I can now finish my best game of Civ5 sofar.

Low and behold: the "February" patch is savegame compatible and works like a charm with HiTM II.

Quite happy as I can now finish my best game of Civ5 sofar.

I'm working on the latest HiTM2 update as I type this. It's going to be small... mainly to make it fully compatable with the lastest official patch. Hope to have it up shortly. Just sayin. :king:

On a completely un-related note... has anybody watched An Idiot Abroad on the Science Channel? Hilarious! :lol:

On a completely un-related note... has anybody watched An Idiot Abroad on the Science Channel? Hilarious! :lol:
You mean the old Discovery_Civilization channel?

Nope, but i shuffle from Space & National Geographics (superb Yellow Square!) or Documentary in between Habs Hockey games on RDS or the usual early evening news on CNN or multiple regionals for Québec.

While i'm here... HTM or GTO as your LeoPaRd Icon, btw?

You mean the old Discovery_Civilization channel?

Nope, but i shuffle from Space & National Geographics (superb Yellow Square!) or Documentary in between Habs Hockey games on RDS or the usual early evening news on CNN or multiple regionals for Québec.

Marc-Andre Fleury > Carey Price :mischief:

Let's go Pens! :trophy:

While i'm here... HTM or GTO as your LeoPaRd Icon, btw?

GTO sounds nice. :goodjob: But what does the HTM icon look like? :confused:

Alright, i'll fuse them both together or somethin'. :D

Without Crosby & Malkin? Good luck, Pens. Not that we don't also miss Markov, Gorges & Spacek -- lately.
The Canes just lost a key game while The Sabres zooms right by.
Down the wire... as usual!

Price to Fleury a week sooner, the story goes on -- meet you in April or this Saturday PM.

Top Bottom