Pantheon, Founder and Follower Beliefs

I think you mean 1 Pantheon belief, 1 Founder, 2 Followers, and 1 Enhancer.

Guys, sorry if the answer is right out there, but I'm not dealing well with such amount of info and have some questions:

-The Founder Belief is chosen by the Religion's founder, and it only benefits him. Now about the Followers Beliefs, are they individual for each Civ that follows (including the founder) a certain religion or every Civ that follows that religion shares the same followers beliefs that one/two of them eventually chosen? And what about the Enhancer Belief, is it shared among every Civ that follows that religion?

-Religions spread within 10 tiles. Let's say I settled a new city, equidistant of an Islamic and a Christian cities, and within their area of religious influence. What religion will my city adopt?

-Let's say you're playing in a multiplayer map where players are pretty much isolated from each other. You manage to found a Religion, some of the other civs didn't (naturally). Wouldn't you fell tempted to let the other civs in their paganism so they don't get any follower's bonus and other religions benefits or the Founder Belief's bonus always offsets this temptation?

The first thing to grasp is that population units within a city convert individually to a religion. So you might have a city of size 10, but only 3 may follow a particular religion. Also, all of a religion's Beliefs are chosen by the founder, even if they may affect followers of the religion.

The Founder Belief is chosen by the Religion's founder, and it only benefits him. Now about the Followers Beliefs, are they individual for each Civ that follows (including the founder) a certain religion or every Civ that follows that religion shares the same followers beliefs that one/two of them eventually chosen? And what about the Enhancer Belief, is it shared among every Civ that follows that religion?
Each of the Follower Beliefs are very specific about whether they will affect your city. For example, Asceticism: Shrines provide +1 Happiness in Cities with 3 followers. That means any city with 3 population units that have converted to that religion will get +1 Happiness for a Shrine.

Religions spread within 10 tiles. Let's say I settled a new city, equidistant of an Islamic and a Christian cities, and within their area of religious influence. What religion will my city adopt?
It's not clear exactly how this works, but it seems that cities with 10 tiles will gradually convert population of nearby cities to their religion, 1 pop at a time. I think someone said over the PAX weekend that invidudal cities can have more than one religion (different population points follow different religions), and if this is true, then a new city might be 50/50 split between two different religions from nearby cities.

Let's say you're playing in a multiplayer map where players are pretty much isolated from each other. You manage to found a Religion, some of the other civs didn't (naturally). Wouldn't you fell tempted to let the other civs in their paganism so they don't get any follower's bonus and other religions benefits or the Founder Belief's bonus always offsets this temptation?
Kind of hard to answer this without knowing more of the details about how thing work, but I don't think you have the option to prevent your religion from spreading if you're within 10 hexes of a foreign city.

-The Founder Belief is chosen by the Religion's founder, and it only benefits him. Now about the Followers Beliefs, are they individual for each Civ that follows (including the founder) a certain religion or every Civ that follows that religion shares the same followers beliefs that one/two of them eventually chosen? And what about the Enhancer Belief, is it shared among every Civ that follows that religion?
All of a religion's beliefs are chosen by the religion's founder. The Pantheon belief is the only one that each Civ gets to pick for itself.

-Religions spread within 10 tiles. Let's say I settled a new city, equidistant of an Islamic and a Christian cities, and within their area of religious influence. What religion will my city adopt?
Presumably both will gain traction in that City, but the one generating more Faith will convert more. Things like missionaries will also affect this balance.

Let's say you're playing in a multiplayer map where players are pretty much isolated from each other. You manage to found a Religion, some of the other civs didn't (naturally). Wouldn't you fell tempted to let the other civs in their paganism so they don't get any follower's bonus and other religions benefits or the Founder Belief's bonus always offsets this temptation?
With any luck, the right choice to this question changes from game to game, depending on circumstances and what you're pursuing that game. I would suspect that spreading to gain your Founder Belief's benefits is typically better though.

Each of the Follower Beliefs are very specific about whether they will affect your city. For example, Asceticism: Shrines provide +1 Happiness in Cities with 3 followers. That means any city with 3 population units that have converted to that religion will get +1 Happiness for a Shrine.
Most of them aren't so specific, though. The default requirement to gain Follower Belief benefits may well be 50% / a majority. I don't see any Cities benefiting from more than one Follower Belief.

...I don't think you have the option to prevent your religion from spreading if you're within 10 hexes of a foreign city.
This is probably right.

I really like the sound of all this stuff, I can't wait for the expansion.

The hunt one seems really crap though, camp resources arent very common as opposed to the +1 production per sea resource which is going to be awesome for Elizabeth.

The hunt one seems really crap though, camp resources aren't very common as opposed to the +1 production per sea resource which is going to be awesome for Elizabeth.

Probably for this reason, they introduced new bonus resources: the boars (if they are not tamed pigs, but I don't think so) need a camp, too.

Ah, so hopefully boars / pigs will spawn on grassland tiles?

Currently we have deer, furs and ivory, which are tundra / plains only. They also aren't as common as cattle and horses.

I got it, thank you for the responses!

All of a religion's beliefs are chosen by the religion's founder. The Pantheon belief is the only one that each Civ gets to pick for itself.

This is particularly interesting. At first it sounded strange (if you don't have choices and have little to no control over the mechanism, where is the fun?), but this also means that you do not have to focus on Religion every game, you just need to be a smart follower and make the most out of what you got. It's a nice challenge, to say the least.

I think every civ gets to create a Pantheon, but only half will get to create Religion... but if you end up following someone else's religion, I don't think you get to keep your original Pantheon belief. The Pantheon beliefs get rolled into the Religion, so it seems to me if you switch religions, you're switching everything.

It's not clear exactly how this works, but it seems that cities with 10 tiles will gradually convert population of nearby cities to their religion, 1 pop at a time. I think someone said over the PAX weekend that invidudal cities can have more than one religion (different population points follow different religions), and if this is true, then a new city might be 50/50 split between two different religions from nearby cities.
Yeah, you can have multiple religions.

Also, concerning conversion, a city has a certain amount of religious 'pressure', so I reckon if there are two cities with different religions within the 10-tile radius, the one with the highest religious pressure will convert the population faster.
Also it doesn't matter if a city is 3 tiles or 9 tiles away, the pressure is the same amount.

Edit:
Pic of mouse-over where you can see the different religions in a city, the amount of followers each and the pressure (+25)

It will be intesting to find out how "Pressure" is calculated. And it might be true that Pressure doesn't diminish with distance, but I'm not sure we know enough right now to say that for certain.
I'm fairly certain I read or heard thatthe distance doesn't matter and the conversion is calculated equally along all the tiles in the 10-tile radius.

So,anyone wants to guess what would the civs which won't be allowed to found religions? I guess two of them are Babylon and Korea,because of their crazy science bonus .

1 Pantheon (each civ gets this) + 2 founder (if you found a religion) + 2 follower (if you have pop/city following a certain religion - domestic or foreign) + 1 if you are Byzantium

1 Pantheon (each civ gets this) + 2 founder (if you found a religion) + 2 follower (if you have pop/city following a certain religion - domestic or foreign) + 1 if you are Byzantium

Thats wrong it is:

After 6 faith: 1 Pantheon

First GP: 1 founder (bonus to the founder only) + 1 follower (bonus to everyone following the religion)

Second GP: 1 extra follower + 1 enhancer (I don't know who gets the bonus and what kind of bonus it is, anyone?) + 1 if you are Byzantium

re: goddes of the hunt, elephants tend to cluster together, it could be useful in one of those ivory starts. otherwise they don't have enough food to work them until you get farms up...you'd get the gold much earlier with 2F on that tile.

Top Bottom